Author Topic: Beastie boys at 9:30  (Read 36569 times)

hanyan

Re: Beastie boys at 9:30
« Reply #165 on: June 15, 2004, 05:27:00 pm »
I still have two redsox waiting room browser windows open....should I wait?

vansmack

« Reply #166 on: June 15, 2004, 05:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  why does everyone automatically blame the venue and vendors for not getting this an that... how about the beastie boys, capitol records, and whfs?  should you be directing complaints about the way the show was handled to them?  
I blame the parents, really.
27>34

m1

« Reply #167 on: June 15, 2004, 05:28:00 pm »
hey -- for all you who didn't get a ticket, I just spoke to Mike and he said they are playing an hour long Pre-Show at the old 9:30 Club -- the password is 'Rats' and the tickets will go on sale tomorrow at 6am on ticketserror.com

m1

« Reply #168 on: June 15, 2004, 05:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by hy:
  I still have two redsox waiting room browser windows open....should I wait?
wait ...

juliapenwell

« Reply #169 on: June 15, 2004, 05:37:00 pm »
I agree with you Kosmo....though, you probably get to go, right?

Wish I could make it to the Y100 show this weekend...

d.c.1

« Reply #170 on: June 15, 2004, 05:37:00 pm »
so did anyone else actually get 2 tickets to a redsox game instead?

sonickteam2

« Reply #171 on: June 15, 2004, 05:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by d.c.1:
that would have been really cool.

although, being a Red Sox fan, I have been in the "virtual waiting room" since about 1918!!!!

godsshoeshine

« Reply #172 on: June 15, 2004, 05:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

why does everyone automatically blame the venue and vendors for not getting this an that... how about the beastie boys, capitol records, and whfs?  should you be directing complaints about the way the show was handled to them?  
I blame the parents, really. [/b]
nono, media, liberals and gay marriage. oh, and people that talk about bikes being better than cars.
o/\o

scumpond

« Reply #173 on: June 15, 2004, 05:40:00 pm »
i don't get the furor.  its a tiny venue and there is a huge demand. there is no practical way to deal with the disparity between the supply and the demand.  someone will always feel left out.  the tickets.com works fine 99.5% of the time.  its always going to crash for someone at sometime, though.  bitch if you must, but it all seemed fair-enough to me.

of course...i was a caller 9, so .... i am above all of this.

m1

« Reply #174 on: June 15, 2004, 05:40:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:

Originally posted by d.c.1:
that would have been really cool.

although, being a Red Sox fan, I have been in the "virtual waiting room" since about 1918!!!! [/b]
Clver  :roll:

juliapenwell

« Reply #175 on: June 15, 2004, 05:41:00 pm »
Pond...you'd definitely feel different on the other side. Heh.

datskat

« Reply #176 on: June 15, 2004, 05:42:00 pm »

why does everyone automatically blame the venue and vendors for not getting this an that...

i don't blame the venue. i blame tickets.com for being a shoddily run ticket vendor. i worked for a handful of clients that utilized their services over a period of 2+ years. i consequently received numerous complaints on their ability to provide product as described in a timely manner, as well as their horrendous reputation for customer service. check their record of complaints w/ the CA Better Business Bureau, as well as any number of national credit card issuing banks.

how about the beastie boys, capitol records, and whfs?  should you be directing complaints about the way the show was handled to them?

the phrase "pissing in the wind" comes to mind.

IMHO the beastie boys management handled this very poorly.  First they encouraged people to become WHFS comrades to get tickets.  Then they annouce the "exclusive" internet sale via thier email list.  Which means that people from all over the country and beyond now know about the sale.  Had it been WHFS and 9:30 club most of the people trying to get tickets would have been local and smaller.

amen.

vansmack

« Reply #177 on: June 15, 2004, 05:42:00 pm »
Originally posted by pond:
  there is no practical way to deal with the disparity between the supply and the demand.  someone will always feel left out.
I used to sleep with interns at the radio stations to get tickets.  That kind of closed the disparity gap for me and made her feel a little less "left out."
27>34

m1

« Reply #178 on: June 15, 2004, 05:47:00 pm »
Originally posted by pond:
  i don't get the furor.  its a tiny venue and there is a huge demand. there is no practical way to deal with the disparity between the supply and the demand.  someone will always feel left out.  the tickets.com works fine 99.5% of the time.  its always going to crash for someone at sometime, though.  bitch if you must, but it all seemed fair-enough to me.

of course...i was a caller 9, so .... i am above all of this.
someone's gonna feel left out, sure - but the system SHOULD not crash, that is inane - the servers SHOULD be able to handle to overload and line people up as they log on - or at least explain the process on their website - I got tickets but I know many didn't because they closed out that 'Boston Red Sox VWR' not knowing that they should have left it on - It was truly confusing ... So yeah, Tickets.com Servers do suck and they should post the process ahead of time

scumpond

« Reply #179 on: June 15, 2004, 05:49:00 pm »
yeah.  i know i'd be pissed if i didn't get tickets.  but not at tix.com or the venue...i don't think.  again, meeting the wants/needs of 5000-10000 fans in a 1000 person venue = impossible.  so even if tickets.com had worked flawlessly, many of you/us would still have not been able to purchase tickets.  perhaps the beasties will be fitting in a merriweather post or other stop later in the year to support the new cd.  that show will be just as good as the one on thursday i am sure....