Author Topic: X roll call  (Read 6304 times)

bearman🐻

Re: X roll call
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2008, 10:50:00 am »
NP -- Soul Kitchen

Fuck yeah. Can't wait for tonight. Are the Detroit Cobras worth checking out? Dr. Anton, I think I might just head over to the club to check out the Cobras if the consensus here is that they're good, but if they're merely OK then I'll swing by for a drink at Murphy's around 8:30 or so.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2008, 11:39:00 am »
Deinately check out the Cobras if you have a chance...it's been a few years but last I saw them they were great.

ggw

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2008, 11:48:00 am »
Detroit Cobras are great.  Definitely worth getting there early.

bearman🐻

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2008, 11:56:00 am »
Nice...thanks chaz and ggw, you've convinced me!

El Jefe Design

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2008, 01:05:00 pm »
Detroit Cobras are awesome to see live and I have been a fan for a few years.

Bags

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2008, 04:10:00 pm »
gonna be at Nelly's (or is it Nellie's, I can never remember) to see the beginning of the DCU game....drop by for a beer if you're on your way to the club.

andyrichter

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2008, 12:57:00 am »
Ok guys, better show this time?   ;)   For me, this was the best X set I've seen out of the 4 times I've seen them this decade.  The band really seemed to be enjoying themselves.  I thought the crowd, at least where I was standing near the front, was better than last time and just rocking out.  I was really happy with all the songs off Wild Gift!  And if you walked out after the 2nd encore, you missed a beautiful ending with Exene and John coming out to do an acoustic version of See How We Are.  Fuck I love this band.    

And Billy Zoom can literally play those songs in his sleep.  I love how he would just walk over and talk to the roadie in the middle of a solo and not miss a note.  Dude still likes to STARE at young girls in the crowd which is both creepy and entertaining at the same time.    

Oh and like John Doe said, he is a smart man for taking the Detroit Cobras out on this tour.  They fucking rocked.  

Great show!

MonkeyPants

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2008, 09:31:00 am »
Originally posted by andyrichter:
  And Billy Zoom can literally play those songs in his sleep.  I love how he would just walk over and talk to the roadie in the middle of a solo and not miss a note.  Dude still likes to STARE at young girls in the crowd which is both creepy and entertaining at the same time.    
Not just STARE, but stare and then WINK...particularly at the youngest ones.  creepy and hilarious.

It was a really great show.  Much better than I anticipated.
PANTS

floyd1975

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2008, 09:33:00 am »
I almost decided not to go at the last minute.  That would have been a bad decision.

bearman🐻

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2008, 09:36:00 am »
I couldn't agree more. A stellar kind of show, and I was pleased that after yelling for "Devil Doll" a few times that they ended with it. Fantastic.

Billy Zoom is definitely a perv, no doubt about it. I met him after the show and he signed a CD for me, but he was distracted by a 24-year-old girl, who didn't seemed to be bothered that he was basically being a dirty old man. He didn't miss a beat. "So pretty girl...how old are you?" Eeeewwwwwwww...so creepy. Dude is like in his 60's. He's Billy Zoom and he's awesome, but it was still gross. Did anyone else notice the drunk couple where the guy was zooming in on his gal's cleavage and snapping photos with his cell phone camera? I swear, some people must not get out much.

As for the performance, the acoustic version of "See How We Are" made the night for me. Total magic. DJ Bonebrake was on top of his game too. Lots of chemistry with everyone in the band, and a really solid audience turnout. I'm very glad that I got to see this show, easily my favorite X show I've seen.

Bombay, Bags, Dr. Anton...great to see you all last night! Next show for me (I think) is Swervedriver.

azaghal1981

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2008, 11:08:00 am »
Well...fuck me.  :(

Originally posted by floyd:
  I almost decided not to go at the last minute.  That would have been a bad decision.
احمد

Vas Deferens

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2008, 11:25:00 am »
I guess Exene was properly fed last night?
(_|_)

Relaxer

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2008, 01:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by wanderlust j. marshmallow:
I don't think that's been a problem for her the last few years.
oword

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2008, 01:02:00 pm »
Originally posted by Relaxer:

Originally posted by wanderlust j. marshmallow:
I don't think that's been a problem for her the last few years. [/b]
I'm sure the alimony checks from Viggo come in handy in that department.

thirsty moore

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2008, 03:30:00 pm »
X was great last night.  Seriously, all the best stuff off of Wild Gift and Los Angeles.  

I wasn't too into Detroit Cobras.  They are good musicians but they play dull songs.