Author Topic: Longwave  (Read 2429 times)

sonickteam2

Longwave
« on: June 18, 2003, 07:46:00 am »
Hey people.  Thinking of checking out Longwave tonight in Baltimore.  Anyone ever see them live?

Dandy01

Re: Longwave
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2003, 04:02:00 pm »
I'm thinking of doing the same but dread the trek from N. VA.  I saw them live at the free AU deal a few months back and really enjoyed them.  What's Fletcher's like anyway?  I imagine it's rather small.

Jaguär

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2003, 06:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by Dandy01:
  I'm thinking of doing the same but dread the trek from N. VA.  I saw them live at the free AU deal a few months back and really enjoyed them.  What's Fletcher's like anyway?  I imagine it's rather small.
It's nice, not fancy or state-of-the-art or anything like that but intimate. Dark and black with a very small bar towards the one side in the back. Has the feel of being in someone's basement except that it's upstairs. Just give yourself a little extra time to find some parking or be prepared to pay meters. Read signs too as there is zoned residential parking. You can't park there long enough. Watch out about parking too far west, as in away from Broadway, especially if you go by yourself. It's near some very bad neighborhoods but also right in some very touristy and much, much safer parts. They have a restaraunt and bar downstairs so eating there too is an option.

Dandy01

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2003, 06:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jaguär:

It's nice, not fancy or state-of-the-art or anything like that but intimate. Dark and black with a very small bar towards the one side in the back. Has the feel of being in someone's basement except that it's upstairs. Just give yourself a little extra time to find some parking or be prepared to pay meters. Watch out about parking too far west, as in away from Broadway, especially if you go by yourself. It's near some very bad neighborhoods but also right in some very touristy and much, much safer parts. They have a restaraunt and bar downstairs so eating there too is an option. [/b]
Thanks Jag!   ;)  Any idea what the best way to get there is from VA?  thanks again.

Jaguär

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2003, 08:24:00 pm »

It's nice, not fancy or state-of-the-art or anything like that but intimate. Dark and black with a very small bar towards the one side in the back. Has the feel of being in someone's basement except that it's upstairs. Just give yourself a little extra time to find some parking or be prepared to pay meters. Watch out about parking too far west, as in away from Broadway, especially if you go by yourself. It's near some very bad neighborhoods but also right in some very touristy and much, much safer parts. They have a restaraunt and bar downstairs so eating there too is an option. [/b]
Thanks Jag!    ;)   Any idea what the best way to get there is from VA?  thanks again. [/b]
Oh, shit. Probably posted this too late. I use Yahoo maps or Map Quest all the time when I go to some area of DC that I don't know. I could get you there in my car but not sure about telling you.

North on either 295 or 95 into Baltimore City.
 Right on Pratt St. just after both stadiums.
 Go all the way through downtown.
 Make a right on Bond St. ....OR....
 Could wait and make a right on Broadway. Only about 2 short blocks away from each other and parking closer to Broadway is safer.
 (Can't remember the cross street the club is on but it's just below Eastern Ave. by maybe a block or so. You will see the club on the corner. It's near H&S Bakery, so smell for fresh bread.)

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2003, 08:51:00 pm »
From 95 N, I always take 395 into the city. Turn right on Pratt. Then Right on President. Then Left on Eastern. And a right on Bond St. The club will be a couple blocks down on your left. It's actually pretty easy.

If you can't find parking on the street, follow Bond until it dead ends and turn right. There will be a parking garage immediately on the right.

Jaguär

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2003, 12:26:00 am »
Originally posted by kurosawa-b/w:
  From 95 N, I always take 395 into the city. Turn right on Pratt. Then Right on President. Then Left on Eastern. And a right on Bond St. The club will be a couple blocks down on your left. It's actually pretty easy.

If you can't find parking on the street, follow Bond until it dead ends and turn right. There will be a parking garage immediately on the right.
Yeah, that will work too. Personally, I hate 395 and would much rather stay on 295/Russell St. but they both work. Of course, I rarely take 95 making 395 totally unnecessary for me. Getting onto Eastern Ave, as Kurosawa mentioned might be easier and safer for you. Again, both work but you will go through a very bad neighborhood and Eastern is a bit brighter and gets more traffic. Might be your better option without knowing what you are getting into.

Dandy01

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2003, 04:41:00 pm »

Originally posted by kurosawa-b/w:

Yeah, that will work too. Personally, I hate 395 and would much rather stay on 295/Russell St. but they both work. Of course, I rarely take 95 making 395 totally unnecessary for me. Getting onto Eastern Ave, as Kurosawa mentioned might be easier and safer for you. Again, both work but you will go through a very bad neighborhood and Eastern is a bit brighter and gets more traffic. Might be your better option without knowing what you are getting into. [/b]
thanks guys, it was too late, but no sweat, I didn't end up making it out.  As a consolation, I caught the premiere of Wake Me When It's Over on Fuse's Oven Fresh show.  That rivals Tidal Wave for being my fave track.