Author Topic: Beastie boys at 9:30  (Read 36565 times)

MaLo

Re: Beastie boys at 9:30
« Reply #210 on: June 15, 2004, 07:24:00 pm »
Originally posted by datskat:
  that beastie ticket fiasco was a farce. four people on T1 connections, and the best we got was a boston red sox tickets.com "waiting room."

i was on good ol' dialup

Facey8

« Reply #211 on: June 15, 2004, 07:45:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:You'd also think that the band would cut their internet mailing list down so that only the folks with local zip codes would get the password to this show (which they didn't, it was out into at least a national if not global email).  At least HFS and 9:30 passwords were to local folks.
While I in no way think the Beasties're infalliable dudes, what does that point matter?  Cut the mail list?  The handful who'd use a Pre-Sale password to buy tickets and drive all the way down from Michigan, etc. for the show has the same fan enthusiasm as your local ticket camper, maybe more (maybe too much).  As far as getting into the show, they're at least as deserving.
      ...like its noble or something for one of the country's largest radio stations to lead on thousands, dangling an unstated number of tickets for sale all for the glorification of their lame email list.  What do they care about helping out locals versus other people

sonickteam2

« Reply #212 on: June 15, 2004, 07:49:00 pm »
Originally posted by Kelly Pappas:
  I won tickets to the Beastie Boys show.  I am going, but I will sell my other ticket to whoever gives me a good bid first.  You can e-mail me with your bids.
this aint ebay bitch.  you should burn in hell for that post.

<small>[ 06-16-2004, 03:20 AM: Message edited by: thatguy ]</small>

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #213 on: June 15, 2004, 07:51:00 pm »
High-five sonick!!

sunbum13

« Reply #214 on: June 15, 2004, 07:59:00 pm »
They are going on at 8:30

scca2k

« Reply #215 on: June 15, 2004, 08:03:00 pm »
I feel a bit better since now i see im not the only one who got an error message at checkout and got to wait in the Boston Red Sox waiting room......oh well, life goes!   :roll:

sunbum13

« Reply #216 on: June 15, 2004, 08:07:00 pm »
"this aint ebay bitch. you should burn in hell for that post."

Fuck you punk

eltee

« Reply #217 on: June 15, 2004, 08:09:00 pm »
Originally posted by loopzlp:
  Ok..I know that credit cards get denied freeing up tickets, etc...that being said, I'm still being refreshed in the waiting room on three browsers...what would others do -- give it up knowing it's sold out or hope you'll go somewhere with them?  bc why would they keep refreshing and not just go to some page and say, "Dude, it's over, let it go"...
"half-full" attitude that's the spirit......

eltee

« Reply #218 on: June 15, 2004, 08:12:00 pm »
Originally posted by RatBastard:
  What the hell does the Boston Red Sox have to do with Beatie Boys tickets?  
Pete Rose. Yup, he's probably behind the whole debacle.

jamilynn22

« Reply #219 on: June 15, 2004, 08:20:00 pm »
i got tickets to the show and i can't wait to go! anybody have any idea what a good time to get there would be??

Bags

« Reply #220 on: June 15, 2004, 08:22:00 pm »
Originally posted by Kat on a Hot Tin Roof:
  That seemed to be a pretty simple explanation for me. Tickets.com didn't see it coming (smart move there....)
I do not understand all this whining and complaining - the tickets were gone in 35 seconds, is it a wonder most of us didn't get tickets.  it was a lucky hit, even if you tried at 4:00:10....  People at 4:00 GOT tickets.  The system didn't crash, unable to sell tickets sitting there.

As for tickets.com, you do not build a system for the absolute peak usage, which may occur once or twice a year.  If you want them to do that -- to build enough server capacity for 10,000 hits simultaneously in 30 seconds, you better be prepared to pay for it.  This should make ticket service charges more like $30, $40 or $50 per ticket instead of $5.  Because you have to pay to sustain all that server capacity that's idle 99.4% of the time [note to literalists, the numbers here are EXAMPLES, they serve as an ILLUSTRATION of building out the tickets.com system for peak capacity).

Some folks got tickets, some didn't.  This is life.  Get over it.

JohnnyBlades, does it not occur to you that by getting passwords from SO many email lists that you should then multiply the number of recipients getting passwords as well?  With three venues giving out the password, as well as having it posted on the internet at a free concert site, it was bound to happen the way it did.

I tried to get Simon & Garfunkel tickets, through TICKETMASTER, not Tickets.com, and though I was dialing in on a T1 line at the time the tickets went on sale -- surprise, I didn't get tickets!  Out of thousands, but there were that many more people trying.  Do I blame Ticketmaster?  No, I blame the 15,000 other people trying to get tickets too.

eltee

« Reply #221 on: June 15, 2004, 08:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by Kelly Pappas:
  Fuck you punk
high five sonick!  ;)

eltee

« Reply #222 on: June 15, 2004, 08:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by jamilynn22:
  i got tickets to the show and i can't wait to go! anybody have any idea what a good time to get there would be??
now

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #223 on: June 15, 2004, 09:33:00 pm »
oh the irony of it all...  the ones most loudly complaining about not getting tickets because tickets.com dosen't have the capacity to handle the load.  are the ones on the T1 with several browsers auto refreshing thus leading to the waiting rooms to appear because of the volume they are causing.  

while at least one of the 300 or so people who did get tickets was doing it via a dialup connection.  one would say that having a bit of good karma and luck wins out once and in awhile.
T.Rex

Chip Chanko

« Reply #224 on: June 15, 2004, 11:11:00 pm »
I'm glad that I don't really like the Beastie Boys that much.