Author Topic: steve-o  (Read 34778 times)

poorlulu

Re: steve-o
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2002, 01:51:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by paige:<BR>[B<BR>but how was big meanie? good? well maybe that might be of some consolation.. i don't know[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>do you think any of us are brave enough to say they weren't on here?............that guy will kick our arses.........<P>actually they were rather blink 182 tastic........the lead singer has some nice green day head and eye movements too.........still gotta love a band that jumps in unison.................hmmmmmm

poorlulu

« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2002, 01:55:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by eddie:<BR><B>For the record,  there was no bicycle whatsoever in any of our paperwork.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>you f#cking, motherf#cker...........you were the one that bought the wrong motherf#cking bike weren't you?<P>you f#cked up the whole show, motherf#cker............<BR>it would have been awesome if they had the right motherf#cking bike................you f#cker............<P>

Jaguär

« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2002, 02:02:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Henry Dark:<BR><B>   No offense, but what did you guys expect this show to be like? How did it fail to live up to those expectations?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>This is one time that I MUST completely and wholeheartedly agree with Rhett here. From the reports I've been reading by those who attended, it sounds exactly like what I had expected it to be. <P>And Markie, you wondered why I used the spelling "ASSinine"!!! It's appropriate. <P>At least Andrew WK provides a hard party for those so inclined. <P>Eddie, I believe you about the bike.   <P><p>[This message has been edited by Jaguär (edited 12-30-2002).]

markie

« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2002, 02:08:00 pm »
Jag that took an awfully long time to come up with an excuse for spelling asinine wrong.<P>You'd have fit in well with last nights audience.

Jaguär

« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2002, 02:27:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B>Jag that took an awfully long time to come up with an excuse for spelling asinine wrong.<P>You'd have fit in well with last nights audience.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>And you can still fuck off Markie.<P>

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2002, 07:06:00 am »
big meanie was the highlight of the evening.  that's all i'm sayin'.<P>well, maybe one other thing:  i tried to get a kid's bike, but eddie said they wanted a small bmx trick bike.  it was all his fault.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2002, 10:24:00 am »
Ya know, I haven't been paying all that much attention, but I read the review in today's Post, and I just for the life of me can't figure out why someone would pay to see that.
_\|/_

steveosucked

« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2002, 11:40:00 am »
The review in the post did not capture anything about the show, except that he yelled about the bike for the last 30 minutes of the show, almost exclusively.<P>I will say that no one left before the show was over, something the writer just made up.<P>But, to answer your question, the reason people went was to see him do anything. ANYTHING. But he did NOTHING. Honestly there were about 6 stunts, totalling about 4 minutes... this is no exaggeration. The rest, he just yelled, and threatened to throw people out. Funny thing is, most of the time, he looked over to the bouncer, and the bouncer told him he couldn't throw the person out just for yelling at him.<P>Anyway, the reason people went (which is still stupid) was to see him do Steve-o-type stuff. All they did was act like three 14 year-olds who hadn't planned out a show.<P>Honestly, out of ten, I had an expectation of about '.5'. Steve-o delivered a solid '-2'.<P>But, I'll be the first to say... "What did you REALLY expect?"<P>And for the record, did anyone notice the crowd's reaction to the "F**k Jesus" bit? That didn't go over too well. <P>

Joymonster

• MySpace
« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2002, 11:44:00 am »
Here's the review from WashingtonPost.com:<P>In show business terms, Steve-O didn't break a leg at the 9:30 club on Sunday. He did, however, break a light bulb over his head, and chew on a shard of the glass until blood from his tongue poured over his pale torso.<P>Steve-O, born Stephen Glover, is the lead performer in the "Don't Try This at Home" cast, which is basically the touring company of MTV's former pro-nihilism show "Jackass" and the smash movie of the same name. The stage version doesn't have the benefit of editing, and doesn't rely on any of the pranks that made the small- and big-screen versions occasionally sublime.<P>Steve-O, now 28, studied at the Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Clown College in Florida several years ago, but there was no vestige of this training obvious on Sunday. Instead, Steve-O merely tried to shock fans through feats of self-abuse that were slight of mind, not sleight of hand. Early in the set, for example, he snorted salt through his nose, which made him vomit. "I'm kicking my own [butt] every day because I love you guys," he told the packed house, before stapling to his body an assortment of bras and panties that had been thrown to the stage by fans up front. The tongue-cutting gag followed.<P>The already flagging show unraveled when Steve-O, holding a taut rope, tried to clothesline a crew member who was riding a bike onstage. The stunt failed miserably, and he began railing against club management for providing a cycle other than what was stipulated in his performing contract. That rant continued until set's end, by which time a lot of ticket buyers had already gone home. In his last monologue, Steve-O told the fans that the moral of his act is "Every last one of you is important." Then he lit his head on fire.<P>-- Dave McKenna <P>

steveosucked

« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2002, 11:44:00 am »
I was wondering about that bike, myself.<P>I'm no BMX expert, by any means, but it seemed a bit odd that the bike had trick pegs and looked like a fairly sturdy bike, not to mention fairly expensive. A kid's bike, had they requested it, would have been an easy, cheap purchase. I'm sure the BMX was more expensive, and more difficult to get.<P>Regardless, I can't see how that trick would have been even the slightest bit entertaining.<P>I'm pretty sure the 930 club doesn't set out to just screw it's talent. They're in the business of putting on good shows, and this travesty looks worse on the 930 than it does on Steve-o; he doesn't care... he got paid. 930 should have booted his ass out of the club as soon as his set was over.<P><BR>

paige

« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2002, 03:01:00 pm »
wait.. is there anyone who actually ENJOYED the show? if there is, id' be interested to know why. i didn't even go but whatever

monkey

« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2003, 03:52:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by paige:<BR><B><BR>but how was big meanie? good? well maybe that might be of some consolation.. i don't know</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Good?  GOOD?  We were fucking AMAZING!!!!!!  (or so i was told)

monkey

« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2003, 04:01:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by paige:<BR><B>wait.. is there anyone who actually ENJOYED the show? if there is, id' be interested to know why. i didn't even go but whatever</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Surprised about the week+ of silence since this post of yours?.....me neither.  I'm just getting around to reading this stuff.  Thank you for all the kind words, those of you who have had them--they're deeply appreciated.  for those of you who don't--you don't have to like us just because of thatguy--you just have to express your dislike civilly (sp?-one L or 2?) and politely.  Hope everyone had a fun and safe new year!

paige

« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2003, 03:13:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by monkey:<BR><B> Good?  GOOD?  We were fucking AMAZING!!!!!!  (or so i was told)</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>no i heard that too. what i was referring to was the steve-o part. the big meanie being good part was kind of understood