Author Topic: Beatles, Stones or Skynard?  (Read 2726 times)

Relaxer

Re: Beatles, Stones or Skynard?
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2005, 09:22:00 am »
Originally posted by Hello, My Name is Chaz:

Originally posted by Relaxer:

Originally posted by Fine French Chaz:
  In terms of sheer influence, I'll take Skynard any day.

USA kicks ass!
The Beatles are the most influential pop group of all time and to deny that is to either deny reality or to not understand what music was before and after the Beatles. What did Skynyrd contribute to rock and roll that no other band did? If Skynrd never existed, how is the musical world any different? They were a fine band who produced some fine songs and albums, but the Beatles' music literally changed how half the world listens to and appreciates music, and that was just while they were still an existing band. Not even Elvis was as influential as the Beatles, since he never wrote a song in his life.

[/b]
Dude any southern rock band...Allmans, Skynyrd, Molly Hatchett beats any of that wussy brit rock anyday.  USA RULES, got it? [/b]
You spelled Molly Hatchet wrong.
oword

mike9182

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2005, 09:23:00 am »
Beatlemania? yes
 Skynardmania? ?

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2005, 09:24:00 am »

Originally posted by Hello, My Name is Chaz:

Originally posted by Fine French Chaz:
  In terms of sheer influence, I'll take Skynard any day.

USA kicks ass!
The Beatles are the most influential pop group of all time and to deny that is to either deny reality or to not understand what music was before and after the Beatles. What did Skynyrd contribute to rock and roll that no other band did? If Skynrd never existed, how is the musical world any different? They were a fine band who produced some fine songs and albums, but the Beatles' music literally changed how half the world listens to and appreciates music, and that was just while they were still an existing band. Not even Elvis was as influential as the Beatles, since he never wrote a song in his life.

[/b]
Dude any southern rock band...Allmans, Skynyrd, Molly Hatchett beats any of that wussy brit rock anyday.  USA RULES, got it? [/b]
You spelled Molly Hatchet wrong. [/b]
You don't spell it dude, you rock out to it!

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2005, 11:34:00 am »

sonickteam2

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2005, 12:30:00 pm »

Hell, you can't even spell their name right. How much of a fan could you be?

when i worked at a record store, it was always amazing to help people find Skynyrd CDs.  people would be all over the L's.  Ly to Le to Li and everything in between.

one guy was actually looking in the S's like it was some guy named Leonard Skinnard and we had it by his last name!!

vansmack

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2005, 01:08:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam4:
   one guy was actually looking in the S's like it was some guy named Leonard Skinnard and we had it by his last name!!
Maybe he was that guys PE teacher too.
27>34

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2005, 01:12:00 pm »
Real Skynrd fans buy their Skynrd stuff on 8 track or cassette at highway truck stops.

Originally posted by sonickteam4:

Hell, you can't even spell their name right. How much of a fan could you be?

when i worked at a record store, it was always amazing to help people find Skynyrd CDs.  people would be all over the L's.  Ly to Le to Li and everything in between.

one guy was actually looking in the S's like it was some guy named Leonard Skinnard and we had it by his last name!! [/b]

Jaguär

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2005, 07:50:00 pm »
Now we know who all of those fools are hollering out "FREEBIRDDDD".     :roll:    

My choice would be a very close tie between the Beatles and the Stones, probably with the Beatles just edging out the Stones. Early Beatles, that is.

I fucking HATE Lynard Skynard....however they spell it!!!! Always have and always will. In fact, I hate them more than Rap or Hip Hop. At least I've heard several Rap or Hip Hop songs that I've actually really liked. That's never, ever happened to me with a Skynard song. Worse yet, I hate them even more than Sleater Kinney. Much, much more....and that's saying something.

BLACKSTORM

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2005, 11:42:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jaguär:
 [QB]
 I fucking HATE Lynard Skynard....however they spell it!!!! Always have and always will. In fact, I hate them more than Rap or Hip Hop. At least I've heard several Rap or Hip Hop songs that I've actually really liked. That's never, ever happened to me with a Skynard song. .

Jaguar, you took the words right out of my mouth. Lynard Skynard is 100% without a doubt Shit.

evilizac

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2005, 05:01:00 pm »
Fuck!!! I tried to resist this post but it kept drawing me back in.
 The Beatles without a doubt always manage to amaze me. When I forget about how thrilling  their work is it alway hits me with one listen. It's shows what happens when you let a band evolve. They made beautiful rock music and not without some edge.
 The Stones made rock and roll into what it is when it comes to a live sense as well as earthy, bluesy, often gritty. Check out the video "Ladies and Gentlemen The Rolling Stones" from 1973. Rock!!!
WHAT?

myuman

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2005, 08:25:00 pm »
Skynard = Nascar; just because a few bandana toting individuals with confed. flagged draped pickups came into Tower records and inquired about a few skynard albums does not put them into the Beatles/stones class.  And I couldn't care less about the beatles or the stones... but skynard? Dale Jr.?  Come on... hype is nothing but that.