Author Topic: channel 49  (Read 885 times)

edbert

channel 49
« on: September 07, 2006, 01:34:00 pm »
Anyone else diggin' this? A couple weeks ago they started just airing movie trailers all day every day (before that they were showing some video from a symposium on extra terrestrial life, over and over).  But the trailers idea is hookin' me in.  If they had a fuller set I'd be addicted to it... for now they're showing the same ones over and over, but I think it's a strong concept

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: channel 49
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 01:50:00 pm »
Isn't that the way E! TV started with all trailers?
T.Rex

igotmoxie

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 09:11:00 am »
i stumbled onto them in july at 4 am when i couldn't sleep and magically found 'his girl friday' on. and then it ended in about 7 minutes with a sign that said "sorry, we can't show you the whole movie" frownie face.
 and then another classic movie snippet came on, went off, and the screen said "can you see us? tell us" and being the nerd i am emailed them the next day asking what their deal was.

i don't get it, although as an antennae-only viewer, i was excited about the idea of another station, hoping for something like channel 48 outside of philadelphia when i was little.
 twilight zone reruns and what's happening and tom and jerry.

that's why i'll never be allowed to program a tv station.

edbert

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 11:41:00 am »
As for stuff ending abruptly, you can still get that kinda wierdness over at another low-power UHF broadcast station in DC: ch 58. Bad low-budget educational videos and other stuff just starting and ending randomly, etc. 58 used to have this old ventriloquist/comedian hosting... I still try it once in a while hoping to see him on there but I think the content now comes from some other place

I could get ch48 when I was growing up in NJ, but we had even better UHF stuff like ch 68, home of The Uncle Floyd Show

igotmoxie

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 11:47:00 am »
uncle floyd!
 i tried to go see him play a crappy bar in seaside heights, but i wasn't 21 and couldn't get in.