Author Topic: Anyone go to Dungen?  (Read 1487 times)

Relaxer

Anyone go to Dungen?
« on: September 19, 2005, 11:09:00 am »
Last night's Dungen Black Cat show was great! I knew there was a fair amount of hype on Ta Det Lungt a few months ago, but I still figured a Swedish prog band would only attract 50-100 people. But the place was fairly well packed, so that was a nice surprise, especially for the band.

I would've figured a prog band would play longer than an hour, but it was good nevertheless. The guitar player definitely had the spacey psychedelic thing going on, which was a plus. Good times.
oword

calecp01

Re: Anyone go to Dungen?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 11:11:00 am »
Yeah, my crew was pretty stoked about the show.  And the band seemed like a bunch of goofballs, no pretension, great musicians, loved the vintage gear, total rock n roll, fabulous.

snailhook

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 11:50:00 am »
hmmm...i wouldn't classify dungen as a "prog" band, but rather a "psych" band. there are elements of prog, though.

i thought the set was good, but not as amazing as i thought it was going to be, or wanted it to be. the sound was wack for the first half of the set, and i had to work my way up close to enjoy the sound of the vintage gear. the extended jams were nice and they hit some fine peaks, and the shorter, poppier songs were solid but probably needed an extra kick.

it is weird to see that many people checking out a swedish psych band, but there is a little hype involved; when the band got quiet, i heard way too many people talking, as if they didn't really care and were there just to see what all the fuss was all about. overall, dungen is great shit and i'll be right there to see how they progress.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 12:31:00 pm »
Originally posted by snailhook:
  it is weird to see that many people checking out a swedish psych band, but there is a little hype involved;
rolling stone blew a huge load over them a month or two ago, they've been getting hype left and right ... i'm actually surprised it didn't sell out, guess the whole sunday night thing doesn't help
(o|o)

thirsty moore

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 01:37:00 pm »
Fader had an article on them in January.