Author Topic: once again the jokes write themselves...  (Read 193926 times)

sonickteam2

Re: once again the jokes write themselves...
« Reply #1230 on: November 03, 2008, 07:26:00 pm »
Originally posted by They call me Doctor Doom.:
  Is Stephanopoulos really your hero?  He seemed respectable enough until the Democratic debate a few months back that he and Gibson moderated... in that debate, they both came across as amateurish hacks.
Did you ever see "the war room" about the Clinton campaign in 1992? i didnt watch him comment on the debates, perhaps reporting isnt his strong suit. but him and Carville came up with some pretty crazy shit back in the day.

manimtired

« Reply #1231 on: November 03, 2008, 07:35:00 pm »
those polls?  we'll see how the only poll that matters shapes up tomorrow.  remember those exit polls in 2004?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1232 on: November 03, 2008, 08:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by very sonick:

Originally posted by They call me Doctor Doom.:
  So how badly are the Republicans going to get smacked down tomorrow?

Can I start gloating now?

Where's Manimtired?
you cannot start gloating now. (because as Rhett would say, you arent Obama so you're not really winning anything)

but really, it does look like it will be a beating in every sense of the word.  I will be shocked and awed to see Obama lose, but will enjoy watching states like VA and NC and others (Montana??) go to Obama. [/b]
you and doomie are giving me ulcers.  this is SO not in the bag.  i'm predicting an obama win, but it won't be the landslide people are predicting.  i'm also predicting that montana will remain red but it will be close - which in itself is a victory.
<sig>

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #1233 on: November 03, 2008, 08:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by manimtired:

Originally posted by sweetcell:
  don't remember this being mentioned here:

Virginia bogus flyer grounded; police consider charges
 "It said Republicans and Independents leaning Republican should vote on November 4 â?? Election Day â?? and Democrats and Independents leaning Democratic to vote the following day."

Update: No charges in fake VA flyer case
this happens every election. if youre that stupid to buy this flyer you shouldnt be able to vote. [/b]
Gotta agree with the tired man on this one. You've got to be pretty fucking stupid to fall for this one.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1234 on: November 03, 2008, 08:48:00 pm »
 this happens every election.
excellent argument, would totally stand up in court.  funny, repubs weren't bleating that line when it came to false voter registration cards.  how strange.
<sig>

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #1235 on: November 04, 2008, 12:18:00 am »
Originally posted by sweetcell:

this happens every election.
excellent argument, would totally stand up in court.  funny, repubs weren't bleating that line when it came to false voter registration cards.  how strange. [/b]
Remarkable indeed!
_\|/_

« Reply #1236 on: November 04, 2008, 08:53:00 am »
Starbucks is offering a free tall cup of coffee to voters, and Ben and Jerry's says it will hand out a free scoop of ice cream to voters between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. local time, depending on where you live.

In addition, participating Krispy Kreme stores will offer customers sporting an "I Voted" sticker a free "star-shaped donut with patriotic sprinkles."

If you live in Chicago, the Eli's Cheesecake Company of Chicago says it "will reward voters with a free slice of Chicago's favorite dessert, simply by presenting their voting receipt at Eli's Cheesecake World, 6701 W. Forest Preserve Drive, from Tuesday, Nov. 4 through Friday, Nov. 7 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m."

And "if you don't

manimtired

« Reply #1237 on: November 04, 2008, 08:56:00 am »
sweetcell who are you not voting for today? lol.

walkonby

« Reply #1238 on: November 04, 2008, 09:55:00 am »
i wonder if the banks will give out suckers to all those who voted today?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1239 on: November 04, 2008, 10:57:00 am »
it's a good day for democracy
T.Rex

walkonby

« Reply #1240 on: November 04, 2008, 11:01:00 am »
i live in the country.  country like andy griffith.  i love it.  but sometimes the people make me laugh.  there is a wonderful rumour going on "rond here" that if obama loses, the blacks of major cities, especially dc, will riot.  no wonder ratdog ticket sales at the warner on wed/thur. are so horrible.

sonickteam2

« Reply #1241 on: November 04, 2008, 11:10:00 am »
Originally posted by walkonby:
  no wonder ratdog ticket sales at the warner on wed/thur. are so horrible.
i have a different reason for that...

walkonby

« Reply #1242 on: November 04, 2008, 11:12:00 am »
actually, bobby can't bring 'em in like he used to.  dark star orch. have taken the green jacket.

« Reply #1243 on: November 04, 2008, 11:13:00 am »
If those pesky blacks would just buy Ratdog tickets instead of having riot plans, all would be right with the world!

Originally posted by walkonby:
  i live in the country.  country like andy griffith.  i love it.  but sometimes the people make me laugh.  there is a wonderful rumour going on "rond here" that if obama loses, the blacks of major cities, especially dc, will riot.  no wonder ratdog ticket sales at the warner on wed/thur. are so horrible.

walkonby

« Reply #1244 on: November 04, 2008, 11:29:00 am »
perhaps they'll open with: you win again ---> he's gone ---> dancing in the steeet ----> fire on the mountain.