Author Topic: New hot dog shop from falafel people in Adams Morgan  (Read 1187 times)

bellenseb

New hot dog shop from falafel people in Adams Morgan
« on: January 17, 2007, 11:17:00 am »
Is this place open yet?

From On Tap:

If you like hot dogs, get excited. Mâ??dawg (pronounced meh-dog) Haute Dogs is opening this month in Adams Morgan. What makes this place unique is that it is owned by the Amsterdam Falafel shop owners Scott and Arianne Bennett, as well as Chef Greggory Hill of famed David*Greggory restaurant. The hot dogs will be premium quality and can be simply eaten or drenched in decadent sauces of chutneys, relishes, chiliâ??s, coleslaws, cabbages, sauerkrauts, etc, all made by Hill. Theyâ??ll have traditional hot dogs, Italian sausages, bratwursts and ostrich dogs, as well as a hot and cold garnish table. There will be options for all you non-meat eaters that will include veggie dogs, vegetarian chili, etc. Inside, expect to see the unique artwork of G. Byron Peck. Mâ??dawg Haute Dog will be serving up breakfast, lunch, dinner and for all you night owls late night snacking. On the weekends, expect a closing time of 4 am.

Mâ??dawg Haute Dog: 2418 18th St., NW, Washington, D.C.

beetsnotbeats

Re: New hot dog shop from falafel people in Adams Morgan
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 11:21:00 am »
Nothin' like a $6 hot dog....

yinzer

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 11:32:00 am »
b/t ben's and this joint all of my hot dog needs will be covered.  although, if neither existed all of my hot dog needs would pretty much be covered as well.

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 11:51:00 am »
My wife has my hot dog needs covered.

vansmack

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 05:49:00 pm »
That's funny.

A new sausage shop called Underdog just opened up rigth around the corner from our apt and I tried it for the first time last night.  Awesome.  Sausages were $3.50 and tater tots were $2.50, and both were incredible.

Of course, being that it's San Francsico, you had your choice between organicly grown beef/pork/vegetarian sausages, but even my preservative and hormone loving tastes enjoyed the organic suasage!
27>34