Author Topic: iphone  (Read 378033 times)

vansmack

Re: iphone
« Reply #585 on: June 01, 2010, 03:43:16 pm »
What, an iphone?  If so, don't get one now wait a few weeks til the new ones come out.  If not an iphone, never mind.

I beat you by a mere 56 seconds.

Anyhow, what Chaz said....
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #586 on: June 01, 2010, 04:38:33 pm »
If not an iphone, never mind.

I've had an EVO for a few days now and while I think it's the sickest, fastest phone I've ever had, I don't think it's very practical.  When I'm in my suit, it fits nicely in my jacket pocket, but for going out after work, it's just awful for jeans and a t-shirt.  It really is a big phone and the screen is marvelous, but I don't see me picking one up when my beta trial is over.  Smackette will have one because she carries a purse, but I think I prefer the Incredible's form factor over the EVO's form factor.  Sometimes, bigger isn't better.  The snapdragon processor however, really makes HTC's SenseUI stand out as the Android phone to own over the Nexus One.

You should be able to see for yourselves as the demo units rolled out at Best Buy this past weekend.  Definitely worth a look.
27>34

Ardamus

• Ardamus
« Reply #587 on: June 01, 2010, 06:51:18 pm »
Damn, y'all killing me. I'm gonna need one to record with later on. Ever since I found about that 4-track app for the iPhone you can record with, I've been all about that. I just need something basic for the time being.

vansmack

« Reply #588 on: June 07, 2010, 04:22:39 pm »
June 24 for the new one at $200.

Old one is going down to $99.

Getting out of your contract for the EVO, priceless.
27>34

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #589 on: June 07, 2010, 04:59:33 pm »

You're not jumping ship to the iphone are you?

edit:  never  mind read this again you're going to the evo i guess.  a coworker got one last week, it's pretty sweet, but a little big.  i prefer the form factor of the incredible.  no 4g though.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 05:01:55 pm by chaz »

vansmack

« Reply #590 on: June 07, 2010, 05:44:45 pm »
You're not jumping ship to the iphone are you?

edit:  never  mind read this again you're going to the evo i guess.  a coworker got one last week, it's pretty sweet, but a little big.  i prefer the form factor of the incredible.  no 4g though.

Actually, I am taking an iPhone to Europe because at&t's Android phones are crap and the only GSM phones I have access to are at&t.

When I get back, Smackette will have the EVO as I too am waiting for a form factor similar to the Icredible to come out on Sprint (with the snapdragon processor).  I loved the phone and it defintely had the wow factor, but you're absolutely right that it's form factor is not right for everyday use, especially outside of work.  It just isn't a jeans and t-shirt phone.

I might also be in line for a WinMo7 Dev phone, so it could be worth the wait.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 05:47:02 pm by vansmack »
27>34

Ardamus

• Ardamus
« Reply #591 on: June 08, 2010, 04:01:41 pm »

saw that, too. damn i might just have to reserve mine then.

Cali

« Reply #592 on: June 09, 2010, 08:44:48 pm »
looks like att no longer offers unlimited data plans for new customers. i was thinking of upgrading once my contract is up but will have to rethink that if i cant have unlimited data. sprint is looking better and better

new data plans:
200mb - $15 mo
2gb - $25 mo
unlimited wi-fi
tethering - $20 mo
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 08:57:41 pm by Cali »

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #593 on: June 10, 2010, 12:06:17 am »
looks like att no longer offers unlimited data plans for new customers. i was thinking of upgrading once my contract is up but will have to rethink that if i cant have unlimited data. sprint is looking better and better

new data plans:
200mb - $15 mo
2gb - $25 mo
unlimited wi-fi
tethering - $20 mo

Unless you're watching a ton of youtube, you might be surprised at how much data that really is. I thought I used a lot but it turns out I'm typically using just under 100MB per month. Granted there's wifi all over my campus, so I'm usually not on the cell network. I'm going to experiment by using internet radio during my commute for a few days just to see how much it really takes.
😐 🎶

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #594 on: June 10, 2010, 07:30:21 am »
I've had an EVO for a few days now and while I think it's the sickest, fastest phone I've ever had, I don't think it's very practical.  When I'm in my suit, it fits nicely in my jacket pocket, but for going out after work, it's just awful for jeans and a t-shirt.  It really is a big phone and the screen is marvelous, but I don't see me picking one up when my beta trial is over.  Smackette will have one because she carries a purse, but I think I prefer the Incredible's form factor over the EVO's form factor.  Sometimes, bigger isn't better.  The snapdragon processor however, really makes HTC's SenseUI stand out as the Android phone to own over the Nexus One.

Have you considered a man purse?
_\|/_

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #595 on: June 10, 2010, 09:16:59 am »
"it's a carry-all."

(smackie: notice how it would match your belt...)
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #596 on: June 10, 2010, 11:37:00 am »
Well, I am leaving for Europe in 4 hours and they have come to expect fanny packs from Americans...

Smackette loves her EVO and while I have processor envy, I don't miss the size.
27>34

Cali

« Reply #597 on: June 10, 2010, 04:07:37 pm »
have any of you used or tested the smartphones from tmobile? do they have anything that compares to the iphone or evo

what do you think of the nokia n8

vansmack

« Reply #598 on: June 18, 2010, 05:58:18 pm »
have any of you used or tested the smartphones from tmobile? do they have anything that compares to the iphone or evo

what do you think of the nokia n8

T-mobile's closest phone to the iPhone or the EVO is the HD2.  Same form factor as the EVO, BUT and this is a huge BUT, it runs winmo 6.5 and there are no guarantees it is upgradable to winmo7 in the fall.  I would hold off on upgrading any tmobile phone right now.

The Nokia N8, however, is a great phone - did I miss it's release in America?
27>34

Cali

« Reply #599 on: June 19, 2010, 09:19:43 pm »
you didn't miss it. comes out later this year.

i like the hd2 but sprint is cheaper so i'll be going there at some point. well, once i decide if i want android or winmo