Author Topic: justafan.org  (Read 1614 times)

ratioci nation

justafan.org
« on: April 02, 2004, 05:46:00 pm »
http://www.justafan.org/

Apparently this site was set up by a Wilco fan, so that people could donate money to the charity of Wilco's choice to thank them for releasing their music over the internet for free before the release date of their albums.  The only involvement the band had was choosing the charity.  Better explanation on the site.

jkeisenh

Re: justafan.org
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2004, 05:55:00 pm »
Wilco or not-- Doctors Without Borders is an org that could really use some cash, what with Iraq and Afghanistan and AIDS and all...

Samantha

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2004, 08:38:00 pm »
what an awesome idea!  wish more bands would do the same, makes donating easier and would get a lot more people to follow

jkeisenh

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2004, 02:39:00 pm »
fyi... they've started a tally on the site and it's raised over $7,800 - that's awesome!

marchdoe

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2004, 02:40:00 pm »
Ronen is a great guy and a class act. Known him for a while now. Great idea that has gotten some good pub.

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2004, 02:43:00 pm »
So when do Wilco tickets go on sale and how much will they be?

mankie

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2004, 02:51:00 pm »
I hate to rain on Wilco's parade..NOT! But I read somewhere that George Michael was the first artist to come up with this idea.

ggw

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2004, 02:58:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bollocks:
  I hate to rain on Wilco's parade..NOT! But I read somewhere that George Michael was the first artist to come up with this idea.
Apparently, George wants to borrow the Britney-Madonna onstage kiss idea, with Justin Timberlake.

ratioci nation

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2004, 03:01:00 pm »
again, wilco had nothing to do with the idea, so you are not raining on their parade

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2004, 03:06:00 pm »
Everytime I see him read the sports report, I'm repulsed by the thought of him making it in a public toilet.