Author Topic: the conspiracy theory thread  (Read 217796 times)

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
Re: the conspiracy theory thread
« Reply #150 on: January 05, 2011, 08:06:02 pm »
The birds and all the other die-offs are the result of the insanely fucked-up environment.  Not to be a Doomster, but there is really no hope at this point.   Driving a Prius and installing a CFL bulb isn't going to cut it.   It's simply too late.

Biblical prophecy is a giant crock, though.   If you take a bunch of primitive minds from thousands of years ago, and have them ponder the end of the world and think up the scariest shit they could imagine happening,and then write it down, that's what you'd get.
_\|/_

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #151 on: January 05, 2011, 09:16:56 pm »
the bible mentions birds.
the bible describes the end of the world.
birds are dying.
==> IT'S THE APOCALYPSE REPENT SINNERS REPENT!!!
<sig>

walkonby

« Reply #152 on: January 05, 2011, 10:13:49 pm »
the bible mentions birds.
the bible describes the end of the world.
birds are dying.
==> IT'S THE APOCALYPSE REPENT SINNERS REPENT!!!

you forgot something . . .

nkotb

« Reply #153 on: January 05, 2011, 10:30:59 pm »
Man, I thought for sure this post would've been how the birds that originally lived on U Street (y'konw, before it was all safe and gentrified) could totally have survive mass dying.  That or how hardcore totally isn't nearly as awesome as hardcore from 40 years ago.

The birds and all the other die-offs are the result of the insanely fucked-up environment.  Not to be a Doomster, but there is really no hope at this point.   Driving a Prius and installing a CFL bulb isn't going to cut it.   It's simply too late.

Biblical prophecy is a giant crock, though.   If you take a bunch of primitive minds from thousands of years ago, and have them ponder the end of the world and think up the scariest shit they could imagine happening,and then write it down, that's what you'd get.

ggw

« Reply #154 on: January 06, 2011, 01:18:06 pm »
If you are not worried about the recent explosion in mass deaths of animal in "isolated" locations, you may be after seeing this map presenting the pan-global graveyeard of inexplicable mass deaths, which far from isolated, are literally taking the world by storm. Did the Mayans forget to carry the zero?

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=201817256339889828327.0004991bca25af104a22b

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #155 on: January 06, 2011, 01:27:12 pm »
^ I was looking at this map last night. Helps you to see potential geographic trends.

Then there was the massive crab feast with sides of starfish and lobsters in the UK.

Can't forget all those poor bees dying off all over the planet. This is only one of the locations. It's been going on worldwide for several years now.

Now if we could only find a way to off all those nasty rats, roaches and bedbugs!!! They all seem to be very resilient.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 01:36:20 pm by Jaguar »

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #156 on: January 06, 2011, 01:45:40 pm »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #157 on: January 06, 2011, 03:17:05 pm »
as much fun as it is to spin a conspiracy story, all the fish and ocean-related articles i've read (and several land-bird ones as well) have put forth either poison or changing weather patterns as the cause.  but not all land birds can be explained so there's still hope for a nepharious government/corporate/military plan there.

i'm with dr. doom on this one: on the whole, the mass kills are symptoms of one very fucked up planet.  classic tipping points.  you add one more straw - a cold snap, el nina, a toxin that usually wouldn't much affect a healthy population - and crack goes the camel's back. 

i feel that all the talk of "aliens did it and the government is covering it up!!" diminishes the importance of what is a really scary development.  this isn't a joke.
<sig>

Jaguar

« Reply #158 on: January 06, 2011, 03:41:02 pm »
As one who studies UFOlogy, I'm not really seeing or hearing much in the way of blaming the aliens for these. For the most part, most are pretty much in line with the reasons you've stated above. Except for all those pulverized birds. That one has an extra level of oddness... and there is no way that lightning, hail or fireworks were the cause as the media liars are trying to have us believe.

walkonby

« Reply #159 on: January 06, 2011, 04:15:01 pm »
maybe this is revenge for that horrible angrybirds game. 

and i like how sweetcell thinks that his theories are correct and anybody else is wrong and thinks, acts like this a joke.  like downloading.

Jaguar

« Reply #160 on: January 06, 2011, 04:29:42 pm »
Uh, oh.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #161 on: January 06, 2011, 05:50:01 pm »
As one who studies UFOlogy, I'm not really seeing or hearing much in the way of blaming the aliens for these.

this site claims that members of MUFON have been given guidance to investigators on how UFOs might be involved in the bird deaths, but there isn't anything official on MUFON's website.  otherwise i've mostly seen mention of "other people's theories" that include aliens.  for example, the guardian wrote "The lack of apparent detail for the reasons behind this avian and aquatic carnage has generated countless theories, ranging from the changing of the earth?s magnetic poles to, a governmental plot and, naturally, aliens."  so someone out there is putting forth a connection, although probably not a credible one.

Except for all those pulverized birds. That one has an extra level of oddness... and there is no way that lightning, hail or fireworks were the cause as the media liars are trying to have us believe.

yeah, those still need explanation.  "the birds panicked and hit each other, causing all that internal damage" doesn't make sense.

maybe this is revenge for that horrible angrybirds game. 

lol.  best comment yet ;D

and i like how sweetcell thinks that his theories are correct and anybody else is wrong and thinks, acts like this a joke. 

addmittedly, having science on one's side puts them in an awkward position... this call for a pot of tea (and a shave).

maybe my use of "joke" was too strong.  i think "irresponsible escapism" is more like it. 
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #162 on: January 06, 2011, 05:50:37 pm »
Uh, oh.

no worries.  i don't attack unarmed people, i don't steal candy from babies, and i won't argue with walkonby about anything with a logical explanation.
<sig>

walkonby

« Reply #163 on: January 06, 2011, 05:54:14 pm »
Uh, oh.

no worries.  i don't attack unarmed people, i don't steal candy from babies, and i won't argue with walkonby about anything with a logical explanation.

you make me feel . . . like a natural woman.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #164 on: January 06, 2011, 06:25:49 pm »

maybe my use of "joke" was too strong.  i think "irresponsible escapism" is more like it. 
I'll buy this, because no matter what [global rape, most likely] it is very scary stuff.
‼‼?‼‼