Author Topic: Pixies fans  (Read 104252 times)

LRHippo

Re: Pixies fans
« Reply #375 on: September 17, 2004, 09:25:00 am »
Originally posted by Bags:
 They won't let you buy two sets in the same presale -- that's when your purchases get cancelled (and that's how tickets end up opening up an hour after the sale appears to be 'sold out')
Um...are you sure abou that. I've had to do 2 purchases to get a total of 4 tickets with presales in the past and have had no problems. They just make sure you don't go over the total limit...Like this one has a 4 ticket limit. I can do 2 sales of 2 tickets, but no more, that's when they get kicked out.

evilsanta

« Reply #376 on: September 17, 2004, 09:26:00 am »
wow first suede, then leaf, and now cerunnos!  feels like 2001 all over again  :)   now who wants to unearth misskitty and ian curtis

evilsanta

« Reply #377 on: September 17, 2004, 09:27:00 am »
ps check your pm...

TheREALHunter

« Reply #378 on: September 17, 2004, 09:28:00 am »
Just got Section D Row E and that was w/o receiving the password in advance haha, I put in enough random Pixies related words and finally got in  :)
 Hunter

sonickteam2

« Reply #379 on: September 17, 2004, 09:28:00 am »
that sucks.  if i'd have known they were all in the same section, i may have tried to buy some.

oh well..

jkeisenh

« Reply #380 on: September 17, 2004, 09:28:00 am »
Perhaps a pre-show happy hour would be in order, to get our drink on?

lily1

« Reply #381 on: September 17, 2004, 09:30:00 am »
and, a group of people who will not talk thru the entire performance! yippee!!!!!

:D   :D

Originally posted by evilsanta:
  hmmm a load of forumites sitting in the same section ... think of the possibilities!  Face Painting, Foam Fingers, the word Pixie painted on peoples chest.  Oh what fun that could be   :D  

Bags

« Reply #382 on: September 17, 2004, 09:32:00 am »
Originally posted by LRHippo:

They won't let you buy two sets in the same presale -- that's when your purchases get cancelled (and that's how tickets end up opening up an hour after the sale appears to be 'sold out')
Um...are you sure abou that. I've had to do 2 purchases to get a total of 4 tickets with presales in the past and have had no problems. They just make sure you don't go over the total limit...Like this one has a 4 ticket limit. I can do 2 sales of 2 tickets, but no more, that's when they get kicked out. [/b]
But the limit on this sale wast 2....  Dunno, but I'd never chance having my purchase cancelled.

lily1

« Reply #383 on: September 17, 2004, 09:34:00 am »
yup, the email explicitly said 2 ticket limit.

the earlier presale, and then one at 10 am allow for 4 tickets in a SINGLE purchase. not multiple purchases with the same card or name or billing address. its clearly written out on ticketmaster's site.

dont' take your chances folks and stick to the guidelines.

[/qb]
But the limit on this sale wast 2....  Dunno, but I'd never chance having my purchase cancelled. [/b][/QUOTE]

Cernunnos

« Reply #384 on: September 17, 2004, 09:35:00 am »
Damn, looks like I missed out...  need 3 tickets anyways (was going to tell the fiance, who will be the wife by then, that she could sit this one out, she's not a big Pixies fan anyways).  Guess its a sign that the tickets are all gone.
 When are the tickets for the 12/8 show going on sale?

suede

« Reply #385 on: September 17, 2004, 09:37:00 am »
haha, i was thinking that too when Cernunnos
 posted.  i can report that miss kitty is alive and well in the suburbs of baltimore but mr. curtis i havent seen in a while...

evilsanta

« Reply #386 on: September 17, 2004, 09:38:00 am »
but seriously seeing markie with a big X painted on his chest would be quite the sight no...

Cernunnos

« Reply #387 on: September 17, 2004, 09:40:00 am »
Guess if anything was gonna pull us old-timers out of the woodwork it would be a Pixies reunion?  I didn't even know about the show until 3 weeks ago (man, I'm totally loosing it in my old age of 25).
 And I didn't even know the forum had returned until I saw the "forum presale" thing on Ticketmaster and thought "hmm..."  Good thing the old user/pass worked.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #388 on: September 17, 2004, 09:41:00 am »
why do i have this feeling for past 24 hours i've been the devil but still wanting to give out presents to good little forumites hmmmm...
T.Rex

« Reply #389 on: September 17, 2004, 09:45:00 am »
Phewww. I just got through reading 10 pages of "I got Row F Seat 15-16", and I just have to say, this thread is the most exhiliratingly exciting threaed I have ever read!