Author Topic: tears for suede  (Read 2298 times)

markie

tears for suede
« on: April 22, 2005, 12:28:00 am »

TomJaworski

Re: tears for suede
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 12:30:00 pm »
Anything those two come up with has got to be better than that last Suede album. I was glad they broke up after that drivel.

MFR

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 02:31:00 pm »
is anyone reading the britpop book by john harris?  i had no idea suede gave birth to what we all lovingly refer to as "britpop."  and all this time i just thought they were a couple of swingers.  i did, however, figure that damon albarn was a douchebag.

TomJaworski

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 03:02:00 pm »
 i had no idea suede gave birth to what we all lovingly refer to as "britpop."
yep. you should also watch the docu "Live Forever." its worth watching but by no means perfect. glosses over too much and spends too much time talking about politics.

MFR

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2005, 03:39:00 pm »
ahh... i have not seen "live forever," but have seen the definately maybe anniversary doc.  i think anything noel or liam say out loud is worth hearing.  they are easily the most entertaining public speakers of our time.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2005, 04:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by itburns:
  ahh... i have not seen "live forever," but have seen the definately maybe anniversary doc.  i think anything noel or liam say out loud is worth hearing.  they are easily the most entertaining public speakers of our time.
Noel and Liam are very entertaining in live forever. i was a bit bored with damon and thought they focused way too much on massive attack. Didn't quite see how they fit in with the others. And too bad there wasnt more of mr. cocker. still a great film to check out.
HeyLa

MFR

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2005, 04:46:00 pm »
i had the good fortune of seeing pulp @ 930 in 96.  that was a great show.  i'm looking forward to seeing him in the next harry potter movie.  not that i'd go out and see that movie.  harry potter is for kids and i am obviously not a kid.  that would be silly.  get off my back.

TomJaworski

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2005, 12:17:00 pm »
thought they focused way too much on massive attack.  
i don't think they talked enough about massive attack and the triphop scene. they completely glossed over portishead. that was a very important movement in music in the 90s that produced great albums. but, the docu glossed over several bands like supergrass for instance. the only britpop band still surviving and  putting out great records.