Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2662791 times)

killsaly

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #5805 on: September 18, 2013, 01:32:12 pm »
Update
Double Header?!?! On two days in a row?!?!

Friday - Terry Malts at Metro Gallery then head to the Crown for Weekends?!?!

Saturday - Freefest (trying to catch Washed Out, CHVRCHES, Icona Pop, Kaskade, MGMT, and Robin Thicke; then I am off to the Ottobar for Future Islands/Dan Deacon/VideoHippos.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #5806 on: September 19, 2013, 09:45:53 am »
dont you love it when you go to a great show with good energy and pretty people even though some of them talk too much because they are seriously macking on that very nice looking girl, but i forgave him because he was hot, and you meet nice people and you keep your great spot all night . . . and you get a cat shirt?  and the opening band was damn good, too.

Yada

« Reply #5807 on: September 19, 2013, 09:50:48 am »
dont you love it when you go to a great show with good energy and pretty people even though some of them talk too much because they are seriously macking on that very nice looking girl, but i forgave him because he was hot, and you meet nice people and you keep your great spot all night . . . and you get a cat shirt?  and the opening band was damn good, too.

Very niiiice walky. I wish I caught that show too, but I'm old and lazy.

« Reply #5808 on: September 19, 2013, 09:55:44 am »
looking forward to tonight....I promise I won't be chatting up my hot date the whole time
Hearing good things about Lord Huron, seems like they will be great live

I had tickets to Wed and had to switch to Thursday (love the internet for doing those kind of things)
slack

James Ford

« Reply #5809 on: September 19, 2013, 09:59:40 am »
Robbie Fulks at Iota Friday.

Some kids entertainer at the National Theatre Saturday morning, followed by "The Big Build" at the National Building Museum, followed by Kevin Henkes and maybe William Wegman at the National Book Festival.

atomic

« Reply #5810 on: September 19, 2013, 10:02:20 am »
Went to Deer Tick last night.  Hated them beyond belief.  One nice thing about being single is you only have to go see bands you like.  Same thing with friends. If you didn't have any you could do more things you want to do.   Why are the those loners always going on killing sprees?  They can do whatever they want they should be happy.

Yada

« Reply #5811 on: September 19, 2013, 10:06:11 am »
looking forward to tonight....I promise I won't be chatting up my hot date the whole time
Hearing good things about Lord Huron, seems like they will be great live

I had tickets to Wed and had to switch to Thursday (love the internet for doing those kind of things)

I'm actually surprised Lord Huron aren't headlining the 9:30 on their own. That's a pretty great double-bill.

James Ford

« Reply #5812 on: September 19, 2013, 10:08:06 am »
I liked their first album, but haven't cared for anything since. I think I saw them open for someone (Dr. Dog?) and thought they were pretty meh. A number of (all male) people were gushing over them though.

Went to Deer Tick last night.  Hated them beyond belief.  One nice thing about being single is you only have to go see bands you like.  Same thing with friends. If you didn't have any you could do more things you want to do.   Why are the those loners always going on killing sprees?  They can do whatever they want they should be happy.

atomic

« Reply #5813 on: September 19, 2013, 10:12:37 am »
I liked their first album, but haven't cared for anything since. I think I saw them open for someone (Dr. Dog?) and thought they were pretty meh. A number of (all male) people were gushing over them though.

Not the most attractive band so I guess it makes sense that they have more male fans than female fans.  But the bass player does look like the kid from Christmas Story grown up. 

Yada

« Reply #5814 on: September 19, 2013, 10:18:58 am »

Not the most attractive band so I guess it makes sense that they have more male fans than female fans.  But the bass player does look like the kid from Christmas Story grown up. 

lol and they don't dress up like they're walking the Oregon Trail.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #5815 on: September 19, 2013, 10:27:31 am »

lol and they don't dress up like they're walking the Oregon Trail.

5th show in 6 nights was Deer Tick last night. Really enjoyed it as did those with whom I traveled. Only complaints: A little too late a night for an old man, and too many over 6' 5" dudes in ball caps.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #5816 on: September 19, 2013, 10:28:30 am »
one of my favorite, personal things about da club, is the lower bar.  i love that feel you get when walking down the stairs and how the mood of the entire building changes into some bizarre underground, la or other western california city people milling around with semi caring stares your direction then back into their own worlds of whatever.  plus i love the fact that at any time of the super packed upstairs bar, uhmm how about no, experience, i can mosey on down into another life, order a dogfish head on draft with no lines, with only interesting people to wonder about as i wait, for my beer from a super nice and darn tooting good looking bartender, which is awesome.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #5817 on: September 19, 2013, 10:32:56 am »
one of my favorite, personal things about da club, is the lower bar.  i love that feel you get when walking down the stairs and how the mood of the entire building changes into some bizarre underground, la or other western california city people milling around with semi caring stares your direction then back into their own worlds of whatever.  plus i love the fact that at any time of the super packed upstairs bar, uhmm how about no, experience, i can mosey on down into another life, order a dogfish head on draft with no lines, with only interesting people to wonder about as i wait, for my beer from a super nice and darn tooting good looking bartender, which is awesome.
I also think the basement bar is my favorite thing about 9:30. Really cool vibe down there regardless of show.
LVMH

bearman🐻

« Reply #5818 on: September 19, 2013, 11:29:01 am »
I also think the basement bar is my favorite thing about 9:30. Really cool vibe down there regardless of show.

Oh the nights I've had at the Backbar...both in the new and old club.

« Reply #5819 on: September 19, 2013, 12:19:40 pm »
I'm assuming your wife isn't on the 930 forum  ::)
slack