Author Topic: Coachella '07 - post confirmed acts here  (Read 22508 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Coachella '07 - post confirmed acts here
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2007, 03:21:00 pm »
fly in to either ontario (cheap but still relatively close) or palm springs (very close but about $100 more, from what i've seen).  LAX, SD and orange county = too much extra travel time vs. cost.

no shade in camping area?  bring yer own!  buy one of those shade tents/gazebo/canopy  thingies.
<sig>

sonickteam2

« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2007, 03:25:00 pm »
keep in mind, sweetcell, you get like a 10'x10' area to camp in at Coachella.  and everyone is butted right up against one another. this area doesnt include your car (you park that out in the lot) but its still not too much room for any kind of big ass tent/gazebo/awning thingy.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2007, 03:40:00 pm »
sonick, thanks for the reminder.  i read that but forgot to mention it. the tent/awning thingy i was looking at was 8'x8'.  most of them are 10x10 so they should just fit.
<sig>

jb1677

« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2007, 04:16:00 pm »
Regarding flights, we have always flown SouthWest to LAX from BWI for ~100 per person one way / 200 per person round trip.  This is for a direct flight.  This is generally cheaper than flying into Palm Springs or Ontario and you dont have to worry about layovers or xfers.

You will need to find a ride or rent a car either way.

Jason

ayates

« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2007, 08:57:00 am »
Also keep in mind that this poster has already changed since originally being posted and is bound to change multiple times before the festival takes place.  For example, Madonna, Daft Punk, and Kanye (who isn't on the poster) were all added to last year's festival late.

In 2004, Beck was a late addition and never was added to the poster but still played a set.

I'm just saying...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2007, 02:19:00 pm »
just bought my 3-day pass: $287.50, including all fees...*sigh*

luckily i got very cheap airfare into ontario.  but with hotel, car rental, food and incidentals, this vacation will clock at just over a grand.  good thing i don't do this too often!
<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2007, 03:05:00 pm »
Think those 3-day passes will last long? I'm the worst ever when it comes to calling shit like this. I got mine during the pre-sale and it looks like I saved around $65. The friend I'm going with still hasn't gotten hers, though.
احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2007, 03:39:00 pm »
heh, congrats on grabing a pass during the presale.  it was the line-up that pushed me on to the bandwagon, so getting a pre-announcement ticket just wasn't on my mind.  look at this way: you get an extra 8 beers   :)  

how long will they last?  i wouldn't bet on too long, definitely will sell out.  the one-day passes for sunday (RATM) sold out instantly, i've been reading rumblings that folks are buying 3-day passes just for sunday access.  unless your friend has a good reason not to (i.e. doesn't have money at the moment), i'd strongly encourage her to grab one asap.  if she's committed to going, why wait?  why risk it?  

if i had to *guess* a sell-out date, i'd give it a week.  pure speculation.

maybe we should have a forum party at coachella... met up at the beer tent an hour before the sparklehorse set  :)
<sig>

sonickteam2

« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2007, 09:26:00 pm »
i'm having my own forum party in Baltimore at the Sparklehorse show on March 1st.  :)

Vas Deferens

« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2007, 09:32:00 pm »
How weird, I am listening to Sparklehorse right now (new album). The last time I saw them was 1999?! I guess they don't like to tour...
(_|_)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2007, 09:55:00 pm »
sonick - if it wasn't a thursday, i'd definitely trek up... ugh, must be strong, resist temptation...
<sig>

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2007, 10:22:00 pm »
If I wasn't going to the Cat's Cradle Sparklehorse show the next night, I'd be at that "forum" party.

sonickteam2

« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2007, 02:01:00 pm »
just bought my 3-day pass: $287.50, including all fees...*sigh*  
oh, i see, so you are skipping the Hip show to go out and party in Calfornia???

not very canadian of you, sir!   :p

Chulahoma

« Reply #88 on: January 29, 2007, 03:16:00 pm »
i just picked up my 3-day pass.  what websites do you all recommend for airlines? i was thinking about booking a flight through orbitz.com, but thought that someone else might have a better option to check out. thanks in advance!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2007, 03:31:00 pm »
sonick - oh shit, i didnt even notice that.  DAMN.  between that and the muse show, it's taken my excitement down a notch.

ok, it's passed  :)   anyone need 2 tickets to the tragically hip show at the 930?!?  at cost... PM me.

bizou: we got our airfare on delta.com, flying in to ontario, for $240.  if that and orbitz don't work for ya, try travelocity.com and sidestep.com.  oh, wait, i forgot: the geekiest cheap-flight-finding site evah: http://matrix.itasoftware.com/cvg/dispatch/prego/calendar = rules
<sig>