Author Topic: Lily Allen./DJ Aaron Lacrate/The Bird and The Bee  (Read 846 times)

bull930

Lily Allen./DJ Aaron Lacrate/The Bird and The Bee
« on: April 09, 2007, 12:03:00 am »
The show was great! DJ AL knows how to mix between the old and new. The think The Bird and The Bee were great and it was cool she came out and decided to say hi! and sign the CD! Lily of course was great but a little giggly!! Glad she did the Heart Of Glass cover! I must say that 930 is about the business!! Once the show is over it is time to clean and get the heck out! Can't beat for $25!!!

saintangelsin

Re: Lily Allen./DJ Aaron Lacrate/The Bird and The Bee
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 11:34:00 am »
Glad to hear you had a good time! I unfortunately missed out on the opening act. My family and I got to the club around 9 pm. (three hour car trips suck! lol)

I know that I had a blast dancing and singing along to the songs dj played. he's pretty fucking good.

As for Lily, I thought she was awesome. I could tell slight differences in her performance from the last time. She's made some improvements, but I also could tell the poor girl is exhausted. (was it just me or did her voice sound a little higher than usual?) I applaud her for not getting drunk on stage. As for the setlist, it was pretty satisfying. I'm a bit bummed out they didn't do "Blank Expression" cover, but the blondie cover was super sweet.

I was talking to the band after the show and they told me that her show at sonar is just going to be her. Does she do gigs without her band?

Anyway, I had a great time with my sister. My parents were really impressed. I think everyone had a good time. It was a fun Easter to say the least.

bull930

Re: Lily Allen./DJ Aaron Lacrate/The Bird and The Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 12:26:00 pm »
Originally posted by saintangelsin:
  Glad to hear you had a good time! I unfortunately missed out on the opening act. My family and I got to the club around 9 pm. (three hour car trips suck! lol)

I know that I had a blast dancing and singing along to the songs dj played. he's pretty fucking good.

As for Lily, I thought she was awesome. I could tell slight differences in her performance from the last time. She's made some improvements, but I also could tell the poor girl is exhausted. (was it just me or did her voice sound a little higher than usual?) I applaud her for not getting drunk on stage. As for the setlist, it was pretty satisfying. I'm a bit bummed out they didn't do "Blank Expression" cover, but the blondie cover was super sweet.

I was talking to the band after the show and they told me that her show at sonar is just going to be her. Does she do gigs without her band?

Anyway, I had a great time with my sister. My parents were really impressed. I think everyone had a good time. It was a fun Easter to say the least.
three hours?????