Author Topic: The VMAs  (Read 6753 times)

nkotb

Re: The VMAs
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2006, 10:38:00 am »
Just to be safe, I only hate black women.

Originally posted by le sonick:

Originally posted by nkotb:
  What's better? Mysogyny or racism?  Just curious.

Originally posted by Bartelby:
  Of all the ugly, mysogynist crap that went on with the hip hop/crunk/gangster crowd
[/b]
i thought mysogyny was the new racism. [/b]

shtee223

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2006, 11:05:00 am »
what about the raconteurs playing "white light, white heat" with lou reed? that was fucking awesome but not a very mtv-like thing to do. not too many vmas viewers would know who the raconteurs are, let alone lou reed. when afi won best rock video, and the singer said "lou reed everybody!" hardly anyone clapped or showed recognition. it was depressing.

Chulahoma

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2006, 11:07:00 am »
who all performed last night?

nkotb

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2006, 11:11:00 am »
Are you serious?  They seem custom-built for MTV in my opinion.

Originally posted by shtee223:
 not too many vmas viewers would know who the raconteurs are

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2006, 11:43:00 am »
  Just to be safe, I only hate black women.
post of the week
(o|o)

vansmack

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2006, 12:47:00 pm »
Look, I like everything.  But James Blunt is REALLY bad, even too bad for my tastes.

And I'm not racist.  I hate everybody equally.
27>34

Bartelby

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2006, 06:48:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

Wow...isn't this a bit like reviewing a concert you didn't go to...or slamming an album you haven't listened to?
If it's any consolation, I read all your posts before deciding that you were a complete fucking nutcase. [/b]
Thanks for sharing your opinion about me.  Since I've never met you, and vice versa, I find your typical rude, meanspirited and insulting response sort of moot. Since you seem to be answering responses to his thread, just how far up PDX's ass do you live now?

nkotb

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2006, 06:52:00 pm »
This is the hottest forum gossip since Kurosawa and I had our fling!

Since you seem to be answering responses to his thread, just how far up PDX's ass do you live now?

shtee223

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2006, 07:03:00 pm »
  Are you serious?  They seem custom-built for MTV in my opinion.

Originally posted by shtee223:
 not too many vmas viewers would know who the raconteurs are
[/b]
no i dont think the raconteurs are custom built for mtv. the majority of people watching the vmas will be into people like justin timberlake, panic at the disco, 50 cent, etc. the raconteurs arent in that category

poorlulu

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2006, 11:59:00 pm »
  This is the hottest forum gossip since Kurosawa and I had our fling!

yeah right fling........like we don't all know that you two don't still swap scarves when it's 'specially cold..................

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2006, 10:57:00 am »
Did Lou Reed really play?  Holy fuck, I can't believe I missed that.  Then again, it will be on in syndication for the next six months, over and over and over again...

I tuned in to see Ok Go nail their dance, after the serious slap in the face of having them perform directly after the Best Dance Video award was awarded, for which they weren't even nominated...and let me tell you those boys can dance better than almost all of the nominees...well maybe not Madonna...but she didn't even win...

The Raconteurs were great, but when I was watching you only saw 15 second clips of songs.  And Jack Black, who is probably one of my top 10 favorite actors, was horrible.  It was just bad tv.

lbcardoni

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2006, 05:03:00 pm »
HAHA
  From Fluxblog's VMA Play by PLay

8:36 Jack White jams a bit as though he's G.E. Smith on a rerun of SNL from the early 90s.

ledooh

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2006, 06:28:00 pm »
I thought Jack Black had potential when he opened the show by saying how much the VMA's have sucked for decades. He fell apart after that. However, I give him props for introducing Paris Hilton as "the world's most attractive producer of independent film."

And OK Go rule.

Bags

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2006, 10:58:00 pm »
Originally posted by you be betty:
 I tuned in to see Ok Go nail their dance, after the serious slap in the face of having them perform directly after the Best Dance Video award was awarded, for which they weren't even nominated...and let me tell you those boys can dance better than almost all of the nominees...well maybe not Madonna...but she didn't even win...
They weren't eligible for this year.  If anyone remembers them next summer, that's their chance.  Still, you gotta say, the publicity was pretty damn impressive.  I have a feeling half full Black Cat shows are a thing of the past...

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2006, 08:30:00 am »
I DVRed it and will have to say The Raconteurs was the only artist worth seeing, how such a talented group could release such a so-so record is beyond me.... Missed the original ending and MTV edited out the appearance of the gatecrasher for the rerun, but most likely on youtube though.
T.Rex