Author Topic: Etymotic ER-6i Isolator  (Read 6391 times)

HoyaSaxa03

Etymotic ER-6i Isolator
« on: May 06, 2005, 02:42:00 pm »
just got these as a gift and i'm really digging them ... i'd recommend them if you're looking for pro-quality in-ear headphones but don't want to shell out the $300+ for the etymotic ER-4P

i can now listen to my ipod at about 1/3 volume and literally hear EVERYTHING, i feel like i'm re-discovering some songs ...
(o|o)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
Re: Etymotic ER-6i Isolator
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 03:20:00 pm »
Hoya I'm jealous.....None of those in-ear headphones ever work for me.  I got some wierd shaped ear canals or something.  I can't ever get the right fit...

Personally I have a pair of  Grado SR-60's which I love.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 03:23:00 pm »
those look really nice, great price too

the only problem with the in-ears is that they're ear wax magnets and it's a little awkward putting them in to get the right seal (gotta lift up the top of your ear) ... if you don't have the right seal then you get no bass
(o|o)

Mongo

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 04:24:00 pm »
I'm planning on getting either the ER-4P which you can find for about $200 or the new Shure E4C that is coming out this month.  Grados are freakin sweet too but I would hate to subject someone to my music in close quaters.  Plus there's nothing quite like listening to absolutely nothing BUT your music while on a plane.  Canal phones are just earplugs that pump music into your brain.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2005, 12:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by Fine French Chaz:
  Hoya I'm jealous.....None of those in-ear headphones ever work for me.  I got some wierd shaped ear canals or something.  I can't ever get the right fit...

Personally I have a pair of  Grado SR-60's which I love.
Since GGW found it.. How do you like these?  They were being talked about on another forum.  Do they sit on ones ears?
T.Rex