Author Topic: 930 Survival Football Pool - 2008  (Read 25676 times)

SPARX

Re: 930 Survival Football Pool - 2008
« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2008, 04:57:00 pm »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:

Originally posted by SPARX:

i even thought about changing that pick this morning, but decided against it.  

[/b]
I was shocked when I noticed we both had the Chargers. The % was like 6. Congrats! Don't spend your half all in one place
     ;)   [/b]
i guess we were both being too cute with our picks this week. .

wish i knew this beforehand (courtesy of tuesday morning quarterback):  Stats of the Week No. 8: Chad Pennington has never lost a start to the San Diego Chargers. [/QB]
It could've been worse for me. I was gonna go with the Eagles but instead went for a game I thought you definitely wouldn't take. Wrong.

Are the Skins for real?

Venerable Bede

« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2008, 05:32:00 pm »
  It could've been worse for me. I was gonna go with the Eagles but instead went for a game I thought you definitely wouldn't take. Wrong.

Are the Skins for real?
i was between san diego and new orleans.  

i suppose i should have taken the easy pick with dallas.  if if's and buts were candy and nuts.....
OU812

SPARX

« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2008, 05:13:00 pm »

Are the Skins for real?
i was between san diego and new orleans.  

i suppose i should have taken the easy pick with dallas.  if if's and buts were candy and nuts..... [/b]
That would've been a sweet victory had you taken the Saints, as I am a die hard Vikings Fan. Still wouldn't have got me out of the SD debacle though.

Smackie, check your PM's

SPARX

« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2008, 01:29:00 pm »

Smackie, check your PM's [/b]
Bump

vansmack

« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2008, 09:06:00 pm »
Now that everyone's been paid (seriously though, sparx, it's time to get a paypal account - you're the only check I've written since March), I recently (re)discovered that my winnings were in my paypal account.  It's like an early Christmas with Monopoly money!  Here's what I've purchased off ebay so far this week with my winnings:

(1) A t-shirt that I won't unveil on the masses until football Sunday. ($11)

(2) A 2GB RAM chip for my Dell Mini 9 ($22)

(3) A Wine Aerator ($25)

(4) An external DVD/CD-RW drive ($30)

(5) Replacement Stylus for smackette's Treo - I was wrongly accused of losing it, but hey ($6)

(6) Wireless Strat for Rock Band ($30)
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2008, 10:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
  Now that everyone's been paid (seriously though, sparx, it's time to get a paypal account - you're the only check I've written since March), I recently (re)discovered that my winnings were in my paypal account.  It's like an early Christmas with Monopoly money!  Here's what I've purchased off ebay so far this week with my winnings:

(1) A t-shirt that I won't unveil on the masses until football Sunday. ($11)

(2) A 2GB RAM chip for my Dell Mini 9 ($22)

(3) A Wine Aerator ($25)

(4) An external DVD/CD-RW drive ($30)

(5) Replacement Stylus for smackette's Treo - I was wrongly accused of losing it, but hey ($6)

(6) Wireless Strat for Rock Band ($30)
my share of the $100-pool winnings was spent on - what else - concert tickets.
<sig>

Venerable Bede

« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2008, 04:03:00 pm »
  Here's what I've purchased off ebay so far this week with my winnings:

(3) A Wine Aerator ($25)

a wine aerator. . .why not just buy a decanter, or even better, plan ahead.     :)
OU812

vansmack

« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2008, 04:24:00 pm »
Well, you know better than anyone on this board, that I own a decanter.  But plan ahead?  Please.  That's what the High Life is for.

If I only use it for the first glass while I decant the rest, it's totally worth it.  You on the other hand, can wait for your first glass Mr. buy a decanter.
27>34

Venerable Bede

« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2008, 05:22:00 pm »
  Well, you know better than anyone on this board, that I own a decanter.  But plan ahead?  Please.  That's what the High Life is for.

If I only use it for the first glass while I decant the rest, it's totally worth it.  You on the other hand, can wait for your first glass Mr. buy a decanter.
went to trefethen whilst you were on your pilgrimage, and they poured one glass of their 01 Cab through an aerator and another glass without- while the aerator certainly opened up the wine on the nose, it seemed to have lost a bit of the body and structure, especially through the finish.  the unaerated one still remained closed on the nose, even with a vigorous amount of swirling, but did maintain a good bit more of the structure.  of course, all of this could have been more a function of the wine itself (it was a rather cold day, so that may have played a role in it as well), rather than the technology being used.  for the same price as their 01 Cab, a better use would be to go to Clos du Val and purchase one of their library Cabs.  

i can't believe i just wrote all of that. . .
OU812

SPARX

« Reply #84 on: November 20, 2008, 05:35:00 pm »
  Now that everyone's been paid (seriously though, sparx, it's time to get a paypal account - you're the only check I've written since March),
Sorry to make you write letters and numbers. The horror! I have no desire to use paypal.

Thanks though for going the extra mile to send my check, I finally got it this past Friday.

I spent it on plywood. My 12 yr. old St. Bernard/German Shepherd mix Maddie loves her new ramp. Those concrete steps were gettin to her.

vansmack

« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2008, 05:17:00 pm »
I have to add that when smackette saw all the packages start arriving from the Monopoly Money fire sale, she got in on the action.

It cost me a case of Cafe Du Monde, Regular blend.

Next time I ship everything to the office.
27>34

ggw

« Reply #86 on: September 01, 2009, 04:32:47 pm »
Bump.

vansmack

« Reply #87 on: September 01, 2009, 04:43:28 pm »
Of course....
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #88 on: September 01, 2009, 04:53:42 pm »
i was wondering when this was going to start, was thinking about it this weekend.

please keep us informed, commish.
<sig>