Author Topic: iphone  (Read 377939 times)

wml7

Re: iphone
« Reply #840 on: October 15, 2011, 02:14:32 pm »
Ok, so which of you nut bags got the new iPhone??  How is it and what network you guys on?  I'm still debating if I'm going to plunge in and get it.  I found out with my plan I can get it for unlimited everything for $50 a month with Sprint.  I'll have to see some more reviews before I do anything  ;D

Vas Deferens

« Reply #841 on: October 15, 2011, 03:16:29 pm »
I went with the LG optimus V with virgin mobile...great phone....and $35 a month for unlimited texting/data/web....
(_|_)

RustyOrgan

« Reply #842 on: October 15, 2011, 11:29:01 pm »
I picked up the 4S on Friday and it is awesome!!  This is my first iPhone, however, so I'm sure I'm more enthusiastic than someone upgrading from the 4. But yeah.  Fantastic.  I love apple. Fuck Android.  Long live Steve Jobs!!

stevewizzle

« Reply #843 on: October 16, 2011, 06:12:50 pm »
pre-ordered 10/7 at 10am at an AT&T store - still w/o the 4s phone.  AT&T preorders couldn't even cancel theirs, even when there were iphone's still available at the store.  pretty weak sauce.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #844 on: October 17, 2011, 10:21:17 am »
I picked up the 4S on Friday and it is awesome!!  This is my first iPhone, however, so I'm sure I'm more enthusiastic than someone upgrading from the 4. But yeah.  Fantastic.  I love apple. Fuck Android.  Long live Steve Jobs!!

Too late...he's dead.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #845 on: October 17, 2011, 01:03:47 pm »
stepped into a sprint store yesterday and checked out the Epic 4G Touch (AKA Galaxy S II).  gawdaym that's a nice piece of hardware.  the screen is amazing, and its big size will help with the work apps i need to run on it.  only downside is the size of the thing: big screen means big phone.  not sure how well it will fit in a pocket.  when the missus saw the thing, she joked that it was the half-way point between an iphone and a tablet ;D

unless anything else magically appears in the coming weeks, this will likely be my next phone.
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #846 on: October 17, 2011, 01:39:58 pm »
unless anything else magically appears in the coming weeks, this will likely be my next phone.

Hold off until tomorrow night as Google has rescheduled their event for tomorrow night (well, technically Wednesday in Hong Kong).  We will learn a lot more about the new OS (Ice Cream Sandwich), the new Nexus phone (Galaxy Nexus or Nexus Prime) and most importantly, release dates for each of these!  I probably won't sleep until then...
27>34

hutch

« Reply #847 on: October 17, 2011, 01:58:20 pm »
$50 a month for iphone unlimited everything? where?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #848 on: October 17, 2011, 02:47:19 pm »
any ideas on what new features will the nexus and nexus prime will be bringing over the S-II?
<sig>

wml7

« Reply #849 on: October 17, 2011, 02:48:19 pm »

It's with Sprint called the Sero Premium plan.  You have to have it awhile ago.   Right now they don't offer it anymore so if you were in there before you are golden  ;D  Still not sure if I'm going to get the iPhone yet as I'm hearing all these horror stories with the slow data.  Right now I'm still on the 30 dollar Sero but if I move up to iPhone it's 50 dollars  ;D

hutch

« Reply #850 on: October 17, 2011, 03:31:56 pm »

It's with Sprint called the Sero Premium plan.  You have to have it awhile ago.   Right now they don't offer it anymore so if you were in there before you are golden  ;D  Still not sure if I'm going to get the iPhone yet as I'm hearing all these horror stories with the slow data.  Right now I'm still on the 30 dollar Sero but if I move up to iPhone it's 50 dollars  ;D

i'm on sprint but never heard of this sero

vansmack

« Reply #851 on: October 17, 2011, 03:39:32 pm »

It's closed now so don't worry about it.  It was the Sprint Employee Referral Offer and offered huge plan discounts if you were willing to wait a little while for new phones.  Many people are still grandfathered in (like wml7) and continue to enjoy the benefits.

It's been replaced by this:

http://delivery.sprint.com/m/p/nxt/epc/epclanding.asp
27>34

hutch

« Reply #852 on: October 17, 2011, 03:43:52 pm »

It's closed now so don't worry about it.  It was the Sprint Employee Referral Offer and offered huge plan discounts if you were willing to wait a little while for new phones.  Many people are still grandfathered in (like wml7) and continue to enjoy the benefits.

It's been replaced by this:

http://delivery.sprint.com/m/p/nxt/epc/epclanding.asp

lovely..

guess its not good enough to be a paying customer since 2002..

fuckers.

wml7

« Reply #853 on: October 17, 2011, 03:47:57 pm »
Yeah, those fuckers!!  ;D

Vas Deferens

« Reply #854 on: October 17, 2011, 03:51:24 pm »

so the iphone, ipod and ipad are all made in China?
(_|_)