Author Topic: Vinyl isn't dead yet...  (Read 264511 times)

Hutch

Re: Vinyl isn't dead yet...
« Reply #961 on: March 29, 2023, 01:39:10 pm »
Yeah, I already own an original.

Just illustrative of prices….

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #962 on: April 05, 2023, 11:48:24 am »
Turns out it wasn't Adele that was clogging up the vinyl production chain after all  ;)

Man sentenced for selling ‘fake’ vinyl records online

A “FAMILY man” who laundered more than £1m in counterfeit vinyl record sales has been spared jail.

Richard Hutter pocketed £1,247,222 selling fake LP vinyls of iconic rock artists to unsuspecting customers on his own website and eBay, a court heard.

https://www.salisburyjournal.co.uk/news/23435675.man-sentenced-selling-fake-vinyl-records-online/

T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
T.Rex

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #964 on: April 05, 2023, 12:04:25 pm »
LVMH

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #965 on: April 05, 2023, 12:21:47 pm »
Less ads version

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/apr/05/man-who-made-12m-from-fake-vinyl-records-caught-out-by-clash-fan
No jail time. Interesting to reflect on what this guy would have gotten in the US.

looks like he would have gotten five years for money laundering but there was an error in way the case was handled... 

An error in dealing with the case at Poole Magistrates’ Court, where Hutter pleaded guilty in December 2020, meant the case was severely delayed in reaching crown court.

Sentencing, Recorder Richard Tutt said: “In my judgement, this is a highly culpable offence. You involved others, namely your wife and one of your sons, and the offending took place over a significant period of time.

Salisbury Journal: Richard Hutter with his vinyls in the background.

“[However], my sentencing powers are limited because of an oversight or error in magistrates court.”

Sentenced solely on a charge of money laundering – Hutter was given a four-month sentence, suspended for 24 months.
T.Rex

« Reply #966 on: April 20, 2023, 11:11:24 am »
a RSD release that looks interesting

Day of the Doug is a tribute album to Doug Sahm. It features 12 songs that span Sahm’s career as a solo artist as well as his work with Sir Douglas Quintet and Texas Tornados. The Intro and Outro tracks are phone messages that Doug left Jay Farrar over the years. This is a brand new record from Son Volt.

the talyor swift...exclusive...they made 75k of them, so not really that rare

of course the peepa pig release is the one I'm gunning for
« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 11:15:21 am by Fulfilled-Hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

« Reply #967 on: April 20, 2023, 08:43:26 pm »
I cannot believe I am typing this but I need a favor and I’m calling on my loyal JuliaNATION to help me out. I’m laid up with a busted ass foot. If anyone is out for RSD and come across the Macho Man Randy Savage RSD release, I will buy it from you and pay shipping plus whatever reasonable sweetener you want. It’s a  gift for a person who did something nice for me and **this** is the thing they care about.

PM me for confirmation I’m serious if you think I’m joking.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 08:53:54 pm by Julian, Adroit TASTEMAKER »
LVMH

nkotb

« Reply #968 on: April 20, 2023, 10:50:34 pm »
Oh man, I never pay attention to RSD, so I had no clue this was available lol.  I had a similar situation where i bought the CD for a friend as a gift. It was signed by Macho Man (THE GOAT) and dedicated to Lex Lugar who, if you didn't know, was living with former Savage spouse Miss Elizabeth when she died of acute toxicity!

I cannot believe I am typing this but I need a favor and I’m calling on my loyal JuliaNATION to help me out. I’m laid up with a busted ass foot. If anyone is out for RSD and come across the Macho Man Randy Savage RSD release, I will buy it from you and pay shipping plus whatever reasonable sweetener you want. It’s a  gift for a person who did something nice for me and **this** is the thing they care about.

PM me for confirmation I’m serious if you think I’m joking.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #969 on: April 21, 2023, 05:27:39 am »
guys, this is a safe space. it's ok to be into muscley men in underpants who like to "wrassle".  no need to hide behind "asking for a friend"...
<sig>

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #970 on: April 21, 2023, 06:59:27 am »
What is an ass foot?

« Reply #971 on: April 21, 2023, 08:30:13 am »
What is an ass foot?
Dude, I assure you I’ve spent three years with feet doctors trying to get a better diagnosis than “bum ass foot” but that’s all I’ve got for you.
LVMH

Hutch

« Reply #972 on: April 23, 2023, 01:01:51 am »
Pretty boring RSD list in my opinion

David J is a bit tempting if price comes down to $25

Bagley

« Reply #973 on: April 24, 2023, 09:54:33 am »
Pretty boring RSD list in my opinion

David J is a bit tempting if price comes down to $25

Got a good deal on the Introducing The Eleventh House with Lary Coryell record to replace my original copy.  They were a great band to catch live.  Randy Brecker on horns, Alphonse Mouzon on drums and a blind Mike Mandel on keys!

« Reply #974 on: April 26, 2023, 11:42:00 am »
whoa, quite a load of extras.  This stage of L&R they were really trying to ride the EDM wave (that they kinda pioneered) but really didn't hit the mark
I would like to hear all this extra stuff

We are excited to announce the expanded vinyl reissue of SWEET F.A and the cd/digital release of MY DARK TWIN, both set for release on June 9th.
My Dark Twin is a 22 track double cd/digital compilation tracing the journey to Sweet F.A. The release contains eight previously unreleased versions and six unreleased songs from the Sweet F.A. sessions. It also contains a booklet with new comments from the band about the recordings and notes from historian Andrew Brooksbank
PREORDER: https://loveandrockets.ffm.to/music
Full details are on our website: https://archive.beggars.com/
AND....Daniel has created an exclusive digital mix of the title track titled “My Dark Twin (Doppelgänger mix)” which you can hear now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh746oCeHgU
-----------------------------------
SWEET FA is a double black LP with a gatefold sleeve and is expanded with four extra tracks:
D1. My Dark Twin * previously unheard song outside of box set
D2. Butterfly * previously unheard song outside of box set
D3. Venus Child * previously unheard song outside of box set
D4. Pick Yourself Up * previously unheard song outside of box set
-----------------------------------
The band began recording the follow-up to Hot Trip To Heaven at San Francisco’s Coast Recorders with Andy Taub at the helm. These initial sessions proved fruitful and produced many quality recordings. Despite these very promising tracks, it was determined by all that the essential spark wasn’t quite there. Rick Rubin suggested a new studio and a new producer. John Fryer came on board and took Andy Taub’s recordings to Chipping Norton studios and deconstructed them, adding an “English” edge to the Coast recordings. The band also recorded some additional, but ultimately unused tracks at Chipping Norton including a spontaneous improvised cover of the beloved Mink DeVille’s classic ’77 hit “Spanish Stroll”. The band brought these tracks back to California when they were offered full use of Rick Rubin’s haunted 1919 Laurel Canyon mansion as a base in which to stay and rehearse with the intention of ideally coming up with more material that American Recordings felt was needed in order to complete the record.
A couple of inspired new tracks were recorded on Kevin’s portable DAT machine, and acting on instinct, he thankfully he took them home with him on the night that a massive fire broke out. They lost all of their gear and nearly lost their lives as well. After the fire, the band checked into Jive in Silver Lake with producer Paul Wallfisch – Jive was basically Paul’s black widow infested garage!
• “Shelf Life” is David J’s direct retort to the delivery of news that MCA would not be picking up the option on his solo contract. Bruce Kaphan (American Music Club) lends a hand on this track with his extraordinary pedal steel.
• “Ritual Radio” was an improvised rehearsal room jam – a spooky 18 minute piece.
• “U. O. ME.” is a spontaneous, improvised jam between Love and Rockets and Genesis P. Orridge (also very spooky!) Though it is raw, rough and unrehearsed, and not a studio-quality recording, the compilers thought it was important to include. (The original infamous Gristleizer’s last stand!)
• “California (Have A Nice Apocalypse!)” has a few guest musicians that apparently just happened to be hanging out in the studio, including Chuck Prophet on guitar, Bruce Kaphan (American Music Club) on pedal steel and Steve Carter on piano. It was recorded in a single take at the end of a very long and productive day.
• “Sweet F.A.” was inspired by one of Daniel’s many motorcycle journeys and on one occasion brought a guitar with him, and he said “I was in a lonely place at the time and that melancholic lyric was written in a motel room”
• “Spanish Stroll” is a spontaneous, loose cover version of the 1977 Mink DeVille classic, taped on an old boombox. Kevin employing a knife and fork and empty wine bottles as percussion with David on wheezing harmonium plus backing vocals. Daniel plays guitar and sings lead vocals.
MY DARK TWIN CD track listing:
DISC ONE
1. The Fever (First Version) *
2. That’s Progress +
3. Sweet Lover Hangover (Edit)
4. Bomber’s Moon +
5. Words of a Fool (First Version) *
6. Libido Talking +
7. Pearl (First Version) *
8. Shelf Life (First Version) *
9. Sad And Beautiful World (First Version) *
10. Returning +
11. Ritual Radio
12. U. O. ME. + 
DISC TWO
1 The Glittering Darkness
2 California (Have A Nice Apocalypse!) +
3 Butterfly
4 Venus Child
5 Here Come The Comedown (Rough Mix) *
6 Pick Yourself Up
7 Sweet F. A. (Rough Mix) *
8 Sweet Lover Hangover (Remix)
9 My Dark Twin
10 Spanish Stroll % *
*previously unreleased version
+ previously unreleased song
% previously unreleased cover
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 12:54:54 pm by Fulfilled-Hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack