Author Topic: home sweet home!  (Read 1688 times)

paige

home sweet home!
« on: June 13, 2003, 05:49:00 pm »
well pals i survived the rough streets of north philly to make it home smelly and exhausted.. but i really had the best time. ran around south street last night, had NO idea that ash was playing at TOLA!! i wish i had had money to go because i loved their show. anyway. i am too lazy to read through all of the threads! somebody please give me a quick overview? thanks loves.  ;)

jadetree

Re: home sweet home!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2003, 05:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by paige:
  well pals i survived the rough streets of north philly to make it home smelly and exhausted.. but i really had the best time. ran around south street last night, had NO idea that ash was playing at TOLA!! i wish i had had money to go because i loved their show. anyway. i am too lazy to read through all of the threads! somebody please give me a quick overview? thanks loves.   ;)  
David Beckham's future with Man United is in doubt and Chris Martin is getting married.

paige

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2003, 06:49:00 pm »
Originally posted by eertedaj:
  David Beckham's future with Man United is in doubt and Chris Martin is getting married.
that's all you can come up with?   :roll:

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2003, 06:53:00 pm »
is blur or dave gahan worth the k.a.s.h... ash rocked so did the polyphonic spree... the family with the slideshow was amusing the drummer daugher adorable... henry rollins and co made peeps happy... andrew is getting his first tattoo!
T.Rex

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2003, 08:31:00 pm »
Idlewild and Blur are coming...but The Mars Volta and BRMC are not. Em, discussion about Sex Pistols and Billy Idol. Loads of concerts this past week (all of them good!). Your input is needed in the Fort Reno Schedule and/or Tuhoy thread (since I think you know about local bands).

Welcome back!

Oh and I think you would like Stellastarr*.

paige

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2003, 09:15:00 pm »
ok well here is my take on the whole ft reno entity -- which i'm sure no one could disagree with:
 -it's free
 -it's outside
 -it's summer
 -it's full of awesome people/bands

so why not just go every week to see who plays?

so... therefore.
 obviously, everyone (except jag!!  :) ) HAS to see black eyes. if not, you are a horrible person. trans am played the black cat a while ago, correct? i've heard that they're pretty good. i actually do not want to go through this band by band, seeing it as i have millions of loads of laundry to wash.... but i'm counting on going at least once a week if not going to both of the shows. if anyone has any advice about bands NOT to see, maybe i'll linger around dupont instead of trekking up to tenley.

oh how nice it is to be home.   :D

mankie

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2003, 09:53:00 am »
Some other things we learned while you were away Paige.

Rhett hates Europeans, although I'm sure they loved him.

Rhett spit in the face of a mime.

Europeans shave their pubes.

"not-to-shabby" has never seen an uncircumsized knob.

Mankie thinks all new music is shite...but I guess you already knew that one!

David Beckham may be leaving United...I know it's already been mentioned but it's unblievable so just confirming it for you.

Kosmo doesn't like The Stranglers!!!!!    :eek:

markie/Andrew WK has been very quiet while you've been gone. HEY!   :eek:    :eek:    :eek:  coincidence?

Jaguär

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2003, 07:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:

You forgot the best part;

he made him talk!   :D

Yank

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2003, 03:12:00 am »
Originally posted by Jaguär:

Originally posted by mankie:

You forgot the best part;

he made him talk!    :D  [/b]
Rhett should have a go with the guards at Buckingham Palace.  Maybe they'd shoot him!  Now there's an idea.