> GENERAL DISCUSSION

Worst songs on otherwise classic albums

(1/3) > >>

HoyaSaxa03:
so i'm listening to the police's "synchronicity" and on comes "mother"

i honestly can't believe this piece of shit was recorded, let alone sandwiched right in the middle of the album ... it might be the worst song i've ever heard on an otherwise great album, especially one from a big-time major-label group at the peak of their powers

any others?

bearman🐻:
I always thought the Pixies could have done without "Silver" on "Doolittle", but in time I've gotten more fond of it just because it's so different than anything else they did.

X -- "Sex and Dying in High Society" on "Los Angeles.

Germs -- I always hated "We Must Bleed" on "GI", though some folks really like it.

Husker Du -- "How to Skin a Cat" on "New Day Rising and "The Baby Song" on "Flip Your Wig"

The Stooges -- "We Will Fall" on s/t

Charlie Nakatestes, Japanese Golfer:
I know there is a stinker on Clay Aiken's "Measure of a Man", but I can't recall which tune it is.

Relaxer:
"It's So Hard" on J&MC's Psychocandy is pretty crappy. Fortunately, there are 13 masterful tunes before it so it doesn't matter much.

I personally love "How To Skin a Cat" on New Day Rising. A nice break to their so-serious tone. "Here kitty kitty kitty!"

eros:
Good topic.

Noel Gallagher has gone on the record saying "Digsy's Dinner" (or "Diner" depending on which version you have) on "Definitely Maybe" is a piece of crap.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version