Author Topic: massive attack set list??  (Read 9294 times)

Relaxer

Re: massive attack set list??
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2006, 08:55:00 am »
Originally posted by Christine Moritz:
  For those of you who are going tonight, I'll be doing my set from the DJ booth up in the corner (as I was last night).

I'll be DJing something like 9-10:45 p.m.
What was the song you played at around the 9:30 mark with Thom Yorke on vocals and killer drums. Was that Radiohead?

Great set.

Great show too. I wasn't really looking forward to it, based on some of the tepid reviews and my memories that MA are actually kind of a mellow band (on record). But the sound was great and I really enjoyed it.
oword

aglanixp

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2006, 10:29:00 am »
What a great night.
 I thought the show sounded great (from a few feet in front of the mixing desk).
 The songs translated well live, and Horace Andy seemed like the coolest guy in the world.
 And...
 blah.
 it was good.

Christine Moritz

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2006, 11:32:00 am »
Originally posted by beachy324:
  what was your setlist last night christine?
I'll aim to post both set lists sometime soon -- maybe this weekend, if I can copy (and decipher!) them in time.

Darth Ed

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2006, 12:28:00 pm »
Excellent show, but I wasn't blown away by it either. My expectations may have been a bit too high.

The audience seemed rather lethargic. I would have expected Massive Attack fans to be more into moving with the music, but most people were just standing there even during the faster songs. There's more dancing at Stellastarr* shows.

I also agree that Horace Andy is the coolest. I enjoyed his songs the most last night, and I was desperately hoping he was going to perform during the encore, but he didn't.

I thought the sound was pretty good, if not perfect. The light show was fantastic. Best light show since Billy Corgan's last year.

azaghal1981

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2006, 02:05:00 pm »
Unkle - Rabbit in your headlights (underdog remix)

There's also a great 3-d remix of that song.

Originally posted by Relaxer:

Originally posted by Christine Moritz:
  For those of you who are going tonight, I'll be doing my set from the DJ booth up in the corner (as I was last night).

I'll be DJing something like 9-10:45 p.m.
What was the song you played at around the 9:30 mark with Thom Yorke on vocals and killer drums. Was that Radiohead?

Great set.

Great show too. I wasn't really looking forward to it, based on some of the tepid reviews and my memories that MA are actually kind of a mellow band (on record). But the sound was great and I really enjoyed it. [/b]
احمد

Christine Moritz

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2006, 02:13:00 pm »
Originally posted by Relaxer:

Great set.
Thanks!

Somehow I overlooked your post earlier.  Azaghal1981 is correct; the tune was indeed UNKLE (feat. Thom Yorke) with "Rabbit In Your Headlights" as remixed by Underdog.

And I love those drums too!

Sir HC

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2006, 02:49:00 pm »
Originally posted by jesse:
  Sound was A LITTLE UNDERWHELMING from where i was (1 person was between me and the barricade)

other than that though, REALLY enjoyed it and am very happy i'm going back again tonight.
That is one of the crappiest places to stand in terms of sound.  You have just those two little speakers (if they are on) shooting sound at you.  Sure the bass hits, but the highs and mids are not getting there the same as the rest of the room.  Best sound is either about 25 feet from the stage, center or often by the light desk or mixing board.

blinksaar

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2006, 03:22:00 pm »
amazing show. thought there could have been more bass but I loved it.

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2006, 06:31:00 pm »
Last night's show was much better than the first night, for the simple fact that they were much looser, I think, and it just seemed like everyone brought their A game. LOVED it.

Black Milk was TOOOOOOOO good.
Woof.

Mobius

« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2006, 07:49:00 pm »
Originally posted by Darth Ed:

The audience seemed rather lethargic. I would have expected Massive Attack fans to be more into moving with the music, but most people were just standing there even during the faster songs.

I think the music is rather introspective and I think people could be really into it and delve into the music and the lights, but that wouldn't be apparent to the observer.  However, I was disappointed how many people were not onboard with the show and talking during the set.  Breaking the mood.

blinksaar

« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2006, 09:24:00 am »
who here thinks 3-D is an amazing dancer??

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2006, 02:36:00 pm »
He was like...boxing with himself.

LOVED it.
Woof.

aglanixp

« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2006, 03:45:00 pm »
My friend has a theory that is was on purpose.
 The intentional "I am a British white boy who has been making soul music for 20 years" dance.

blinksaar

« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2006, 05:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by ixkpd-bk:
  He was like...boxing with himself.

LOVED it.
hahaha yeah it was awesome. i wish i could've gotten back on stage and started doing it. especially because i'm sure my friend and I were the youngest ones there.

saintangelsin

« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2006, 05:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by Alec:
  who here thinks 3-D is an amazing dancer??
I was thinking the same thing Thursday night during the set. I liked how he just bounced around on stage. and I love the title someone gave his dancing ("i'm a white british guy who's been making soul music for 20 years")I also agree with whoever said he was boxing with himself!

I'm now kicking myself for not complementing him on his dancing skills.

I wish I could have recorded the conversations I had with 3-D. He's a total trip and all around nice lad.

One of the things I remember talking about was karmacoma. I tried getting him to rap me some of the song backstage, but wouldn't do it without tricky or cool daddy g. I even told him that I would fill-in those parts. to say the very least, that conversation was a bit humorous. I'd say off and on that whole evening after the show, we chatted about a total of 40 minutes.

Originally posted by jesse:
 phh. fuck the shirt.
 that photo's so much cooler than a shirt
 it was very nice meeting you too
yeah you're totally right. I'm still going to order a tshirt off of their website though.

ps- i'm still a bit shocked about meeting him!