Author Topic: Pixies fans  (Read 101161 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Pixies fans
« Reply #720 on: December 08, 2004, 09:18:00 am »
it was one of those shows were i wasn't left wanting to hear more, heard everything i wanted to hear from.  the band was rockin' and rumbling like a finely tuned roadster.  thought the sound guy did a great job, one could hear kim deal's whispered utterances as clear as day.  this show was much better than when i saw them in 91...

kosmette wonders if the sudden downpour after the show wasn't a result of all the heat being released from constitution hall when the show was over.  which also explained why people were choosing to sit for the show.  i wonder if markie took second prize in the wet t-shirt contest on the metro   ;)  

and forgive me, but i can't hear gigantic without hearing self's version of it...

titanic
 titanic
 a big big boat
T.Rex

lily1

« Reply #721 on: December 08, 2004, 09:28:00 am »
on the metro between friendship heights and bethesda going towards shady grove? 7.45-8 am ish?

perhaps it was your secret agent twin?  :eek:

Originally posted by brennser:

hmmmm, not sure, where exactly did said shoulder tapping occur? I did metro yesterday for a change but was deep in ipodland for most of the trip [/b]

jkeisenh

« Reply #722 on: December 08, 2004, 10:03:00 am »
SOrry to go back to this... but any idea what time TVOTR will take the stage tonight?  Is it OK to assume it's the same time as the Datsuns last night?
 (EDIT:  DUUUUH!  Sorry about that.  I just saw the lineup on two other pages of our friendly forum.)

I'll be in L1 on the floor, if anyone wants to say hi and/or debate the merits of suburban vs. urban life between sets...     :p

lily1

« Reply #723 on: December 08, 2004, 10:05:00 am »
from page 18 of this 19 page thread:

6:30 PM Doors
 7:30-8:00 PM The Bennies
 8:20-9:00 PM The Datsuns (Tues) or TV For the Radio (Wed)
 9:30 PM Pixies

brennser

« Reply #724 on: December 08, 2004, 10:38:00 am »
yup, it was him    :cool:  

Originally posted by lily1:
  on the metro between friendship heights and bethesda going towards shady grove? 7.45-8 am ish?

perhaps it was your secret agent twin?   :eek:  

Originally posted by brennser:

hmmmm, not sure, where exactly did said shoulder tapping occur? I did metro yesterday for a change but was deep in ipodland for most of the trip [/b]
[/b]

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #725 on: December 08, 2004, 10:45:00 am »
Originally posted by lily1:
  from page 18 of this 19 page thread:

6:30 PM Doors
 7:30-8:00 PM The Bennies
 8:20-9:00 PM The Datsuns (Tues) or TV For the Radio (Wed)
 9:30 PM Pixies
Be warned that The Pixies came on at about 9:20 last night.  I'd suggest getting there a little early.

bearman🐻

« Reply #726 on: December 08, 2004, 10:50:00 am »
I admit that I had a rockin' good time, the sound was not up to par with Philly and the audiences at the Chicago shows could have beat the DC crowd any day. I was a little bummed that more people up front weren't into it, but I blame Constitution Hall on being a lousy venue and people feeling a little out of their element.

The cool thing that happened to me last night is after the show I got videotaped by Kelly Deal talking to Kim and had the band sign some stuff. Kim was great as always, she's got the friendly midwest demeanor...David likewise was cool as shit. Frank and Joey were pleasant but more distant, no surprise there. They're both good guys though, just more introverted. The Pixies' roadies are an awesome bunch though. All in all, a really memorable evening.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #727 on: December 08, 2004, 10:58:00 am »
so, anyone figure out who bought the tickets off of ebay?
OU812

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #728 on: December 08, 2004, 11:07:00 am »
I had a dream last night that after the show me and my friends were giving Charles and Kim a lift in our car.....pretty funny.

I liked the show.  Had great seats in the 7th row in front of Kim.  Audience was kind of listless, and the acoustics in DAR aren't the greatest.  Could have used more guitar in the mix, but that might have had a lot to do with where the seats were.

I thought song selection was great, the band seemed to be having fun too.  Kim smiled nearly the whole show.

ratioci nation

« Reply #729 on: December 08, 2004, 11:09:00 am »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:
  so, anyone figure out who bought the tickets off of ebay?
if i remember correctly they were the seats next to mine, and they were empty

markie

« Reply #730 on: December 08, 2004, 11:23:00 am »
Thanks Seth (and Kosmo) for hooking us up with cool seats.

I thought that was a pretty great show.

I always have a mix of anxiousness and fear at the thought of a reunion show. You know that the band cannot live up to the legend of their younger more svelte selves. But I cannot really imagine that show being any better. Well not unless it was general admission. I would love to be in the crowd one-day when debaser starts and the place goes mad.

Sorry about that whole metro thing Brennser. Will you be eating soup anytime soon?

SalParadise

« Reply #731 on: December 08, 2004, 11:23:00 am »
i remember that place being bigger for some reason, so when we settled in our row FF floor seats...i was pleasantly surprised. it was almost like standing by the merch table at 930 club (minus the marble columns).

good show, they seem a little tired from when i saw them at coachella, but to be expected.

"u-mass" is turning out to be one of my favorites from them (that and "tame" were my highlights).

the "bone machine" opener tonight should get things started a little better.

when i walked by the painting of the daughters of the american revolution in the lobby, they were sweating too.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #732 on: December 08, 2004, 11:24:00 am »
hey love the grin and enthusiam of kim on stage...
T.Rex

bearman🐻

« Reply #733 on: December 08, 2004, 11:28:00 am »
One of the band's roadies who has been with them since 1986 says that it has been their best playing and their best performances ever. I only saw them twice (in 1990 and 1991) back in the day, but I would have to agree that these shows are pretty darn consistent.

Nietzsche

« Reply #734 on: December 08, 2004, 11:30:00 am »
Thanks once again to Seth and Kosmo for the presale.

Where did Kim find that outfit?? (Ill-fitting pants and white blouse under blue v-neck sweater). C'mon, Kimmy, we know you're more hip than that. Not to mention she must have been sweltering.