Author Topic: once again the jokes write themselves...  (Read 193760 times)

ratioci nation

Re: once again the jokes write themselves...
« Reply #240 on: September 05, 2008, 01:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by manimtired:
  talk about a resume..

Obama, only 24, struck board members as "awesome" and "extremely impressive," and they quickly hired him, at $13,000 a year, plus $2,000 for a car--a beat-up blue Honda Civic, which Obama drove for the next three years organizing more than twenty congregations to change their neighborhoods.

Despite some meaningful victories, the work of Obama--and hundreds of other organizers--did not transform the South Side or restore lost industries. But it did change the young man who became the junior senator from Illinois in 2004, and it provides clues to his worldview as he bids for the Democratic presidential nomination.
so you are on board with the whole attacking people who help others? bravo

I guess he went straight from that to running for president, nothing in the middle there

godsshoeshine

« Reply #241 on: September 05, 2008, 01:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  Jesus was a community organizer, but never a mayor.
awesome
o/\o

Sage 703

« Reply #242 on: September 05, 2008, 01:55:00 pm »
More thoughts on the Palin pick, and how it seems to be working into the GOP strategy.

manimtired

« Reply #243 on: September 05, 2008, 01:59:00 pm »
do you think he would have voted for the war if he were in the senate at the time? i bet he would have..like the majority of the dems.

vansmack

« Reply #244 on: September 05, 2008, 02:05:00 pm »
UPDATE: Apparently Sarah Palin is leaving the campaign trail to hole up in Alaska for awhile. This is less than a week after Sarah Palin was announced as the VP choice, and she is already disappearing from public view? Is this indicative of the GOP's control over her image? Are we not going to get a chance to really learn what Sarah Palin is all about?
What?  You think one can learn foreign policy overnight? It will take a least week...

Which reminds me, I have never seen a dream candidate fall so out of favor as I have with John McCain and the Economist.  The lovefest was difficult for me to read for a long time, but they are feeling so betrayed at this point.  As if last week's "Bring back the Real McCain" cover wasn't enough, they are ape shit about the Palin choice.
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #245 on: September 05, 2008, 02:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by pdx pollard:

talk about a resume..

Obama, only 24, struck board members as "awesome" and "extremely impressive," and they quickly hired him, at $13,000 a year, plus $2,000 for a car--a beat-up blue Honda Civic, which Obama drove for the next three years organizing more than twenty congregations to change their neighborhoods.

Despite some meaningful victories, the work of Obama--and hundreds of other organizers--did not transform the South Side or restore lost industries. But it did change the young man who became the junior senator from Illinois in 2004, and it provides clues to his worldview as he bids for the Democratic presidential nomination.
so you are on board with the whole attacking people who help others? bravo

I guess he went straight from that to running for president, nothing in the middle there [/b]
and it's interesting that this is a faith based intiative...  something the bush whitehouse promoted during his tenure... it really is amazing how two-faced the mccain campaign on such issues... clearily it wasn't the correct type of faith based intiative
T.Rex

« Reply #246 on: September 05, 2008, 02:06:00 pm »
I don't think Jesus would have voted for the war or served in the senate.

do you think he would have voted for the war if he were in the senate at the time? i bet he would have..like the majority of the dems.

ratioci nation

« Reply #247 on: September 05, 2008, 02:09:00 pm »
we can speculate all we want, but the fact is that at the start of the war it was very unpopular for anybody to be against the war, and he was publicly

you were probably for the war so you dont remember what it was like to be against the war then, any hint of it and you hated america and were a friend of terrorists, oh and hated our troops

sonickteam2

« Reply #248 on: September 05, 2008, 02:14:00 pm »
you are wrong here.

barack against war 2002

Obama went on to explain that ??I know that even a successful war against Iraq will require a U.S. occupation of undetermined length, at undermined cost, with undetermined consequence of undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequence. I know that an invasion of Iraq without clear rationale and without strong international support will only fan the flames of the Middle East, and encourage the worst, rather than the best, impulses of the Arab world and strengthen the recruitment arm of al Qaeda.?

In November 2003, he told the Chicago Sun-Times that had he been in the Senate, he would have voted against the President??s $87.5 billion supplemental appropriations package for Iraq and Afghanistan. ??I think it enables the Bush administration to continue on a flawed policy without being accountable to the American people or to the troops who are making sacrifices,? he said.

manimtired

« Reply #249 on: September 05, 2008, 02:28:00 pm »
its a lot easier to be "against the war" when you dont have to actually vote on it.

ratioci nation

« Reply #250 on: September 05, 2008, 02:31:00 pm »
  its a lot easier to be "against the war" when you dont have to actually vote on it.
thats great, doesnt change the fact that he was against the war, and I say again, it wasn't easy for any public figure to be against the war back then, he could have just as easily appealed to the masses and said "yeah, lets go get those fuckers that attacked us" (even though they didnt)

sonickteam2

« Reply #251 on: September 05, 2008, 02:32:00 pm »
give up man, you lose on this one. Obama was always against the stupid war and he never would've voted for it. get over it.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #252 on: September 05, 2008, 02:36:00 pm »
do you think mccain would have spoken for pilate to free jesus or barabbas?

i say barabbas due to his disdain of community organizers. plus he likes secessionists
o/\o

Venerable Bede

« Reply #253 on: September 05, 2008, 02:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
  do you think mccain would have spoken for pilate to free jesus or barabbas?

i say barabbas due to his disdain of community organizers. plus he likes secessionists
i'd say he'd support whoever was best for israel.  

anyway. . .peter and paul were more of the community activists.
OU812

Vas Deferens

« Reply #254 on: September 05, 2008, 02:55:00 pm »
"This morning, some snoopy bitch dug up a stat which names Wasilla??that podunk town Palin mayored for all those years??as the meth capital of Alaska, with no less than 40-percent of calls to a child??s protection agency nearby stemming from meth related home visits."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/04/wasillas-meth-problem-mad_n_123996.html
(_|_)