Author Topic: concert etiquette .... revisited  (Read 9384 times)

Cali

concert etiquette .... revisited
« on: May 13, 2008, 12:08:00 pm »
quite a bit of assholery last night but i still had a good time. feel free to add to the list...

1. dont go to a show if your ass is full of gas. i dont want to smell that all night

2. if your just gonna talk LOUDLY during the entire show - from the time doors open, until you leave - why even show up. you can do that at a bar or how bout go stand next to the bar.

3. dont try to climb on the stage

4. if you steal or "make a spot" for yourself where someone else was--you cant get pissed if when you leave and come back the orig person is standing there again. AND if you do get pissed, make sure you actually returned to the spot you left first. (girl last night comes back to see her "spot" taken only to find out she's in the wrong place and should be about 3 people down. she then decides to ram herself back into said spot. this lady was about to get her but her boyfriend calmed her down. looked like she was about to choke her lol).

walkonby

Re: concert etiquette .... revisited
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 12:23:00 pm »
you forgot rule 5.  don't worry about what other people think of you.  they're probably one of those idiots who don't think you're allowed to where a certain shirt at certain concerts.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 12:29:00 pm »
Or rule # 6.  If you go to shit concerts by shit bands chances are good that you, yourself, are shit.

walkonby

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 12:32:00 pm »
7.  if you're going to smoke pot at a show, for god's sake, pass it over.  i'm not undercover.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 12:39:00 pm »
8.) If the show is at the Black Cat don't wear flip-flops.

vansmack

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 12:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by Cali:
  1. dont go to a show if your ass is full of gas. i dont want to smell that all night
But I happen to like the smell of my own farts.
27>34

RustyOrgan

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 12:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by walkonby:
  7.  if you're going to smoke pot at a show, for god's sake, pass it over.  i'm not undercover.
Amen to that!  Was anyone else smelling the sticky sweet aroma at Radiohead?

walkonby

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 12:48:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

Originally posted by Cali:
But I happen to like the smell of my own farts. [/b]
but do you light them at shows to show your demand for an encore?

sonickteam2

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 12:51:00 pm »
9. If you're pushing your way to the front as the act is going on, dont get all pissed cause i am pushing you back.

10. If you manage to get by me and you end up standing directly in front of my wife and are 8" taller than her, dont get all pissy when she pokes you in the small of the back every 10 seconds.

Aphex

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2008, 12:58:00 pm »
11. Just shut up during quiet songs and don't act like its a good time to get a beer, or ask nine of your friends "should I get you anything?"

12.  Please do no applaud between movements unless its Tchaikovky's 6th, though many conductors still frown upon that.

13. Don't leave your bar tabs open at the end of the night.

vansmack

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2008, 12:59:00 pm »
Originally posted by Aphex:
  11. Just shut up during quiet songs and don't act like its a good time to get a beer, or ask nine of your friends "should I get you anything?"
Good point.  You should just know.
27>34

Aphex

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2008, 01:05:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

Originally posted by Aphex:
Good point.  You should just know. [/b]
To follow this up: I get annoyed when its a band that is just 'quiet' to begin with...and the audience knows it going into the venue.  I remember people chattering during GY!BE, and both AIR concerts, some of the better moments were ruined by chatterboxes, Elliott Smith at the Troc, Decemberists in Toronto...this shit is universal and it needs to stop.  I didn't pay money to chat to my friends, that is why God created opening acts, pregaming and shitty outdoor venues.

anarchist

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2008, 01:08:00 pm »
when people talk loudly around me i pass gas so that they will move on.

thirsty moore

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2008, 01:14:00 pm »
Was it maui wowie.

Originally posted by RustyOrgan:
 Amen to that!  Was anyone else smelling the sticky sweet aroma at Radiohead?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2008, 01:18:00 pm »
7b. if someone does pass it over, don't be a dick and get the joint confiscated by security.

at radiohead this weekend, a bunch of giddy early 20-somethings snuck into the row behind us.  no sooner has my friend lit up than one of the giddies leaned over and yelled "DUDE CAN WE GET A PIECE OF THAT ACTION?!?" to which we pointed out that it was common etiquette to wait for the owner's friends to partake before sharing with strangers (AKA rule 7c).  security wasn't oppressive, but one had to be careful how obviously one was partaking - for example, a lot more carefully than the giddies were.  the girl at the end of the row, actually standing in the aisle, was waving the thing all over the place.  just as they handed the goods back, security came a'scurrying, i barely had time to stomp it out and kick it away.  that also put security on our case for the rest of the show, so no more partaking... thanks, dickheads.

Originally posted by RustyOrgan:

Amen to that!  Was anyone else smelling the sticky sweet aroma at Radiohead? [/b]
man, the smell was so strong it felt like i was breathing it...
<sig>