Author Topic: Local bands  (Read 19993 times)

kosmo vinyl

  • Administrator
  • Member
  • Posts: 14660
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Local bands
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2005, 10:22:00 am »
Quote
Originally posted by [username edited by p.c. moderator]:
  As I told Fico in the "rename our band thread", phrases are in, one word names are out. They need some stupid nonsensical multi-word phrase like "Stand Up, Get Down" or "Bad Sushi, Good Head."
could we drop this for the time being... it's as worn out as Ben's Chili Bowl.
T.Rex

thirsty moore

  • Member
  • Posts: 6131
Re: Local bands
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2005, 10:24:00 am »
Cedars is a bit phallic, don't you think?

Fico

  • Guest
Re: Local bands
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2005, 10:25:00 am »
Suck it boyo... Cedars it is, we'll send stickers yer way...

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

  • Member
  • Posts: 5970
  • JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: Local bands
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2005, 10:35:00 am »
Quote
Originally posted by Fico:
  Suck it boyo... Cedars it is, we'll send stickers yer way...
All joking aside, I can't believe right after having your name stolen by another band you'd go out and knowingly choose a name another band has.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

  • Member
  • Posts: 5970
  • JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: Local bands
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2005, 10:37:00 am »
Quote
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
 could we drop this for the time being... it's as worn out as Ben's Chili Bowl.
Also a great band name.

Fico

  • Guest
Re: Local bands
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2005, 10:39:00 am »
Quote
Originally posted by [username edited by p.c. moderator]:
   
Quote
Originally posted by Fico:
  Suck it boyo... Cedars it is, we'll send stickers yer way...
All joking aside, I can't believe right after having your name stolen by another band you'd go out and knowingly choose a name another band has. [/b]
I never care about names..I for one hated the name Cartel to no end..but you got 4 other people in the band...and I tend to be the one to get outvoted on things like this..so I'm not fighting this one...specially after the great news we got this morning that you'll know soon enough...

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

  • Member
  • Posts: 5970
  • JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: Local bands
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2005, 10:42:00 am »
Quote
Originally posted by Fico:
  ...specially after the great news we got this morning that you'll know soon enough...
You're scoring the background music to "Donkey Punch 7"?

Sage 703

  • Member
  • Posts: 1710
Re: Local bands
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2005, 10:43:00 am »
Quote
quote:
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Originally posted by [username edited by p.c. moderator]:
 
 quote:
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Originally posted by Fico:
 Suck it boyo... Cedars it is, we'll send stickers yer way...
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 All joking aside, I can't believe right after having your name stolen by another band you'd go out and knowingly choose a name another band has.
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 I never care about names..I for one hated the name Cartel to no end..but you got 4 other people in the band...and I tend to be the one to get outvoted on things like this..so I'm not fighting this one...specially after the great news we got this morning that you'll know soon enough...  
[/b]
 
 
 Maybe you don't care, but isn't it obvious that these guys out West do care?  I mean, that's kind of shady, especially since they've gone out of their way to be nice about it.  It isn't like you all have played any shows around the area as Cedars yet - why would it be so difficult to work out something different if somebody objects to it, especially if they will be facing the same problem that you guys did?

Fico

  • Guest
Re: Local bands
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2005, 10:46:00 am »
Quote
Originally posted by callat703:
   
Quote
quote:
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Originally posted by [username edited by p.c. moderator]:
 
 quote:
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Originally posted by Fico:
 Suck it boyo... Cedars it is, we'll send stickers yer way...
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 All joking aside, I can't believe right after having your name stolen by another band you'd go out and knowingly choose a name another band has.
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 I never care about names..I for one hated the name Cartel to no end..but you got 4 other people in the band...and I tend to be the one to get outvoted on things like this..so I'm not fighting this one...specially after the great news we got this morning that you'll know soon enough...  
[/b]
 
 
 Maybe you don't care, but isn't it obvious that these guys out West do care?  I mean, that's kind of shady, especially since they've gone out of their way to be nice about it.  It isn't like you all have played any shows around the area as Cedars yet - why would it be so difficult to work out something different if somebody objects to it, especially if they will be facing the same problem that you guys did? [/b]
You really think it's someone related to them??? wouldn't that person send us an e-mail directly?? it's some clown from the forum taking the piss obviously...

Sage 703

  • Member
  • Posts: 1710
Re: Local bands
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2005, 10:48:00 am »
no idea, but isn't the point the same?
 
 and you think somebody from the forum who would do that actually would spell all of the words correctly and find an actual legal backing for their point?

LostSoul

  • Guest
Re: Local bands
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2005, 10:53:00 am »
Quote
Originally posted by Fico:
 You really think it's someone related to them??? wouldn't that person send us an e-mail directly?? it's some clown from the forum taking the piss obviously... [/QB]
It seems that it is their manager according to the handle on the band's website.  But you should beware of the wrath of Darrin and Darrell...

Fico

  • Guest
Re: Local bands
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2005, 10:56:00 am »
Quote
Originally posted by [username edited by p.c. moderator]:
   
Quote
Originally posted by Fico:
  ...specially after the great news we got this morning that you'll know soon enough...
You're scoring the background music to "Donkey Punch 7"? [/b]
We were, but our guitarist lost his wah-wah pedal...

pangolin22

  • Member
  • Posts: 3
Re: Local bands
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2005, 10:56:00 am »
OK email sent to carteldc@carteldc.com . I guess I should have made my e-mail address public, it is pangolin22@yahoo.com and you will see me on http://www.thecedarsband.com listed as the webmaster.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

  • Member
  • Posts: 5970
  • JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: Local bands
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2005, 11:03:00 am »
Quote
Originally posted by Fico:
  We were, but our guitarist lost his wah-wah pedal...
It's probably for the best. Who does a porno with a wah pedal? Everyone knows a Frampton-esque voicebox is the way to go!

Fico

  • Guest
Re: Local bands
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2005, 11:07:00 am »
Quote
Originally posted by [username edited by p.c. moderator]:
   
Quote
Originally posted by Fico:
  We were, but our guitarist lost his wah-wah pedal...
It's probably for the best. Who does a porno with a wah pedal? Everyone knows a Frampton-esque voicebox is the way to go! [/b]
Depends on the plotline really..the Wah-Wah works great on orgy scenes...I agree that the voicebox is great for girl on girl action.. the casio keyboard rules on moneyshot scenes...