Author Topic: Audioslave  (Read 27835 times)

Bartelby

Re: Audioslave
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2005, 06:23:00 pm »
On at 5:01, waiting room 'til 5:20, then AUDIOSLAVE TICKETS ARE SOLD OUT.  I've spent THOUSANDS of dollars in the past year on tickets all over the US with Tickets.com, and I am now officially boycotting TICKETS.COM.  They SUCK. Now I'm forced to buy from some ratbag scalper or a weirdo on craigslist who conducts an on-line auction...

« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2005, 06:26:00 pm »
I logged on at 455 and im still waiting...

is it really sold out?

ratioci nation

« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2005, 06:26:00 pm »
Originally posted by Sayonaro:
  On at 5:01, waiting room 'til 5:20, then AUDIOSLAVE TICKETS ARE SOLD OUT.  I've spent THOUSANDS of dollars in the past year on tickets all over the US with Tickets.com, and I am now officially boycotting TICKETS.COM.  They SUCK. Now I'm forced to buy from some ratbag scalper or a weirdo on craigslist who conducts an on-line auction...
do you have an alternative you want them to try?

ZwanzofNever

« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2005, 06:27:00 pm »
sayonaro, check your PMs

sntacruz06

« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2005, 06:27:00 pm »
I had 930 waiting room, tickets.com, and had them on the phone all simultaneously...finally scored ONE ticket because it kept telling me 2 was too many...this system is fucked

urthman

« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2005, 06:29:00 pm »
There are already close to 70 tickets available on ebay....greedy bastards.

« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2005, 06:30:00 pm »
wtf im still waiting what is the deal...

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2005, 06:31:00 pm »
the waiting room is there so that the system doesn't crash while people are trying to order ticket...
T.Rex

ggw

« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2005, 06:35:00 pm »
There were probably less than a thousand tickets available. Assuming that everyone only bought two tickets each, that's a maximum of 500 people who got tickets.  I can guarantee that there were several times that many trying for tickets.  Why do all you whiners believe that you deserve to be one of those few who got tickets?

Perhaps you would have preferred the old system.  You could have taken the day off from work to spend twelve hours standing in the rain outside of Hechts or Tower Records.  Even then you wouldn't have been guaranteed a ticket, no matter how much money you have spent in the past.  That would have been much better, no?

pytyper1185

« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2005, 06:37:00 pm »
Wow I'm really angry and upset how this whole deal went down. I knew something would be up so I loaded up tickets.com 5-6 minutes before 5:00.  Sure enough, I was directed to a waiting room.  Waited for 10-15 minutes.  Finally got to where I could pick the # of tix, etc.  I picked the 4 tickets(Needed all 4), and tried to buy.  Server was busy.  

This went on for at least 6 minutes.  I clicked the purchase button every time it reloaded with no luck, due to a busy server.  I even called tickets.com on their number at least 30 times, all busy.  30 long distance minutes down the drain.  Now scalpers and assholes are going to push the price up to something I cannot afford.  This is absolutely great.  

So I guess this one goes out to the scalpers, any of you reasonable and care to sell 4 tickets for less than a 400% markup??  fuck.

pytyper1185

« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2005, 06:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  There were probably less than a thousand tickets available. Assuming that everyone only bought two tickets each, that's a maximum of 500 people who got tickets.  I can guarantee that there were several times that many trying for tickets.  Why do all you whiners believe that you deserve to be one of those few who got tickets?

Perhaps you would have preferred the old system.  You could have taken the day off from work to spend twelve hours standing in the rain outside of Hechts or Tower Records.  Even then you wouldn't have been guaranteed a ticket, no matter how much money you have spent in the past.  That would have been much better, no?
Just saw your post.  You're right about the 4x amount of people than there were tickets.  No doubt buying tix online is better than standing 12 hours in the rain.  But if you are going to say tix are on sale at 5 yet start the whole process 10 minutes early with this waiting room bullshit, then thats a great system.  Go and insert your early bird analogy.  I was there early, never got mine.  The way I see it, if you are going to sell tickets at 5, start the system at 5, NOT 1 second beforehand.

vansmack

« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2005, 06:47:00 pm »
Originally posted by pkjr703:
  wtf im still waiting what is the deal...
Keep waiting.  I just got one!!!!!!
27>34

clarksonknight

« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2005, 06:47:00 pm »
Yep, I agree with all of you.  I was online at 12 yesterday, and 5 today.  I have no tickets.  Checked up on some of the local ticket brokers - one had 2 tix for 110 bucks each and 7 tix for 123 bucks each.  This garbage shouldn't be legal.  At least, release maybe 100 tickets every 5 minutes so it wouldn't be such a random crapshoot to try and get tickets.  Bullshizzay, I say.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2005, 06:50:00 pm »
the waiting room was put in place  because there already many people refreshing away on the site.  if tickets.com didn't create the virtual waiting room then they are increasing the likely hood that it will be unable to sell any tickets, due to poor performance.

ticketmaster has something similiar these days for big shows... it just gives you an estimate of how the wait will be to get tickets.  which based on what i saw for u2 tickets can go up and down.

once again complaints should also be directed at the band and it's management.  as evidenced by recent actions taken by U2, a band can help ensure that fans not scalpers get tickets.

Tickets or writstbands can be sold as non-transferrable requiring the person who bought to the ticket to pick it up and immediately enter the venue.  This is the method taken for the Beastie Boys show
T.Rex

Bartelby

« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2005, 06:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

Yeah, well I don't whine much about this subject, but as your "numbers" indicated, this wasn't a huge pool of buyers; nor a hard technological problem to solve IF a VENDOR CARED. There's NO reason for all these continuing systems flaws; this wasn't a national tour sale a la U2.  It's just a good 'ole local show.  Hey, Zwanzofnever: Thank You Very Much!!!