Author Topic: ONE HOUR BB SHOW  (Read 32730 times)

Medusa

Re: ONE HOUR BB SHOW
« Reply #150 on: June 18, 2004, 05:49:00 pm »
Is it "aveeeda" or "avayda"?

:p

Cheers

DJ Medusa.

nkotb

« Reply #151 on: June 18, 2004, 06:58:00 pm »
In Bethesda, it's a spa/hair product store where the pampered rich bitches hang out.  I had a co-worked drone on ENDLESSLY about it.  

As much as I like them, I hope this newbie B Boys fan flood ends quickly.  

Originally posted by Bollocks:
  Aveda...isn't that some nasty pretend cheese?

Jaguär

« Reply #152 on: June 19, 2004, 01:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by Member 656:
  Sampling has been an idea in hip-hop long before the Beastie Boys even arrived on the scene.

I find it funny that everyone now likes Paul's Boutique, and calls it a work of genius. I remember a lot of people hating that record when it came out back in 89'.
Not to mention, sampling has been around even longer than early Hip Hop. Brian Eno used it a lot in his early works and often discussed it in interviews. He often spoke of how he wanted to fuse someone like Parliment with a German band like Kraftwerk. Funny thing was, this was before Kraftwerk were eventually sampled in some famous Rap song that used Trans Europe Express. I'm sure you could go back way before Eno to find many other examples. Not being in the mood nor working on my disertation, I'll leave all the work up to you M1. Maybe it will do you some good.

BTW M1, shove the red pen up your ass! Some of us know when to put it away. Others use it tactfully or get torn apart when they get too red pen happy.

[Sorry if I'm covering ground that's already been covered. I'm still reading pg. 1 and didn't want to lose my fervor. (Would that be 'fervour' for NKOTBIE's sake?      :p      ]

m1

« Reply #153 on: June 19, 2004, 03:08:00 pm »
:)  hey Jaggie - how can I, when it's already up yours? you are so smooth, it sickens me... I wish I could be as jaded and underground as you are - the King of the Jungle 'Jaguar' !

if all of you know each other so well, why don't you just get a common chat room & laugh it up w/ your friendly inside jokes - or would that be too much pressure for all of you - it didn't take much to infiltrate this 'group' & throw most of you into a tizzy - talk about threatened beneath all those cool bad-ass tattoos & musical know-how -

relax a little, but you wouldn't want to take advice from a newbie would you ... adios children & tough boys - it's been real  :p  !

« Reply #154 on: June 19, 2004, 03:49:00 pm »
Originally posted by Member 656:

Originally posted by sonickteam2:

Originally posted by vansmack:
  What the Beastie's and the Chemical Brothers did on Paul's Boutique was legendary.
HOLD THE FUCK UP

Dust Brothers were on Pauls Boutique.  Chemical Brothers are someone else.(the greatest electronic music innovators ever- including Kraftwerk)

Please do not confuse the two anymore.

:)    [/b]
I think New Order were greater innovators than either Chemical Brothers or Kraftwerk. But that's just me... [/b]
I mean...The Captain and Tenille were musical invovators...I mean really...where would rock ' roll be...?

Jaguär

« Reply #155 on: June 19, 2004, 04:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by m1:
    :)    hey Jaggie - how can I, when it's already up yours? you are so smooth, it sickens me... I wish I could be as jaded and underground as you are - the King of the Jungle 'Jaguar' !

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

.....hear me ROAR.

:D         :p