> GENERAL DISCUSSION

eMusic again

(1/6) > >>

Sage 703:
so I just signed up, and I gotta say, it seems pretty amazing.  

can anybody offer any tips on navigating it or getting recommendations from the website?  any features that you found after being a member for awhile that are worth knowing about from the get go?

calecp01:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by callat703:
  so I just signed up, and I gotta say, it seems pretty amazing.  

can anybody offer any tips on navigating it or getting recommendations from the website?  any features that you found after being a member for awhile that are worth knowing about from the get go?
--- End quote ---
Once you start downloading and rating stuff the recommendations on the main page end up being pretty helpful

brennser:
congrats on seeing the light - emusic really is amazing, I don't know what I would do without it

I think everyone has different approaches and it all depends on how much time you have - cale is right the recs do work (sort of) after a while.....what I find most useful in finding new music is look at what other folks are listening to, looking at other folks lists, i.e., if they've downloaded the national, shout out louds and apples in stereo and have a fourth artist I haven't heard of that they love I'll download at least a few tracks purely based on that

I also look at the message boards from time to time, esp the new releases thread because often people comment on specific new releases andone will catch my eye

ratioci nation:
I tend to look at what Brennser has been downloading   :D  

Although lately I have been listening to audio books during my drive to work and find it harder and harder to find new music I want to listen to

El Jefe Design:
The Dozens feature is kinda interesting but can be limiting. There are a few good labels (Matador, Dischord, Touch and Go, etc...) on there so select those and ge tthe higher ranked goodies.

They just did a best of 2007 but I can not find it for some reason.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version