Author Topic: DRAGONFORCE ROLL CALL  (Read 5952 times)

lukiedookie89

DRAGONFORCE ROLL CALL
« on: September 28, 2006, 10:07:00 pm »
Found a ticket on Craigslist and I am excited for some METAL on Saturday.  Who else is gonna be there?
 For the record, I have no idea how most of the board feels about Dragonforce.

chokeychicken

Re: DRAGONFORCE ROLL CALL
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 02:55:00 am »
GOD DAMNIT I NEED A TICKET TO THIS.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 10:22:00 am »
Originally posted by lukas:

For the record, I have no idea how most of the board feels about Dragonforce.
Personally, I think Dragonforce is one of the finest cartoons currently on television.

migizi

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 10:42:00 am »
stratovarius a much better band (and dragonforces influence) are playing Sunday at Jaxx...and it's not sold out......I don't know, Dragonforce just sounds like every other power metal band...some people are busting nuts about them but listening to power metal for a long time, I just don't see what the buzz is all about...I mean good for them it's sold out...

TheREALHunter

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 12:03:00 pm »
It's completely overhyped flavor of the month garbage, where were these dweebs when Ronnie James Dio played the 9:30 a couple years ago and only drew maybe 300-400 people at best (and fucking rocked btw)?  And that was with Hammerfall (a fruity band in the same vein as Dragonforce) and King's X opening the show.

I Dare

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 12:40:00 pm »
I'm there.

migizi

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2006, 02:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by TheREALHunter:
  It's completely overhyped flavor of the month garbage, where were these dweebs when Ronnie James Dio played the 9:30 a couple years ago and only drew maybe 300-400 people at best (and fucking rocked btw)?  And that was with Hammerfall (a fruity band in the same vein as Dragonforce) and King's X opening the show.
they were in middle school

pela123

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2006, 03:54:00 pm »
if you're excited for metal this weekend, you are going to the wrong show. perhaps some other members of this board can direct you to metal bands that don't sound like they should be on a video game soundtrack. Snailhook...your musical knowledge is required here.

migizi

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2006, 04:22:00 pm »
the show's at jaxx this week are so sick...spend your money there....Dismember, grave, vital remains, demiricrous on Monday, Arch Enemy, soulless, municipal waste on  Wed.
 Soilwork Thursday....Sat. Destroyer 666, gravewurm, bethledign, inverted crucifix

Relaxer

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2006, 04:48:00 pm »
On Wednesday the 4th, The Sword are playing Recher Theatre. The Sword are so much cooler than Dragonforce -- these guys sound like the Darkness with a cartoon version of Slayer on guitar. It's goofy, but not in a good A.W.K. kind of way.
oword

migizi

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2006, 05:06:00 pm »
with Trivium....right?

lukiedookie89

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2006, 09:36:00 pm »
Weak.  Say what you will, but I am expecting this to be an amazing show.

coreycdxx

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2006, 09:56:00 pm »
i'll be at the club tomorrow night... for Rakim and Brother Ali.

I Dare

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2006, 01:51:00 am »
horse the band probably won't be playing.
 their singer got arrested.

The singer of HORSE the Band was arrested on charges of pointing a gun at a woman and suspicion of robbing a gas station in Toronto. You can read a message regarding the incident from the band below:

At 5 am Lambgoat received the following email from group keyboardist Erik Engstrom:

Nathan our singer was taken to jail tonight after our show with Dragonforce in Toronto on suspicion of robbing a gas station and firing a pistol at a woman. Nathan has been reading Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry and got way into it, thinking he is the main character, Gus.

smakawhat

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2006, 11:39:00 am »
Dragonforce is a band in serious need of Cajones..

Sorry man I was done with shredders back in the 80's I prefer my music to have some depth and not sound like Super Mario brothers Nintendo.

Now props to the dude who mentioned Soilwork, I saw them back in Towson when they were playing with Darkane, SYL (woah that was cool!), and Fear Factory.

I didn't stick around for FF cause I had already seen them before and wasn't that keen on the new album.

I am still waitng for Opeth to come back to the 9:30 club, I am kickin myself for missing them back in the day.