Author Topic: Lukas Rossi was the winner, was everybody happy with tha  (Read 2646 times)

walkonby

Re: Lukas Rossi was the winner, was everybody happy with tha
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006, 05:08:00 pm »
whatever happened to that other band called supernova that was suppose to be sueing them for stealing the name?

palahniukkubrick

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2006, 05:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by walkonby:
  whatever happened to that other band called supernova that was suppose to be sueing them for stealing the name?
the suit is still in effect.

I wish that other chick had won. Not the pink haired British one but the foxy one Tommy Lee kept hitting on. She was better than the others.

walkonby

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2006, 05:44:00 pm »
Originally posted by you be pickup:

Originally posted by walkonby:
the suit is still in effect.

I wish that other chick had won. Not the pink haired British one but the foxy one Tommy Lee kept hitting on. She was better than the others. [/b]
rumour has it that tommie hep c hit on anything that moved during the show.  keith richards and him need to do battle:  the ugliest man in rock music.

Mobius

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2006, 06:36:00 pm »
The real winner is rock and roll.  And America.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2006, 09:07:00 am »
I can't believe I watched the show...but I did.  I really didn't care who won, because after all, is there anyone that is really going to like supernova for their music? doubt it.  And i'm a bit baffled by the fact that Jason is in it.  Tommy and gibby i can  understand, but i thought jason had more 'cred' than that, heh.  

anyway, lukas had the image they were going for, i was sure of it since day 1.  but he probably had the worst voice there.  but since when does that matter in rock and roll?

anyway, i have that fucking aussie guy song stuck in my head now - "uh o uh o uh o uhoooo"

nkotb

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2006, 09:18:00 am »
Not only did I laugh out loud when I first read this quote yesterday, but I did again this morning.  Man, that's what I needed this morning.

Originally posted by Mobius:

sonickteam2

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2006, 09:50:00 am »
Originally posted by nkotb:
  Not only did I laugh out loud when I first read this quote yesterday, but I did again this morning.  Man, that's what I needed this morning.

Originally posted by Mobius:
[/b]
i second that.  great line.

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2006, 10:00:00 am »
I thought the only interesting act was the Puerto Rican chick, Zayra. The rest really sucked hard. And yes, I have that awful Aussies song stuck in my head too.

Dilana was horrible. Storm was horrible. They were all horrible except Zayra, who at least had a bit of a punk rock spirit about her.

dlcjr1775

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2006, 03:45:00 am »
I really didn't care who won, but I kept watching despite myself. I grew to hate Dilana, mostly because everyone loved her. Man, is she ugly. Ryan Stahr was the most entertaining to watch. Lucas' stagger-dance moves on stage made me want to punch him in the face. The best single performance was Toby's "Burning down the house", with Ryan Stahr's "Clocks" a close second. In closing, Supernova will almost assuredly suck eggs, but it was fun getting there. What will they do next season?

saco

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2006, 09:35:00 am »
From Bill Simmons...

1. You have to love any show where people get voted off and say final words like, "it was an honor being here, I grew up idolizing you guys, you're all legends" ... and the legends are Tommy Lee, Gilby Clarke and the dude with weird ears from Metallica.

2. Not only did the winner (Lucas) go from cooking chicken wings at Hooters to headlining a band of washed-up rock stars, but his original song "Head Spin" sounded like one of those haunting, Cure-like, romance-gone-bad tunes ... well, until he revealed that the song was actually about his mother. I'm telling you, stuff like this happened every week on "Rock Star."

3. The girl who should have won and didn't -- Dilana -- may or may not have been a dude. We'll never know. And frankly, I'm fine with that.

4. There wasn't a more mesmerizing summer TV presence than Storm Large (not a stage name, she claimed), who looked like the cute sister from Heart crossed with Jennie Finch, only with Mark Madsen's personality from every 2003 Lakers game thrown in. If she ever reproduced with Dane Cook, their kid would just stomp around holding its arms in the air, screaming "yeahhhhhhhh!" and making weird hand gestures until its head exploded. I am not prepared to live life without her. Couldn't she replace Elisabeth Hasselbeck on "The View"? I want to see Storm show off her pelvis tattoo to the girls, followed by Barbara Walters keeling over and falling to the ground.

5. Tommy Lee can't be calibrated on the Unintentional Comedy Scale anymore. It's impossible. Every time he decided to sit in on a performance and play drums, I couldn't handle it and had to leave the room. I'm not kidding. Watching him reminds me of being tickled as a kid, then the tickling going on for about 15 seconds too long, until you almost feel like you're going to throw up if it doesn't stop. That's Tommy Lee drumming for me. I can't handle it.

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2006, 10:47:00 am »
I'm not sure what the fascination with Storm Large was all about. Half the time, I confused her for Kid Rock.

Most of the time, it seemed like she was performing in a Broadway musical about being a rock and roller, rather than being an actual musician.

And you gotta lover her "feminist anthem" that was her original song. If she were truly feminist, she wouldn't be posting naked pictures of herself on her website to boost interest in her.

lbcardoni

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2006, 02:43:00 pm »
Evs to this