Author Topic: iphone  (Read 377815 times)

HoyaSaxa03

Re: iphone
« Reply #870 on: October 28, 2011, 12:53:20 pm »
(o|o)

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #871 on: October 30, 2011, 07:19:21 pm »
I think he might mean it *feels* cheap -- the screen is plastic unlike the Iphone's glass, right?   
_\|/_

vansmack

« Reply #872 on: November 01, 2011, 01:56:50 pm »
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #873 on: November 01, 2011, 03:09:18 pm »
if anyone is considering the GSII, you can get it for $99 on amazon (vs. $199 from a Sprint store) with a new contract. try this link, or go to wireless.amazon.com and search for "Samsung Epic Touch 4G Android Phone (Sprint)".  other carriers might be offering similar deals on Amazon Wireless, i haven't checked.
<sig>

slappy

« Reply #874 on: November 09, 2011, 01:06:22 pm »
Adobe's Initial Response

He was a lot nicer than I was....

(1) "I find it amusing, honestly. Flash is an open specification,"   "for every one of these accusations made there is proprietary lock-in" that prevents Adobe from innovating. [Presumably from the OS]

(2,5,6)  "really a smokescreen" / "When you resort to licensing language" to restrict this sort of development, he says, it has "nothing to do with technology."

(3)  Crashes hvae something "to do with the Apple operating system."

(4) Patently False.

(5,6)  "It doesn't benefit Apple, and that's why you see this reaction,"

"We have different views of the world," Mr. Narayen says. "Our view of the world is multi-platform."  To conclude, Mr. Narayen says he's for "letting customers decide," but that the multi-platform world will "eventually prevail."

Adobe's Thought About It For A Few Months Response
Adobe confirms Flash Player is dead for mobile devices

vansmack

« Reply #875 on: November 09, 2011, 01:53:54 pm »
Adobe's Thought About It For A Few Months Response
Adobe confirms Flash Player is dead for mobile devices

No surprise here.  HTML5 was always going to be the future - even back when Google invested heavy in it in 2009 and built Chrome around it.

But Flash will be around for a few more years because it's so intertwined in today's web.  And Android users will get to enjoy both Flash video and HTML5, as they have for the past 2 years, for the next few years going forward.
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #876 on: November 15, 2011, 07:48:09 pm »
after weeks of battling my company's telecomm support, I AM VICTORIOUS: a Galaxy S II is being shipped to me, should be here in a few days.  best of all it was free!  i had the choice between an iPhone 4S 16gb and the Galaxy, i went android.  only downside: i was herded into the AT&T corral - it's the one price i did have to pay, looks like they're trying to move all staff to them.  i'll have 30 days to try it out, if it's unbearable it'll be back to the drawing board...
<sig>

godsshoeshine

« Reply #877 on: November 15, 2011, 09:26:28 pm »
i wish i could battle my telecomm support department and end up anything but a blackberry
o/\o

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #878 on: November 15, 2011, 09:57:35 pm »
any chance you work for a publicly listed company?  or gov't?  from an efficiency standpoint, it certainly makes a lot more sense to stick to one platform.  if they're all set up for BB, it's expensive to change.

my company is a privatey-held partnership, so when the partners - the folks who own the company - decide that they want something, IT is on the hook to make it happen.  a year ago the partners decided that they wanted ipads, iphones and androids.  6 months later, IT rolled 'em out.  the advantages of not having stockholders to report to.  yeehaw.
<sig>

godsshoeshine

« Reply #879 on: November 15, 2011, 11:05:38 pm »
yeah publicly held for the time being. but that doesn't make my blackberry not-awful. or prevent me from being the crazy person with two cell phones
o/\o

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #882 on: December 12, 2011, 03:44:17 pm »
any guesses from the assembled technorati on an iphone 5 release date?  getting my wife an iphone eventually, but I try to buy gadgets on the early side of product life cycles, and the 4S seems like lipstick on an old pig at this point.
(o|o)

vansmack

« Reply #883 on: December 12, 2011, 06:23:33 pm »
any guesses from the assembled technorati on an iphone 5 release date?  getting my wife an iphone eventually, but I try to buy gadgets on the early side of product life cycles, and the 4S seems like lipstick on an old pig at this point.

Summer 2012.

March will likely bring the world a new iPad.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #884 on: December 12, 2011, 09:10:15 pm »
pretty sure no one is ever going to put out a new phone
o/\o