Author Topic: Tool ticket auction - waddaya think?  (Read 1393 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Tool ticket auction - waddaya think?
« on: September 13, 2006, 11:32:00 am »
if you didn't get tickets to the Sept 30 Tool concert at verizon center, ticketmaster* is giving you a second chance to be raped: the best tickets, which they didn't release during the regular sale, are up for auction  here.  

best tickets were $55 during regular onsale, auction bids start at $70 (methinks the closing minimum price will be higher, 70 might not get you a ticket).

any opinions about this new tactic ticketmaster has come up with?  stops scalpers... by becoming the scalper, in a way.  capitalism rules.

* edited for nkotb  :)
<sig>

nkotb

Re: Tool ticket auction - waddaya think?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 11:36:00 am »
Personally, if the money (or a higher percentage of the money) goes to the band rather than a scalper, I'm alright with it.  But if it's just more cash in Ticketmaster's hand, then no dice.

Originally posted by sweetcell:
  if you didn't get tickets to the Sept 30 Tool concert at verizon center, ticketbastard is giving you a second chance to be raped: the best tickets, which they didn't release during the regular sale, are up for auction  here.  

best tickets were $55 during regular onsale, auction bids start at $70 (methinks the closing minimum price will be higher, 70 might not get you a ticket).

any opinions about this new tactic ticketmaster has come up with?  stops scalpers... by becoming the scalper, in a way.  capitalism rules.

Relaxer

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 11:53:00 am »
I've read several reviews of this tour saying the shows have been very disappointing, compared to previous tours.
oword

Vas Deferens

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 11:56:00 am »
Originally posted by Relaxer:
  I've read several reviews of this tour saying the shows have been very disappointing, compared to previous tours.
I heard (from a friend) that you couldn't hear the vocals because the music was too loud. Yes, he was disappointed with the show.
(_|_)

Guiny

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 01:21:00 pm »
Luckily, I have not seen any other shows, so I should not be disappointed with this one since I have no others to compare it to.   ;)

sonickteam2

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 01:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by Buck Satan:
  Luckily, I have not seen any other shows, so I should not be disappointed with this one since I have no others to compare it to.    ;)  
where the hell have you been for the last 14 years?????

Guiny

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2006, 02:08:00 pm »
Originally posted by le sonick:

Originally posted by Buck Satan:
  Luckily, I have not seen any other shows, so I should not be disappointed with this one since I have no others to compare it to.     ;)  
where the hell have you been for the last 14 years????? [/b]
Sorry, I should have said no other TOOL shows.

walkonby

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2006, 02:31:00 pm »
tool is a tool of the tool not to be tooled with.