Author Topic: Just wanted to say...  (Read 2108 times)

valkenswaard

Just wanted to say...
« on: April 21, 2005, 04:57:00 pm »
...that people who hoard tickets to popular shows with the sole intention of putting them up on ebay are real a**holes.

I thought ticket scalping was illegal.  It's amazing that they (Ebay) continue to allow this sort of thing.  It seems to me that posting tickets at $200 for Buy it Now constitutes scalping.  Am I wrong?

Since I'm not willing to pay some jagoff quadruple the ticket face value, I won't be at the garbage show (my favorite band) tonight, but I hope everyone there has a great time, anyway!  

Whew!  I feel much better now!   :)  

Jerry

P.s.  What if Dave Grohl showed up at the show and joined the band for Bad Boyfriend?

Eileen Fitzgerald

Re: Just wanted to say...
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 05:04:00 pm »
Not sure if you're aware of it, but there's a ticket forum here, where people sell tickets at or below face value. I have two tickets posted there for tonight's show and I'm only asking what I paid for them.

I agree that it seems ebay is skirting the scalping laws. I've been looking for reasonable nationals tickets and some are over a $100 each!

jdeweesus

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 05:08:00 pm »
Hey Jerry -

Did you get tix to the HFStival on May 14?  Garbage is playing then.  It's at Ravens Stadium this year.

ggw

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 05:13:00 pm »
Scalping isn't necessarily illegal.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/event-tickets.html

I believe that in DC scalping is only prohibited in public places.

Bags

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2005, 05:13:00 pm »
Originally posted by valkenswaard:
 P.s.  What if Dave Grohl showed up at the show and joined the band for Bad Boyfriend?
I have surely thought of that...I'd say chances are he's in L.A. finishing mixing the album, but who knows.

LRHippo

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2005, 05:14:00 pm »
95% of the time, though it sucks, those eBay auctions are actually legit. There are SOOOO many loopholes in the scalping laws that make it easy for these folks to do it.

Don't get me wrong, I hate it just as much as you do, but there's a market, folks will pay it, and they follow the rules.

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2005, 05:15:00 pm »
Is fisting illegal?

Venerable Bede

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2005, 05:22:00 pm »
Originally posted by SoxFan:
 I agree that it seems ebay is skirting the scalping laws. I've been looking for reasonable nationals tickets and some are over a $100 each!
$7-$10 to sit in the upper deck. . which give you a fine view of the field, in fact, don't even bother with getting 300 section seats, not worth it, stick with 400 or 500. . .you can even walk up and buy them at the gate, without a service charge.
OU812

Sir HC

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2005, 05:31:00 pm »
Originally posted by Dupek Chopra:
  Is fisting illegal?
Felching is.

I am working on a mix CD of songs about fisting, so far I have found 3:

"Fists of Love" Big Black
 "Stinkfist" Tool
 "Let's Fist Again" Phantom Surfers

Anyone have any more suggestions?

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2005, 10:58:00 am »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:

Originally posted by SoxFan:
$7-$10 to sit in the upper deck. . which give you a fine view of the field, in fact, don't even bother with getting 300 section seats, not worth it, stick with 400 or 500. . .you can even walk up and buy them at the gate, without a service charge. [/b]
i agree ... if you're in the 400s you have better seats than most 200/300s because the 400s overhang over those two sections ... i sat up in the 500s yesterday to get out of the rain and the view was fine ... no reason to spend an assload on tix for that stadium
(o|o)

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2005, 11:12:00 am »
Originally posted by Sir HC:
  Felching is.

I am working on a mix CD of songs about fisting, so far I have found 3:

"Fists of Love" Big Black
 "Stinkfist" Tool
 "Let's Fist Again" Phantom Surfers

Anyone have any more suggestions?
I'd rather be fisting.