Author Topic: Ted Leo / Rx Roll Call  (Read 9586 times)

amnesiac

Re: Ted Leo / Rx Roll Call
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2005, 09:42:00 am »
Great show. They sounded awesome, but I agree - not quite as much fun as the Black cat shows. And no Under the Hedge??

brennser

« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2005, 09:44:00 am »
suspect device sounded great  
indeed it did!

thirsty moore

« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2005, 09:47:00 am »
Originally posted by chimbly sweep:
 No, abnoxious is defined as standing in the front of the crowd (near food food, actually) and talking through *every* song, including the ones that you shout "I love this song!" to.
Not cool.  I was standing in the back with a decent group.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2005, 09:54:00 am »
i had some really good timing last night ... was at DC9 from 9:15-10:00 or so, then headed over to the club and found an extra for a friend just as ted was going on ... i thought it was a really fun show, hearts of oak was a big standout for me, but that's one of my favorite songs, so it would be hard to screw it up ... the bass seemed too high in the mix, kind of drowned out teddy's axe-work, but just a minor quibble

were any of you guys in that big group sitting in the back booth at dc9?  they didn't turn the sound down for my mega-mix of walkmen/replacements/JAMC/neworder/daftpunk!
(o|o)

twelsh737

« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2005, 09:56:00 am »

jkeisenh

« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2005, 09:58:00 am »
Originally posted by HoyaParanoia:

were any of you guys in that big group sitting in the back booth at dc9?  they didn't turn the sound down for my mega-mix of walkmen/replacements/JAMC/neworder/daftpunk!
We were in the very front booth whilst your megamix played.  It was great.  Esp. the replacements/new order bits.

I however was quite cranky at that point, since DC9 was out of Sparks, and I was relying on said frosty beverage to make up for the 12 hour workday and help me stay awake through the show.  Grr.

twelsh737

« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2005, 09:58:00 am »
Originally posted by tbmtt:

Originally posted by econo:

Originally posted by tbmtt:
 "topsiders" or "bluchers?"
Bluchers isn't something tossed around in most conversations.  I have to ask, how is it you know this term? [/b]
Didn't anyone else watch PCU at least 50 times? [/b]

lily1

« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2005, 10:01:00 am »
bluchers are the leather lace up shoes sold by llbean and bass. topsiders are the sailcloth sneaker type shoes used for boating/sailing. topsiders are actually quite useful for slippery docks and boats.

and i only know this because i grew up in a new england seaside town.

twelsh737

« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2005, 10:07:00 am »
Originally posted by lily1:
  bluchers are the leather lace up shoes sold by llbean and bass. topsiders are the sailcloth sneaker type shoes used for boating/sailing. topsiders are actually quite useful for slippery docks and boats.

and i only know this because i grew up in a new england seaside town.
Well in that case it was a blucher. And speaking of PCU there were a lot of "that guys" in the crowd last night. As in that guy who wears the t-shirt of the band they are seeing to the show. This is the second show in a row that this has happened. Am I missing something? Have the hipsters changed the rules on me?

thirsty moore

« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2005, 10:30:00 am »
Did you see anyone wearing both a Ted Leo shirt and bluchers?  Maybe they were wearing pleated shorts as well?

SalParadise

« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2005, 10:53:00 am »
Originally posted by econo:
  Did you see anyone wearing both a Ted Leo shirt and bluchers?  Maybe they were wearing pleated shorts as well?
i was wearing a ted leo shirt (flipped-up collar), pleated shorts, bluchers, a trucker hat, tyler durden aviator sunglasses... all the while pumping my fist, drinking miller lite and quoting old dave chappelle show catchphrases while i texted my fellow sig eps in clarendon about hooking up at the "ballroom" after the show.

my homepage is set to pitchforkmedia.com.

kill me now.

seriously, i enjoyed the show (even from the "cheap seats" between the merch stand and the bar). the soundmix was pretty much perfect i thought.

brennser, cool seeing you yet again.

onefellswoop

« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2005, 11:52:00 am »
great show... but too short and what a boring crowd!

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2005, 02:32:00 pm »
I am a boring first time ted leo show attender.  Great position at the cash bar.  Not as crowded as the typical sold out shows that I have attended.

I thought it was a great show and was happy to see that lots of cute teenage girls like Ted as well.  

It was a short set, but for old guys who need to get to work on Friday morning it worked just fine for me.  

I even liked Radio 4 in a complete ripoff of Duran Duran meets Miami Sound Machine sort of way (although the constant head-twitching by the lead singer will likely cause him long-term nerve damage).

sonickteam2

« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2005, 02:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by challenged:
 I thought it was a great show and was happy to see that lots of cute teenage girls like Ted as well.  

must we remind you of what happened to the last guy to be hawkin' on Hoya's woman????

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2005, 02:49:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam4:

Originally posted by challenged:

must we remind you of what happened to the last guy to be hawkin' on Hoya's woman???? [/b]
tee-heee!!
(o|o)