Author Topic: space help needed. no, not outerspace. partyspace.  (Read 2198 times)

jkeisenh

space help needed. no, not outerspace. partyspace.
« on: July 12, 2005, 09:25:00 am »
ok, so, my friend with a house totally flaked, and now we're looking for somewhere else to hold an extremely important birthday party.  It must meet the following criteria:
 - allows us to bring our own beer
 - has a bathroom
 - has electrical outlets
 - isn't schmancy or expensive

I was thinking about checking out that space in Eastern Market, but they may not be down with the BYO thing.  Anyone have any ideas?  A warehouse of some sort would be ideal...  or the roof of an unlocked parking garage... or a building under construction with a hole in the fence... or an abandoned building... or something like that.

Sailor Ripley

Re: space help needed. no, not outerspace. partyspace.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 09:39:00 am »
How cheap is cheap?  Cheapest and non-fancy options I can think of are local Fire halls, VFW, that sort of thing. Some will allow BYOB, some won't.

jkeisenh

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 09:48:00 am »
ooOOOooo.  I should check with that VFW post that's on, like 3rd & D SE.  That would be awesome.

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 10:00:00 am »
Sonick's just bought new digs..?

jkeisenh

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2005, 10:17:00 am »
i kinda wish we could find a friendly parking lot somewhere.  what sucks is that it's scheduled for saturday night at 10pm.  no bar will give us any space at that time of the week.

sonickteam2

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2005, 10:23:00 am »
Originally posted by Ellis D. Fleischbach:
  Sonick's just bought new digs..?
I'm in Baltimore, no DC people wanna come the whole way up here!! (i do have a parking lot behind my house that no one uses at night!)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2005, 12:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by chimbly sweep:
  i kinda wish we could find a friendly parking lot somewhere.  what sucks is that it's scheduled for saturday night at 10pm.  no bar will give us any space at that time of the week.
yeah they will, it just might not be at the cut-rate prices you're looking for ... i went to a really fun birthday party at the townhouse tavern near 17th and R on a saturday night ... fantastic jukebox there too
(o|o)

jkeisenh

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2005, 01:45:00 pm »
i just confirmed that warehouse will host us.  too bad beer will be $2 ea.  That's going to kill my budget.