Author Topic: Coachella '07 - post confirmed acts here  (Read 22504 times)

Bombay Chutney

Re: Coachella '07 - post confirmed acts here
« Reply #120 on: April 11, 2007, 04:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by bnyced0:
   Can't imagine ever needing pants though
:eek:

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #121 on: April 11, 2007, 04:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by xneverwherex:
  Just got this today and thought I'd share it for those going.
any idea where these buses will be leaving from?  somewhere in LA?  near indio?  other?
<sig>

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #122 on: April 11, 2007, 05:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:

Just got this today and thought I'd share it for those going.
any idea where these buses will be leaving from?  somewhere in LA?  near indio?  other? [/b]
uhhh it says that its 'SECRET' and you will be told day of. my guess is the buses are leaving from indio, but it says all over. as its part of coachella (filter is in LA), the buses should be leaving from all over the area. but hell if i know. im just sharing it all  :)  

hell id rsvp just for the sake of it  :)  filter typically has some great shows that it promotes.
HeyLa

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #123 on: April 11, 2007, 05:33:00 pm »
  hell id rsvp just for the sake of it    :)    filter typically has some great shows that it promotes.
yeah, that's what i'm going to do anyways   :)    any thoughts on who i should put down as "the person who invited me"?  zakk de la rocha?
<sig>

bnyced0

« Reply #124 on: April 11, 2007, 05:39:00 pm »

hell id rsvp just for the sake of it      :)      filter typically has some great shows that it promotes.
yeah, that's what i'm going to do anyways     :)      any thoughts on who i should put down as "the person who invited me"?  zakk de la rocha? [/b]
I went last year, it's sort of like the same thing they do at Cedar Street during SXSW, the buses left the Marriott in Indian Wells but they may change.  There is free booze, but like Austin if you're not there early you're shit out of luck...except they have a pay bar standing by in case you don't want the free stuff and/or after it's gone. I can't remember who played, but it was worth it if you're already there but I wouldn't go early for it.  Depending on your stamina I'd be leary flying all the way from here, going all out on Thursday and still having 3 days/nights of festival...I know I'm starting to sound old, but I suppose that's because I am.

If you didn't receive the original email from Filter then you put down who forwarded it to you if they did.  If you're more than 2 people removed, no clue.

azaghal1981

« Reply #125 on: April 11, 2007, 06:17:00 pm »
Assuming you just put down  "no affiliation" if you don't have any.

Would this be worth trying to make if you're getting into longbeach at around 8:30 PM and going out to the festival site that night?
احمد

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #126 on: April 11, 2007, 09:24:00 pm »

hell id rsvp just for the sake of it     :)     filter typically has some great shows that it promotes.
yeah, that's what i'm going to do anyways    :)     any thoughts on who i should put down as "the person who invited me"?  zakk de la rocha? [/b]
you can use my email. i subscribe to filter too, so theyd have me in files/lists/ whatever.
 xneverwherex@yahoo.com - if you need my 'real' name, oh wait i think you have it. but anyone is free to use my email addy as a referral  :)
HeyLa

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #127 on: April 11, 2007, 09:27:00 pm »

hell id rsvp just for the sake of it     :)     filter typically has some great shows that it promotes.
yeah, that's what i'm going to do anyways    :)     any thoughts on who i should put down as "the person who invited me"?  zakk de la rocha? [/b]
hey - delete some pms so i can send you one  :)
HeyLa

bnyced0

« Reply #128 on: April 12, 2007, 08:32:00 am »
Originally posted by azaghal1981:
  Assuming you just put down  "no affiliation" if you don't have any.

Would this be worth trying to make if you're getting into longbeach at around 8:30 PM and going out to the festival site that night?
It'll be tight, if you're not landing til 8:30 between getting luggage, car, and on your way to Indio, and check in to your hotel, it would be a miracle if you could make it before the busses stop running out to the fest at 11. You're at least a 120 miles from Indio when you fly into LGB, so that's a couple of hours alone.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #129 on: April 21, 2007, 01:30:00 am »
Partial set times for Friday 4/27

Main Stage
 6:30PM Arctic Monkeys
 7:45PM Jesus & MC
 9:30PM Interpol
 10:45PM Bjork

Side Stage
 8:40PM Jarvis Cocker
 9:50PM Sonic Youth
 11PM El-P

Dance Tent
 8:30PM Benny Benassi
 9:45PM Faithless
 10:30PM Evil Nine

Mojave Tent

7:15PM-8:05PM Rufus Wainwright
 8:35PM Peeping Tom
 9:40PM Circa Survive
 11PM GoGol Bordello
(_|_)

azaghal1981

« Reply #130 on: April 21, 2007, 01:51:00 am »
I can do JAMC>Sonic Youth>Bjork with no conflicts. Awesome.
احمد

bearman🐻

« Reply #131 on: April 21, 2007, 09:26:00 am »
God, that is what can suck about Coachella...Sonic Youth would win out, but I would still love to see Interpol. Am shocked that Interpol are playing after JAMC though.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #132 on: April 21, 2007, 12:02:00 pm »
azaghal, only issue for me would be missing gogol bordello... while bjork might be a good show, several thousand people freaking out to gypsy punk is a guaranteed good time   :)    i hope the mojave tent isn't too far from the main stage, so i can catch half of each without losing too much time in between.

joe, where did you get this set-time info?  it's not on the main coachella site.
<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #133 on: April 21, 2007, 12:19:00 pm »
Yeah that is a good point. And I've never seen Gogol Bordello. I'll try to catch some of their set if it's close enough.
احمد

Vas Deferens

« Reply #134 on: April 21, 2007, 12:25:00 pm »
Actually it's an unofficial one. I got it from:
 http://catdirtsez.blogspot.com/

but, the schedule doesn't sound right...
(_|_)