Author Topic: once again the jokes write themselves...  (Read 188707 times)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
once again the jokes write themselves...
« on: September 01, 2008, 02:52:00 pm »
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/01/palin.daughter/index.html

I find it seriously hard to believe that McCain knew about this before choosing Palin as VP candidate....

azaghal1981

Re: once again the jokes write themselves...
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 02:56:00 pm »
If he really knew prior to announcing the pick, he's an even bigger idiot than I initially thought he was for making it.
احمد

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 03:13:00 pm »
5 months pregnant?

Whew, off the hook then.

walkonby

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 04:28:00 pm »
i feel the times have changed beyond people really caring that the girl is young and preggers and needing to get married quick.  we see with eyes viewing directly at what happens around us all the time and how such actions effect the deeper meaning . . . unless of course you're old enough to care about social security and how it will relate to you, then i'm sure in- between episodes of "matlock" and "murder she wrote" you feel this is a (fox)news worthy tragedy.  i feel the real problem with the vp is that you have a party that looks at the fact that if john mcdonalds happy meal heart stops three months in, then we might just have a hillary (clone) in the white house.  'and who wants that?,' they mutter with their martinis and meandering looks at those bars that attract the shitty capital hill types.

azaghal1981

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 04:35:00 pm »
Apart from the sex organs, she and Hillary have absolutely nothing in common.

So she's far from a Hillary clone.
احمد

walkonby

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 04:42:00 pm »
Originally posted by azaghal1981:

but a lot of people still think that obama is a muslim terrorist that will turn our country into the next middle east, or something like that, if he is elected.  people see "woman" and they think "hillary" because that's what/who they were exposed to.

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 04:49:00 pm »
Diddy told me we can't vote for Palin because she's never even seen a black person.

walkonby

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 05:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by Julian, certified WEBLEBRITY:
  Diddy told me we can't vote for Palin because she's never even seen a black person.
the only problem is that diddy tries not to meet black people either, unless they are holding an umbrella for him, or he shoots them to start an east coast/west coast fued that will "remove" his main reason for not being the center of attention.

azaghal1981

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 05:31:00 pm »
Originally posted by walkonby:

but a lot of people still think that obama is a muslim terrorist that will turn our country into the next middle east, or something like that, if he is elected.  people see "woman" and they think "hillary" because that's what/who they were exposed to. [/b]
Yeah...I know that's essentially why he picked her. Call me naive but I refuse to believe that bitter female Hillary voters would rather vote against their own interests than for Obama (way more of a Hillary clone politically/ideologically than Palin).
احمد

vansmack

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2008, 05:36:00 pm »
The initial report made by the McCain campaign indicated that McCain knew this before making his final selection and had decided to continue making Palin the pick because her daughter was keeping the baby.

Smackette's first reaction: this is what happens when mommy's not around enough, which prompted me to spit my Mountain Dew acroos the room this morning.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2008, 05:40:00 pm »
  Yeah...I know that's essentially why he picked her. Call me naive but I refuse to believe that bitter female Hillary voters would rather vote against their own interests than for Obama (way more of a Hillary clone politically/ideologically than Palin).
Every woman and Hillary Supporter I asked this weekend (some of whom even changed their registration to the Republican party) said they would be voting for Obama now (I asked easily over two dozen and not all from SF or even CA).  Only one Hillary supporter I've asked is still voting for McCain.
27>34

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2008, 06:10:00 pm »
Palin IS NOT an attempt to steal Hillary voters. Palin is an attempt to solidify the evangelical base.

azaghal1981

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2008, 06:17:00 pm »
He could've made a few other (more sensable) picks if that's really what he was aiming to do.

Palin IS NOT an attempt to steal Hillary voters. Palin is an attempt to solidify the evangelical base.
احمد

vansmack

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2008, 07:12:00 pm »
  He could've made a few other (more sensable) picks if that's really what he was aiming to do.

[/b]
Exactly.  Then why not pick Tim Pawlenty?  He's the President of the National Asociation of Evangelicals!!!!  

More experience, has balanced more budgets in a swing state no less, had a passport before last year,[/b] can speak about alternative energy solutions, as far as I know neither of his teen daughters are pregnant either...
27>34

Mobius

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2008, 08:13:00 pm »
McCain also denies not knowing that the Palins have a development deal for a reality show on E! to be called "Praisin' Palins"