Author Topic: violence by the club AGAIN  (Read 38133 times)

walkonby

Re: violence by the club AGAIN
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2007, 12:24:00 pm »
d.c. isn't safe?  i love a town where people sleep on boxed benches and street grates and talk to themselves all day long, begging for a life never strived for; where others in suits parade with scowls and no time of day or a simple smile to anyone who says hello; where everyone seems to be a foreign counterpart to everyone else and can never seem to understand what the other person is properly saying; where streets are littered with the laziness of human disposal and rats the size of trained monkeys are sprinting into the storms drains of piss and vomit excitement from the fun of the bar/club adventure; where overpriced rent traps sucker the ones who feel the needs of convience outweigh the blindness of personal safety.  d.c. is like any other town i know . . . just quicker on the draw of getting beat, bothered, bemused, bewildered, mugged, raped, or killed in.

tigersscareme

« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2007, 12:25:00 pm »
what sweetcell said.

Also, I've never been mugged, jumped, or attacked in the city. Or anywhere for that matter. And i'm usually by myself. I'm guessing because I look poor and dumpey...which, I mean I am. But I'm not going to pretend it doesn't happen and honestly, I think a sense of caution is what's helped me exist relatively unscathed. I'm not going to let fear keep me away from rock shows...ever, but I'm not going to skip down the street swinging a purse either. Actually, I never carry a purse to shows. I just stuff what i need in my pockets. Maybe that's also why I've never been mugged.

I hate the fact that the news is bringing the proximity of the club into the event, as it's obvious that they're coattailing it onto the january shooting events.

Random senseless events are always the scariest.

« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2007, 12:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
  and thanks for bringing in the racist angle, you're always dependable for that!

And how did I bring it in, then?  It was a part of the news item.  Am I to be held responsible for the sun rising in the east, as well..?

« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2007, 12:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  Just google "west springfield shield."  Not a month goes by without some malicious woundings, assaults, and home invasions.
And Springfield used to be such a nice place to live.  It was a very peaceful town back when I lived there.

sonickteam2

« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2007, 12:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by Dupek Chakra:

and thanks for bringing in the racist angle, you're always dependable for that!

And how did I bring it in, then?  It was a part of the news item.  Am I to be held responsible for the sun rising in the east, as well..? [/b]
no, the chinks are responsible for that!

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2007, 12:30:00 pm »

Then why was there mention of the 930 club in both news articles, Einstein?  Riddle me this.
it's called sensationalism... not that a Fox News junkie like yourself would understand      :D       "girls walking to metro victims of random violence" doesn't make it headline news.  tie it in with "club violence", the flavor of the week, and you've got a lead story.  wow, imagine that, questioning the media...
  [/b]
So you don't think it's of any interest at all that a group of 8 or so girls randomly attacked people about a block from the club?  You think it's purely "sensationalism"  to mention that they just left 9:30 just moments before this happened?

Are there any facts here that you do feel were worth reporting?  Or should the whole story just have been ignored and chalked up to "Shit Happens"?

sonickteam2

« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2007, 12:32:00 pm »
this reminds me of a story, when i was in Boston.  one night at a metro stop these drunk white girls were being obnoxious and these Portuguese girls were finally like, "shut the fuck up" and the white girl called her a whore...fighting ensued, someone got hit with some kind of object...cops come....white girls claim they did nothing at all, portuguese girls arrested.

cops never even asked us what happened and we were on the platform the WHOLE time!

not that that's what happened here.

lagas

« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2007, 12:34:00 pm »
zorra

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2007, 12:35:00 pm »
Here's what I don't understand is the attack occured  at Vermont and V street which is near the gas station correct...  And then the Hoya story says they walked five blocks to the Metro which would mean they went to the 13th street entrance and not the one only one block away near the memorial.   It would seem to me they didn't know the neighborhood very well.  

I never walk up Vermont to get to the club as trying to cross Florida Ave near the gas station is treacherous.  I always go down Florida to U and walk past the Velvet which often has people milling about outside.

It would seem to me that the well light Florida avenue block along the parking structure would be a better choice then cutting through a seedy gas station to a less vehicle traveled street.
T.Rex

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2007, 12:38:00 pm »

Originally posted by Hoya Paranoia:

Three Assaulted Near Popular Club

Fossen described the assailants as black girls
A distillation of the pertinent facts.  This nightclub violence is a black problem, not a youth problem.

The victims were caucasian, the perps were african.  It sounds like a Hate Crime.  But this is never mentioned. [/b]
THAT is how you brought in the racist angle, IMO - your assertion that the only pertinent fact is that the assilants were black (your words).

bombay: good point.  no, definitely worth noting it happened near a club.  i guess my point was mostly to counter his assertion that "it's in the news, so it must be true".
<sig>

sonickteam2

« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2007, 12:40:00 pm »
i walked from the Verizon Center to the 930 club one sunday night after a Caps game, to go to a show at 930...lemme tell ya, theres some sketchy streets around there.

tigersscareme

« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2007, 12:46:00 pm »
bombay :So you don't think it's of any interest at all that a group of 8 or so girls randomly attacked people about a block from the club? You think it's purely "sensationalism" to mention that they just left 9:30 just moments before this happened?
I do when the city is still up in the air over the possibility of keeping kids out of all-ages shows.
 If the girls had been attacked leaving, say, The Shakespeare Theare, or Wooley Mammoth theatre would that be the lead fact in the story?
 My money is on probably not. The teaser would probably be "Girls attacked by random girl gang in NW DC". Not "Girls attacked by random girl gang after an evening of culture".
 The fact that they have to mention "popular nightclub" in the first 5 words makes the story that much sexier.

eltee

« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2007, 12:47:00 pm »
Originally posted by andyrichter:
  During the assault, police said, the three women cried for help as the mob of female suspects seemed to enjoy the beating as they LOLed.
They really wrote this? zOMG!

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2007, 12:52:00 pm »
"GIRLS ATTACKED AT THE 930 CLUB" Big scary guy with tatoos and piercings not considered a suspect

« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2007, 12:53:00 pm »

Originally posted by Hoya Paranoia:

Three Assaulted Near Popular Club

Fossen described the assailants as black girls
A distillation of the pertinent facts.  This nightclub violence is a black problem, not a youth problem.

The victims were caucasian, the perps were african.  It sounds like a Hate Crime.  But this is never mentioned. [/b]
THAT is how you brought in the racist angle, IMO - your assertion that the only pertinent fact is that the assilants were black (your words).

bombay: good point.  no, definitely worth noting it happened near a club.  i guess my point was mostly to counter his assertion that "it's in the news, so it must be true". [/b]
Guilty as charged.

I stand by my statement.  Nightclub violence is an african, rather than a youth problem.  All the recent incidents back up this assertion.