Author Topic: DAM! Festival in Pitchfork...  (Read 6839 times)

Darth Ed

Re: DAM! Festival in Pitchfork...
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2006, 12:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bombay Chutney:
  I know I mentioned this before, but you should really post the dates of all of these shows on the "schedule" page and the "bands" page.   It shouldn't be a two step process to determine what date "Saturday" is.
I totally agree.

ggw

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2006, 01:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by Darth Ed:

Originally posted by Bombay Chutney:
  I know I mentioned this before, but you should really post the dates of all of these shows on the "schedule" page and the "bands" page.   It shouldn't be a two step process to determine what date "Saturday" is.
I totally agree. [/b]
What they said.

redsock

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2006, 05:07:00 pm »
I guess i see your point, but it is also not rocket science, when it is posted on other paages and in every other piece of promo material on us. I mean, easy enough to do... but kinda of redundant too. But at least people are checking the site out...

Also, just confirmed James F!@#$%^ Friednman for the saturday (10/28) DC9 show and after party.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2006, 06:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by redsock:
  I guess i see your point, but it is also not rocket science, when it is posted on other paages and in every other piece of promo material on us. I mean, easy enough to do... but kinda of redundant too. But at least people are checking the site out...

When you want people to come to your events, you can never be too redundant. Adding every bit of info is always good.

Bags

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2006, 04:23:00 pm »
And it's helpful if somewhere it's in a type of list that can be copied and pasted in to an email.  That's what I usually do, but haven't had the time to re-type the schedule in to an email, so my email list of 20 or so don't know what's going on.

I know, I know -- they're obviously a bunch of lazy f*&^s, but not everyone is willing to do the work to find out when and where the good shows are!  Hence, there are 'connectors' like me and probably most of the folks on this board.

AND REDSOCK, of course.  Doing this festival is way cool, I really hope there are good turnouts at all the venues!!!

redsock

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2006, 09:26:00 am »
The Going Out Gurus blogged about the festival and did a podcast you can all listen to  here

amnesiac

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2006, 04:34:00 pm »
DAM! Fest just got a shout out on WOXY. De Novo Dahl's doing a lounge act right now...

Sage 703

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2006, 04:46:00 pm »
I'd just like to say that I'm super impressed with how the DAM! Fest has been executed thus far.  It is hard to get people as interested as they seem to be, so I give you big time credit Eric.  Awesome job.  Looking forward to seeing what next year brings as well.  I'd love to help if I can.