Author Topic: Pixies fans  (Read 104313 times)

nkotb

Re: Pixies fans
« Reply #150 on: August 09, 2004, 02:15:00 pm »
Thanks for the update.  Now I know NOT to get tickets to the 12/7 show.

Originally posted by Barcelona:

Originally posted by nkotbie:
  According to Pitchfork, TV on the Radio is opening for the band in DC.  That's good Monday news.
Last week I saw this on www.pixiesmusic.com

DEC 7  constitution hall
 washington, d.c. the datsuns, the bennies opening

DEC 8  constitution hall
 washington, d.c.  tv on the radio, the bennies opening [/b]

Medusa

« Reply #151 on: August 15, 2004, 06:40:00 pm »
Just found this article on CNN.com:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Music/08/12/music.the.pixies.ap/index.html

Cheers

DJ Medusa.

malkmess

« Reply #152 on: August 20, 2004, 11:46:00 am »
all right! i just got pixies tickets for norfolk this morning. i didn't realize the show is entirely general admission. are the d.c. shows going to be GA as well or is it seated?

Bags

« Reply #153 on: August 20, 2004, 11:59:00 am »
At Constitution Hall they're usually seated.

distance

« Reply #154 on: August 20, 2004, 12:07:00 pm »
i got tickets for norfolk too.
 one reason i chose norfolk over dc was that i assumed norfolk would be GA.
 another reason is that i hate constitution hall.
 but anyway.. i'm looking for another pixies show to go to on the east coast that's not seated in addition to norfolk..

malkmess

« Reply #155 on: August 20, 2004, 12:29:00 pm »
hey distance - did you notice that on ticketmaster is says the thrills are opening but on pixiesmusic.com it says the datsuns are opening? i'm confused. i do like both bands so it doesn't matter which i see.
 i chose norfolk just cos it's slightly closer than d.c. plus i won't have to deal with driving through d.c. haha.
 i'm hoping i may be able to snag some d.c. tickets, though, through my college radio station that i work for. crossing my fingers!

distance

« Reply #156 on: August 20, 2004, 03:48:00 pm »
Originally posted by malkmess:
  hey distance - did you notice that on ticketmaster is says the thrills are opening but on pixiesmusic.com it says the datsuns are opening? i'm confused. i do like both bands so it doesn't matter which i see.
 i chose norfolk just cos it's slightly closer than d.c. plus i won't have to deal with driving through d.c. haha.
 i'm hoping i may be able to snag some d.c. tickets, though, through my college radio station that i work for. crossing my fingers!
now that you mention it, i did notice that. i hadn't really thought about it (it should have stood out more as i called a friend yesterday and told him the various opening acts).

norfolk and dc are really an equal distance for me (though the tunnel could make norfolk take longer (not sure if i have to go through it for this venue) -- but it seems like there's more likely to be accidents on the way to dc, so... it's a toss-up really).. typicall when shows happen in norfolk and dc, norfolk is typically around 20% cheaper for whatever reason... though comparing the norva and 930.. 930 sounds waaaay better.. the main thing (for me) that the norva has going for it is that it's non-smoking always.. i don't have a problem with people smoking.. i just like to be able to come home from a show and not reek of smoke.

unless i get _really_ good tickets or cheap tickets or something, i really don't want to go to dc for the pixies.. this just isn't something i want to see at a place like DAR.. it just seems like it'd totally ruin the atmosphere of that type of show.. not that i want to mosh or anything... hopefully i can make another east coast general admission show, but if not, i still will have caught them at coachella, ACL and norfolk this year.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #157 on: September 03, 2004, 01:11:00 am »
From a pixiesmusic.com newsletter today:

"Also, just a reminder, the December 7 & 8 Washington, DC shows at Constitution Hall will be going on sale Saturday, September 18."

cjdawson

« Reply #158 on: September 03, 2004, 01:45:00 am »
Anybody know any details about a possible presale?

bearman🐻

« Reply #159 on: September 03, 2004, 11:20:00 am »
PLEASE OH PLEASE let there be a presale. I will be at the beach the days tickets go onsale and last time I was there I had shitty luck getting tickets for the Chicago shows. My damn dial-up on my laptop just about made me go insane. Seth, we'd be grateful if you did a presale.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #160 on: September 04, 2004, 09:49:00 am »
Originally posted by bunnyman:
  PLEASE OH PLEASE let there be a presale. I will be at the beach the days tickets go onsale and last time I was there I had shitty luck getting tickets for the Chicago shows. My damn dial-up on my laptop just about made me go insane. Seth, we'd be grateful if you did a presale.
well I gotta hook up my forum folks, at least

Barcelona

« Reply #161 on: September 04, 2004, 12:29:00 pm »
Tickets for both shows in DC will be on sale on September 18.

lily1

« Reply #162 on: September 06, 2004, 06:19:00 pm »
that would be great seth. thanks!

Originally posted by Seth Hurwitz:
 ]well I gotta hook up my forum folks, at least [/QB]

Chip Chanko

« Reply #163 on: September 06, 2004, 07:15:00 pm »
Ditto!

Originally posted by lily1:
  that would be great seth. thanks!

Originally posted by Seth Hurwitz:
 ]well I gotta hook up my forum folks, at least [/b]
[/QB]

bearman🐻

« Reply #164 on: September 06, 2004, 09:15:00 pm »
Seth, that would be incredibly cool if you can do that. We are truly lucky to have the 9:30, thanks for listening and helping us out. Being from Chicago, I can say that honestly if I ever moved away the 9:30 would be one of the things I would miss the most (and I would miss Lily too of course!!)   ;)  I will be reading this post religiously this week for updates.