> GENERAL DISCUSSION

The Comprehensive Music Collection -- the B's

(1/13) > >>

redsock:
Original language below, have had to download a lot of this in not so legal ways unfortunately. Will throw up my new "A" music collection by the end of the month, when i'm hoping to be done.

But in the meantime, hit me with the B's, and please suggest album titles when appropriate, but "anything" also works. Not first names please...

-------------------

So, since I now have a decent paying job, and have rediscovered my love of actual CD's -- going the other way of others on the board apparently -- I have decided to reach out and discover the gobs and gobs of music I've missed along the way. Anything that came out this decade, I'm all over, but honestly, my musical tastes before that were poor, at best.

So, i'm doing this one letter at a time. And since I know you guys love this list stuff...

Artists that start with A, who should I be listening to, and what albums are important? Some artists are best covered by a Greatest hits album, others have one important album. All genres, all years, assume I know much less than I actually do. Let 'er rip...

ggw:
The Bongos - Numbers with Wings

xneverwherex:
The Bluetones - Expecting to Fly or The Singles
 Blur - Modern Life is Rubbish

ratioci nation:
Brian Jonestown Massacre - Methodrone or Take it From the Man

calecp01:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by redsock:
  Original language below, have had to download a lot of this in not so legal ways unfortunately. Will throw up my new "A" music collection by the end of the month, when i'm hoping to be done.

But in the meantime, hit me with the B's, and please suggest album titles when appropriate, but "anything" also works. Not first names please...

-------------------

So, since I now have a decent paying job, and have rediscovered my love of actual CD's -- going the other way of others on the board apparently -- I have decided to reach out and discover the gobs and gobs of music I've missed along the way. Anything that came out this decade, I'm all over, but honestly, my musical tastes before that were poor, at best.

So, i'm doing this one letter at a time. And since I know you guys love this list stuff...

Artists that start with A, who should I be listening to, and what albums are important? Some artists are best covered by a Greatest hits album, others have one important album. All genres, all years, assume I know much less than I actually do. Let 'er rip...
--- End quote ---
My fav B's, although I catalog via first names so there might be some last name B's that I'm missing:

The Band - Greatest Hits
 I'm sure plenty will disagree and claim multiple albums are needed, but personally I think these guys are just a *wee* bit overrated and this comp is good enough

Basement Jaxx - Remedy

Duh: Beach Boys, Beatie Boys, Beatles <-- the new Love album in 5.1 is pretty amazing BTW

Beat happening - Beat Happening

Beck - Midnite Vultures and Odelay at least

Bee Gees - there is a new best of package that is perfect, def have both folk and disco eras in the collection

Beirut - Gulag Orkestar

Bela Fleck & the Flecktones - Live Art

Belle & Sebastian - one of my fav bands of all time, hard to recommend the best, but I'd say The Life Pursuit, If You're Feeling Sinister, Legal Man, and the Books EP for starters.

Beta Band, The - The Three EP's <-- holy shit so good

Big Star - #1 Record & Radio City on 1 disc

Bjork - Homogenic and Post for sure

Black Devil Disco Club - 28 After

Black Flag - Damaged

Blind Melon - Soup <-- no really!

Bloc Party - Silent Alarm

I'd say at least one Blonde Redhead, but I'll let an uber fan suggest an album

Blondie - Parallel Lines or one of the best of collections

Blue Cheer - Vincebus Eruptum

Blur - honestly a little overrated in my opinion, best of disc at least should be in every collection

Boards Of Canada - Music Has The Right To Children

Booka Shade - Movements

Books, The - Thought for Food

Boredoms - Super AR

Boy Least Likely To, The - The Best Party Ever

Breeders - Last Splash

Broken Social Scene - You Forgot It In People

Built To Spill - um... all of them?

Buzzcocks - Singles Going Steady

Byrds, The - Sweetheart Of The Rodeo

Navigation

[0] Message Index