Author Topic: Decemberists vs Colbert  (Read 1266 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Decemberists vs Colbert
« on: December 21, 2006, 09:03:00 pm »
So is everyone still waiting to watch the Guitar Shred challenge between Chris Funk and Colbert on their Tivos?  As it was one the funniest 30 minutes I've seen in awhile.  Hilarious stuff start to finish, including some great sports show inspired graphics.  Henry Kissenger totally makes the show a classic. "Crank It Up!"  I had no idea Cheap Trick wrote the shows theme song....
T.Rex

Reod Dai

Re: Decemberists vs Colbert
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 04:15:00 am »
Insanely hilarious, one of the best Reports ever.  The special guest stars just kept coming!  And when Stephen got up there with that gigantic five-necked monstrosity, I pretty much completely lost it.  And yeah, Kissenger took the cake.  :)

K8teebug

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 09:54:00 am »
I thought it was funny!  I loved the intro!

Vas Deferens

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2006, 10:07:00 am »
Loved the guests, but come on people, it wasn't that funny...it would have been funnier if he rehearsed and tore up that guitar...
(_|_)

distance

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2006, 11:46:00 am »
Originally posted by Joe M.:
  Loved the guests, but come on people, it wasn't that funny...it would have been funnier if he rehearsed and tore up that guitar...
^^ i agree with this.  i like the show most of the time, but overall it was actually a bit annoying.

i also hate the decemberists.

PigIron

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2006, 11:53:00 am »
Not funny.  I like the show, but this was like watching a guitar clinic, with two not-that-great jokes thrown in, which is not the reason I tune in.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2006, 12:00:00 pm »
I fell asleep while Frampton was playing.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2006, 12:17:00 pm »
Had Colbert taken the time to learn how to shred in say a month or so, the moment would have been long gone.  Besides don't all good conservatives hire lackies to do their dirty work?

I do agree they should have unearthed someone else to do the actual shredding as what Frampton was doing could hardly be call such.  Apparently, the piece he was "jamming" is off his instrumental album.
T.Rex

azaghal1981

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2006, 12:35:00 pm »
Yeah Frampton bored me too. Still, the random/unexpected guests made the show hilarious. Robert Schneider's "objective take," Morley Safer's intro, Henry Kissinger all just had me laughing throughout.
احمد