Author Topic: Hey alright, if i get by.....  (Read 7829 times)

Re: Hey alright, if i get by.....
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2006, 12:39:00 pm »
Yes, those people are equally as dopey (though some international type snobs would argue differently).

Originally posted by le sonick:

Originally posted by Steny Hoyer, Pubic Destroyer:
  I never said I was a fashion king. I just implied that I don't dress like a typical dopey American.

neither did i, i said you were a fashion CRITIC.

which you are being.  and you still wont divulge information about your attire.  

(though you did pretty much admit it was banana republic and though i am only 29, i have never bought anything in a Banana Republic)

and whats the gig with american jerseys, are europeans who wear football shirts to games and around town not dopey?  canadians wear hockey jerseys to hockey games!  what about the koreans who all wore their jerseys to the WBC? [/b]

sonickteam2

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2006, 12:41:00 pm »
ok, rhett, so whats your favourite clothing store, and by that i really mean the store you buy most of your clothes from.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2006, 12:48:00 pm »
Originally posted by Surly Bonds:
  I'll bet dollars to donuts that Rhett shops at Banana Republic.
Nah, that other big American (I mean Chinese) fashion retailer.

WAL-MART!

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2006, 12:51:00 pm »
I get all my clothes on markdown from a fancy French store called Targèt.

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2006, 12:56:00 pm »
I can't believe I'm actually having this conversation with a man, but if you insist on asking...

I don't really shop that much, really. When I do, I tend to go for non-pleated khakis and dress pants, dark Levis, dark and earth toned solid colored shirts, both long sleeve, short sleeve, and t's. Campers, Doc Martens, Kenneth Cole loafers and oxfords. A couple of tastefully funkier shirts from French Connection. Brooks running shoes only when running and hking boots only when hiking. Black leather and brown suede jackets (bad vegetarian, bad). A puffy coat when it's cold.

Is that enough for you to go Xmas shopping for me on?

When I do buy clothes, it's often at Goodwill, since you can get the same stuff they sell new at a fraction of the cost. And the Banana Republic Factory Store when I'm in a spending mood.

Where should I Xmas shop for you?

Originally posted by le sonick:
  ok, rhett, so whats your favourite clothing store, and by that i really mean the store you buy most of your clothes from.

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2006, 01:00:00 pm »
I bought gloves there, but that's about it.

We bought a ping pong table at Walmart the other day. The guy selling it to us, Juan, told us that he has 18 kids. "Not all by the same woman, because 18 kids would kill one woman."

Originally posted by Jaguar:

I'll bet dollars to donuts that Rhett shops at Banana Republic.
Nah, that other big American (I mean Chinese) fashion retailer.

WAL-MART! [/b]

sonickteam2

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2006, 01:09:00 pm »
Originally posted by Steny Hoyer, Pubic Destroyer:
  I can't believe I'm actually having this conversation with a man, but if you insist on asking...
not bad.  i was just thinking as i was reading (do i have to buy him a christmas present now?)

for me?

well, for work i go with nothing but Jos. A Bank and Harry Rosen clothes. (brooks brothers if i can afford it) i have a fascination with cufflinks so i buy my shirts french cuffed...and suspenders, always, never a belt.

and when i go out, i have 12 hockey jerseys that i alternate  ;)

Jaguar

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2006, 01:11:00 pm »
  I get all my clothes on markdown from a fancy French store called Targèt.
Oui! Oui! I've been known to mingle amongst those racks myself.

I have never set foot in a Wal-Mart and plan to keep it that way.

sonickteam2

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2006, 01:29:00 pm »

I have never set foot in a Wal-Mart and plan to keep it that way.
we think alike again. though, i have been in Wal-Mart before i can honestly say, not in the last 8 years or so, maybe more.  

filene's basement is another fine store if you're looking for brand name clothes at a bargain price.  there's actually one opening at the inner harbor next year sometime, underneath Best Buy.

Jaguar

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2006, 01:35:00 pm »
Yeah, I heard about Filene's opening at the Inner Harbor. Maybe I'll actually go down sometime.

Actually, I'm more excited about the Loew's Landmark (or whichever) movie theatre opening down there. My only real problem with it is that it's too far from the Light Rail and there's no real free parking which will end up keeping me away. I really wish they would have put it up at Hunt Valley or some other area, even if much farther away from me, where parking wasn't such an issue.

Speaking of parking, Soundgarden (or maybe it's all of the Fells Points merchants) are offering free parking until Christmas! Gotta love them for that.

sonickteam2

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2006, 01:38:00 pm »
  Yeah, I heard about Filene's opening at the Inner Harbor. Maybe I'll actually go down sometime.

Actually, I'm more excited about the Loew's Landmark (or whichever) movie theatre opening down there. My only real problem with it is that it's too far from the Light Rail and there's no real free parking which will end up keeping me away. I really wish they would have put it up at Hunt Valley or some other area, even if much farther away from me, where parking wasn't such an issue.

Speaking of parking, Soundgarden (or maybe it's all of the Fells Points merchants) are offering free parking until Christmas! Gotta love them for that.
really? (on two accounts)  Loews movie theatre? opening in Baltimore?  i hadnt heard!! awesome.

and i didnt know Fells Point has free parking. and i work across the damn st. from soundgarden,haha.  but i dont drive much and when i do i have a pass for the parking garage.  but thats nice!  merry xmas baltimore!

sonickteam2

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2006, 01:44:00 pm »
so jag, where did you hear of a movie theater in baltimore city? online? if so i would love a link.

its the biggest thing charm city is lacking these days!

Jaguar

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2006, 01:57:00 pm »
From Soundgarden's newsletter:

FREE PARKING
 NOW THROUGH CHRISTMAS!!
 Stop by anytime between now and Christmas day and you'll find that our lot (in Baltimore) will be available to our customers, even Friday and Saturday nights! Don't fight with headaches that derive from shopping at the mall, come down to Fells Point and Armory Square and experience the wide array of unique shops that each community possesses.

I have no idea which lot they mean or if you have to get a ticket stamped or what. Not very clear but I guess you can call them.

Think I read about the Landmark Cinema in the Examiner but could have been The City Paper. This was months ago. Can't remember exactly where they plan to put it but seems to me on or near President St.. If I can find something about it online, I'll post a link. Should be great for you if you live around where I think. It's those of us in the suburbs who will have to weigh the extras of parking and such that will end up keeping us away when we would otherwise go. You know, like when you decide if you are going to see a show in DC or not.

sonickteam2

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2006, 02:02:00 pm »
i found a couple sorta articles.  damn, its right by my work. yeah, at the end of president st (the VERY end) where that new circle is near Roys, City Sports, the Oceanaire, etc)

i wanna buy one of those condos they are building over there, but i seem to have lost that half a million dollars i was going to buy it with!

Jaguar

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2006, 02:14:00 pm »
Okay, here we go.