Author Topic: Wilco Roll Call  (Read 6969 times)

eltee

Re: Wilco Roll Call
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2006, 04:46:00 pm »
me.
 Anyone seen the opener before?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2006, 05:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by amnesiac:
   Those that weren't can check out  NPR's live webcast

any chance someone could record the NPR show and upload/share it?  i won't be able to, would be very grateful if you could.  i'd owe you several beers  :)
<sig>

amnesiac

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2006, 05:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:

Those that weren't can check out  NPR's live webcast

any chance someone could record the NPR show and upload/share it?  i won't be able to, would be very grateful if you could.  i'd owe you several beers   :)  [/b]
NPR usually archives the shows and lets you stream them after they're over. And sometimes they make the entire show available for download.

tigersscareme

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2006, 05:52:00 pm »
oh yeah, how were portastatic??
They were lovely. I expected the place to be packed since it was on the backstage, but i'd hazzard a guess that it was maybe 1/2 full?

their new record is great. probably will make my top 10/15 of the year.

thingsfallapart

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2006, 06:12:00 pm »
Originally posted by CPUCHINO:
  Will be there with my 13 year old son in tow, his first Wilco and 930 club show, wish he could be the designated driver, but that day will come!
Sweet.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2006, 07:26:00 pm »
  NPR usually archives the shows and lets you stream them after they're over. And sometimes they make the entire show available for download.
check out the last wilco show on NPR:

Due to a previous agreement with the band, audio for this feature is no longer available.

so my fear is that the show will air "live" but won't be archived, hence my request...

so - pweety pwease?
<sig>

Darth Ed

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2006, 07:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:

check out the last wilco show on NPR:

Due to a previous agreement with the band, audio for this feature is no longer available.

so my fear is that the show will air "live" but won't be archived, hence my request...

so - pweety pwease? [/b]
It's usually up for a few days to a week before they they take the MP3 links down. Even so, almost all Wilco shows (including their last 9:30 Club show) are available via BitTorrent in lossless quality at etree.org:

http://bt.etree.org/?search=wilco&cat=0

vassego

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2006, 08:47:00 am »
Someone taped last night too. I didn't get a chance to ask where he was going to put it, but I'm sure it'll surface somewhere in much better quality than the NPR 90k webcast.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2006, 09:18:00 am »
You can stream it now on npr.org. It doesn't look like it will be available for download.

Great show as usual. Lots of tall people and a**holes in the back. It looks like the place was oversold, too.
(_|_)

tigersscareme

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2006, 09:53:00 am »
that was amazing.

although i hope to never see that opening band again.

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2006, 10:09:00 am »
Men usually take up more space. I imagine a vast majority of the audience were men.

Originally posted by Joe M.:

Great show as usual. Lots of tall people and a**holes in the back. It looks like the place was oversold, too.

dazer_23

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2006, 10:13:00 am »
Yeah. I didn't know the Wilco crowd was so fratulent these days.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2006, 10:17:00 am »
It was mostly white men 25-40.

Originally posted by Weird Little Self Loathing Man:
  Men usually take up more space. I imagine a vast majority of the audience were men.

Originally posted by Joe M.:

[/b]
(_|_)

allmy$to930

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2006, 10:28:00 am »
I thought the crowd was great last night and was one of the least "frattish" crowds I have seen at the 9:30 Club. I didn't see any people that were flat-out drunk and for the most part, people didn't talk through songs.

Needless to say, the show was brilliant. If the Mets had won, it would have been one of the best nights of my life.

eltee

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2006, 10:49:00 am »
A bit too packed for me...sucks to be short too. (The wasted people were on the road.)
 You guys might jump all over me, but I'm curious, since it's my first Wilco show. Hats off to the lighting person, but strobe and intense lights for the entire show - it that generally their thing?