Author Topic: Parenting issues  (Read 26030 times)

Starsky

Re: Parenting issues
« Reply #255 on: November 12, 2022, 12:06:58 pm »
Obviously it’s totally inappropriate for her to say that…. We’re just yanking your chain…from what you post here it doesn’t sound like she treats you as well as you deserve but things can be complex….we are only hearing your side although you are a thoughtful guy so I don’t think you are full of shit…sometimes putting down the partner is just a way of blowing off steam and it’s not really meant…sometimes people have a failing in one area but are exemplary in others…only you really know… sometimes there is a certain dynamic in a relationship with one partner being a bit dominant and the other more submissive …you got to weigh the good and bad in the relationship…personally I feel like people don’t change and these types of behaviors just get more engrained and worse… like she may talk about you like that now but in twenty years at thanksgiving watch out… only you can decide if it rises to the level of intolerable and take a stand…reality is once your daughter goes off to college you will be entirely free to leave the relationship if it’s not working for you…some people will just never leave no matter what…

And I think it’s more common than one would think….just nobody really admits it cause it’s a bit personal….my partner for years would yell at me in front of kids when I displayed my typical cluelessness “Do you have a brain tumor or something!?!” I didn’t like it after the 50th time…. Not so funny now that I got one so she doesn’t say it…

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #256 on: November 12, 2022, 04:43:50 pm »
my partner for years would yell at me in front of kids when I displayed my typical cluelessness “Do you have a brain tumor or something!?!” I didn’t like it after the 50th time…. Not so funny now that I got one so she doesn’t say it…

wait what??  for realz?  did I somehow missed this news?  dude, sorry to hear that...
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #257 on: November 12, 2022, 07:31:20 pm »
Thanks, Counselor Hutch, you've earned yet another beer. Someday we'll be at a show and you'll let me buy you one. Or two, given your penchant for cheap swill.

All pretty much on point and agree there's two sides to every story.

And damn, sensed you've been going through some health issues, but that's some serious stuff. I hope those closest to you have been helping you cope and rally. The world needs your NPR tote bag  carrying music nerd ass around for a long time to come.

Yada

« Reply #258 on: November 13, 2022, 11:14:03 am »
Wow...really sorry hutch. Is this different from the original diagnosis? Damnit.

Starsky

« Reply #259 on: November 13, 2022, 12:22:22 pm »
Oh no it’s fine…it’s an indolent cancer… it’s treatable…wasn’t trying to freak anyone out…nice seeing you last night

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #260 on: November 14, 2022, 12:28:51 pm »
Oh no it’s fine…it’s an indolent cancer… it’s treatable…

glad to hear that. 
<sig>